deleted

Really nice finish on the model.
I completely agree with the lighting comment you made, I mean no disrespect to anyone when I say this but some models have their internal lighting and lighting effects set far too bright and it doesn't look quite right, it spoils the look of the model.

Congratulations on a nicely finished kit.

+1 on the illumination. I think you hit a nice balance, looks great! Also really like the mounting. Almost look like a very very cool end table lamp :) Certainly one I would like to have in my house.

Many thanks guys! I appreciate it.
The lighting and coloring on this build were very important to me.

Excellent shot...

I am presuming this build is a good "warm-up" prior to the Refit / 1701-A... Would you agree?

For my TOS E, I'm torn. I am sorely tempted to add additional surface detail (largely via fine pencil markings) such as subtle panel lines, hatches, etcetera in order to create a model that appears like it would/should if a current film (i.e. Abrams reboot) used the classic ship, albeit somewhat updated and freshened up.

Or, as you have gone, would it be better to go for complete accuracy to the original 11' model.

Dunno...

Could build two, but don't really have the time or space for two of these.

Not so fast Capitan Solo. You can’t fool us using this screen grab from the TV show.

I’m kidding of course…your work is beyond incredible. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back