My 1st Starship build. Revell's JJPrise with photoetch, lights and sounds.

Poddy71

Well I finally took the plunge and bought myself my first Starship. I decided to go with revell's JJPrise as I really love the new ship design. I know a lot of people don't like it.

Anyway, I also ordered the Paragrafix photoetch set,which I ordered from Coulson models here in the UK on Wednesday and it arrived this morning. Talk about fast service.

So yesterday I went out and bought some grey and white primer, some CA glue and activator and a few other tools. As this is my first model build in 30 odd years I'm having to start collecting tools and what not from scratch.

I will be having a go at lighting the kit and also adding sounds, which should be fun.

Don't expect a fast build on this, as I'll be taking it very slowly so I can do it some justice.

My only regret is I won't be able to Aztec the model as the only options I can find are from the USA and after postage costs, I can't afford that at the moment. Maybe when I get further down the line I may be able to, but if you guys know of any UK suppliers or an alternative option for them, I'd be very grateful for the advice.

Andy

Nice, I got a lighting kit from Tirydium here in the U.K. and am pretty pleased with it. It's all installed but now need to finish it all off and do the aztecs I bought from orbital dry dock.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back