My 1st Pred heads....RIP

DeloreanRob

Thought I'd show you hunter's the 2 masks I made after I first saw P1.

In 1991, armed with some cardboard, Plasticine (Play-Doh), Copydex (latex carpet glue) & toilet paper(!), I made my first Predator mask. I had absolutely no idea how it would turn out. I started with the basic Predator head shape, then built up the features using the Plasticine, & toilet paper soaked in the Copydex. After painting it, I coated the whole thing in the Copydex for a wet look. I used rope for the dreads & black tape at the ends for the points. I had to throw it out about 10 years ago as it somehow got infested with some sort of lice. :)

Here's the pic I took of it before I binned it:
scan0001.jpg

For my 2nd mask I had the chance to cast a full latex mask in 1992. In fact I made it for my GCSE in art! (Only got a C grade ) I had a nightmare when opening the mould as it broke into 3 pieces but I managed to rectify it. I cast the teeth, mandibles & dreads separately.
Both masks were based on the P1 head as thats my fav!
Here's the 2nd mask:
scan0002.jpg

And again, 2 years ago after deteriorating:
Image077.jpg

Whilst making the masks I used the excellent July '87 issue of Fangoria.

Hopefully this year, with a little help from you guys, I'll own another Pred head!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back