MW3 and BF3: Who's playing what on what?

BF3 on PC

Intel i5 2500K @ 4.0 Ghz (scyte mugen makes it not asplode on me).
Asrock Z68 extreme 4 mobo
A Crossfire setup with two HD 6950's (2 gb dirt 3 version).
16GB DDR3 as well.

At custom (almost everything ultimate sans a few minor things) settings I run at a smooth 60+ fps.
I love/hate the fact that they merged medic with assault but at least I can now kill effectively and dispense healing at the same time!
That and I've fallen in love with my F2000.

If anyone wants a match/couple of games with a decent medic/squadmate hit me up on origin (tag is techkman).

Nooo, that's actually pretty good. I play maybe an hour or so each day, but I have ONE service star on the M249. But I also play all the classes all the time, so I tend to spread out, and I do a lot more by way of support work than just straight-up killin'.

Yeah, if I had stuck to my SAW, I'd probably have 10 service stars for it but instead I've been trying to unlock all the attachments on my LMG's. Once I get that, I'll probably stick to the SAW since its a good balance of offense and defense.

It might be possible if the guy only played engineer and then only used the G36. I played mostly engineer and recon so I spread out kills through a lot of guns. One I got my recon service start I started playing more assault and support. With assault I can easily see how you can rack up kills way faster. The AEK-971 and F2000 are sweet.

Of course now that I patched my game I can barely connect to any servers...

I only have my M27 and RPK to unlock the attachments/dog tags/service stars for and then I'm moving back to my M249.

I'm pretty happy because I unlocked the mortar medal yesterday and I haven't seen anyone using it.

MW3 is awesome. But i've found the layout to be similiar to MW2. Only things that really gets me is the knifing, Its almost as bad as black ops lol

BF3 on PC

Intel i5 2500K @ 4.0 Ghz (scyte mugen makes it not asplode on me).
Asrock Z68 extreme 4 mobo
A Crossfire setup with two HD 6950's (2 gb dirt 3 version).
16GB DDR3 as well.

At custom (almost everything ultimate sans a few minor things) settings I run at a smooth 60+ fps.
I love/hate the fact that they merged medic with assault but at least I can now kill effectively and dispense healing at the same time!
That and I've fallen in love with my F2000.

If anyone wants a match/couple of games with a decent medic/squadmate hit me up on origin (tag is techkman).

I'd be up for that. Feel free to add me. I play as Solo4114. I've been trying to get better co-op going, and amazingly have found that party chat + headphones + open mic works quite well. Some folks have said they have problems, but at least on PC, my experience thus far has been pretty good. I'm trying to unlock the various co-op weapons.

Yeah, if I had stuck to my SAW, I'd probably have 10 service stars for it but instead I've been trying to unlock all the attachments on my LMG's. Once I get that, I'll probably stick to the SAW since its a good balance of offense and defense.

I like the 249 but haven't played enough with the others to really tell. I play all the classes (yes, even Recon), but the one that I'm closest to finishing the unlock tree with is Assault (easiest class to level, IMO). Even then, I'm working up the unlocks on the weapons as well, to try to get a sense for them and to have them to where I can effectively compare them. The comparison of this weapon vs. that weapon when one has a bunch of unlocks and the other doesn't, isn't really all that fair, even when other differences are obvious.

anyway, I like the 249, but mostly because I find it has relatively easy recoil to handle. The others seem to jump all over the place.

It might be possible if the guy only played engineer and then only used the G36. I played mostly engineer and recon so I spread out kills through a lot of guns. One I got my recon service start I started playing more assault and support. With assault I can easily see how you can rack up kills way faster. The AEK-971 and F2000 are sweet.

Of course now that I patched my game I can barely connect to any servers...

Try doing a "Repair Install" from Origin. That's supposed to help stability.

The story of the guy with the G36 could also be aimbot assisted. I had my first experience with that the other night on a Metro 64 player conquest server. Some dude went 170 and 15. I'm sorry, but NOBODY is that good. I think the whole server reported him. It really ruined the game.

