Hi there here is an in progress build of my pg falcon (hope this is ok this is also my first post here).
I never thought I’d get the chance to build this but a mix of 50% off retail (I’m in Australia and that puts it closer to discount US prices) and a break from work gave me a window of opportunity!
Why dad mode? This means I can’t do massive builds requiring lots of airbrushing time so here are some ‘speed tips’ I learned from YouTube and threads here:
1. Built everything except four or five small bits.
2. Preshaded black and sprayed tamiya insignia white spray can in top (two cans)
3. All under carriage stuff was sprayed black and grey highlighted at the same time.
4. The top was masked to paint as you can see! however dad mode means the bottom is all decals
5. Varnish is a mix of GW munitorum varnish (satin varnish big can means no airbrush cleaning!) and will finish with dull cote
6. Weathering will be a mix of tamiya brown and black panel liner, oil brushers and tamiya weathering make up kit.
I’m aiming to get to assembly in the next three or four days how exciting please join me in the final miles!