As for assault class's weapons, I actually found the M16A3 and A4 to be quite good. Not a huge fan of the AK-74M. The 416 is ok, but strikes me as sort of a "jack of all trades, master of none." I'm starting to dig the KH2002, and the F2000 is beastly in close but I wouldn't get too attached to it. I've heard noise that they may nerf it at some point. The AEK-971 and AN-94 I haven't had a chance to play with enough to comment on.

I only have my M27 and RPK to unlock the attachments/dog tags/service stars for and then I'm moving back to my M249.

I'm pretty happy because I unlocked the mortar medal yesterday and I haven't seen anyone using it.

I've used the mortar, but I find it's only useful in limited situations. If you have a friendly recon with a MAV up, it makes it a LOT easier, but even then, it kinda depends. A lot of my kills have been anti-mortar kills, which is always satisfying. Mortaring, from what I can tell, is like far more obvious sniping (obvious because you show up on the minimap VERY easily).

As for the M27 and RPK...eh. I don't plan on doing much with them until I play with the other support weapons. They seem to be basically just high ammo capacity assault rifles, and are demonstrably worse than the Assault kit's weapons, so...why bother?

Anyone finding any use for the PDWs? I find them to be pretty underwhelming. Most of the time, a shotgun would seem to be far more useful, given the weak range they have.

I have both BF3 and MW3 for PS3. Trying to decide which one I will commit to... but that will be once I'm done with Dark Souls.. =)

I'm starting to dig the KH2002, and the F2000 is beastly in close but I wouldn't get too attached to it. I've heard noise that they may nerf it at some point. The AEK-971 and AN-94 I haven't had a chance to play with enough to comment on.

I haven't played any COOP yet so I don't have any of those rifles yet. The F2000 is deadly at any range (well, in range for an assault rifle). I've been using it with the IR scope and you can almost just terrorize any point that you're at. I've only had it for a few days and got a second service star. I'm going to try out the AN-94 and see how it is.

Don't get too attached to the IR scope, man. DICE is planning some kind of nerf for it. Frankly, I've used it a few times on some weapons, and it's simply "easy mode." There's no two ways about that. I don't know what they'll do to make it less "easy" but I'm avoiding using it before the nerf so I don't end up screwing up my own abilities to spot enemies without it. Same goes for the use of the flashlight. They'll be toning that down, so don't expect it to remain a tactical miniature supernova forever.

I have no doubt they will. It really only helps you find enemies you wouldn't have seen. Otherwise it's actually no better than the holographic site, which I think is more accurate. I really don't think IRNV is as bad as people think. You actually have a range limitation of maybe 50yds. I couldn't even see down the street on Seine where people were firing back. I can't wait for the flashlights to get killed. I've been killed more from idiot teammates blinding me with it and an enemy popping up and shooting me!

I beat MW3 in under 5 hours. The storyline was good, kinda annoying that at the end of each mission they switched to where you're playing on a different team. The game was too short though. A better FPS game would be Killzone 3 it took me 2 days to get through it, or Warhammer 40k Space Marine, now I really love that game. Jetpack and Power Hammer that is all I need.

My biggest BF3 complaint is spawn killing. I think they need to make you invincible for 5secs after you spawn. It really p*sses me off when half my deaths in a round are from spawning and immediately getting sniped. They need to at least let you be ready to defend yourself.

MW3 is just as bad at spawning. You would think after five games they'd figure out how to fix it. I'm not a big Halo player, but I don't ever remember being spawned killed in the games I played.

My biggest BF3 complaint is spawn killing. I think they need to make you invincible for 5secs after you spawn. It really p*sses me off when half my deaths in a round are from spawning and immediately getting sniped. They need to at least let you be ready to defend yourself.
Can't you just pick a different spawn point? Or spawn on a teammate instead of a predefined location? You're not fixed to a single location except at the start of the match. If one of the spots is being camped, pick a different one.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back