MW3 and BF3: Who's playing what on what?

Actually I'd say MG is the way to go for maximizing points. I literally sat in a tunnel with my ammo crate on me so I constantly restocked ammo and just laid waste. If I remember correctly, I went 45:3 and earned 31 ribbons/awards.

Don't ask me why but they just kept coming. I can almost guarantee my rep got hit bad on Xbox live because of that match.

Assault is the point monster. Get on a 64 player server and play a round of Metro Conquest with 1000 tickets as assault. Just spend your time dropping health bags and reviving folks and you can easily crack the top 3 without ever firing your gun.

That's the one thing I really hate about playing it on my Xbox is that the maximum amount of players we get is 24 on a server. 64 players would be mind blasting.

That's the one thing I really hate about playing it on my Xbox is that the maximum amount of players we get is 24 on a server. 64 players would be mind blasting.

For some maps, it's awesome, and a great way to rack up huge scores in a round. For a lot of other maps, it means you die A LOT. with that many people, and so much open ground, unless your team is SERIOUSLY coordinated (not happening, because there's no VOIP in the game right now for PC), you'll just get chewed to bits.

Overall, I really enjoy the game. I'm having a hard time distinguishing the performance differences between weapons, and we have very little hard data yet (plus, I haven't unlocked a lot of stuff), but I like it overall.

Three of the main classes "Feel" abuot perfect (Assault/Medic, Support, and Engineer). Recon sucks right now. They're next to useless. I can explain more if folks are curious, but basically, your guns are mostly crap, and your role on the battlefield is more of an afterthought. Recon sucks. There's no getting around it.

Most of the vehicles feel good. Tanks, LAVs, and the amphibious assault carrier are all cool. Jeeps and such are good too. Attack choppers seem fine.

Scout and transport choppers and planes, though, seem kinda pointless.

There's still obviously kinks to work out with the game (at least on PC), but it can be a hell of a lot of fun, too. The maps are pretty good as well, both for Rush and Conquest. I don't bother with TDM, or the Squad Rush/Squad TDM game modes, but I might give them a try later.

I like that you get to gradually build up each gun's selection of accessories, although there's a lot of fairly useless crap for certain guns. Like, why would I want to put an ACOG scope on my shotgun? and why do I need a red dot sight vs. a holo sight vs. the Russian equivalents for each? That stuff I think is just treadmilling to treadmill, but as I said, there are some genuinely useful things to grab.

I really like how all but the recon kits are able to go in different directions, although some gadgets are more useful than others. I'm still not seeing much use for the engineer's EOD bot. Yeah, you can arm and disarm MComs, but only if the bot can get there, and then only if nobody notices it. The only benefit to using it is that you don't waste your own life and a respawn and can try again yourself (or use another bot if you have a support nearby to resupply you). Recon gadgets are a different story. One is good (the respawn beacon), but most are only useful in very limited situations and/or remove your already limited firepower from the table to use (like the MAV).

Anyone playing MW3 on PC? I beat the game last night and I started playing some of the Spec Ops missions. It would be fun to have someone from the RPF on there playing.

For PC players out there, I have a TeamSpeak 3 server that I run that anyone from the RPF can feel free to use. The IP is 184.166.18.98. I like it better than the in game voice personally. If anyone wants to play, I am usually on from about 7:00PM MST to 9:00PM MST or later some nights. I'd be down for MW3, BF3, Left 4 Dead or any other manner of PC gaming. My BF3 name is RichardSpank and if anyone wants my Steam name, just ask.

I play online, PS3
Fenneccooper is my PSN
I am up for spec ops/multiplayer online :)
Just add me and tell me you are from the RPF

Recon is pretty useless so far. I played it enough to unlock the M98, but now I started playing other classes more. They need to up the amount of points for using SOFLAM because no one is using it. Mostly I've done recon and engineer. I'm loving assault so far. I played assault with the M320 and cleaned up on Metro last night.

On PC, recon does not get one-hit kills unless it hits the head. Ever. Even in hardcore.

And it gets negligible points. Recon sucks, basically. It's got its uses, but they're very very limited. I'm currently only bothering occasionally to use it. My real favorite at the moment is playing as a combat medic version of the assault.

I started off by preordering BF3 on PS3. I DL'ed the beta and it kept kicking me off of PSN, couldn't even get through one round. I thought it may have been a bad DL, so I tried it again. Nope, same thing. I just didn't want take a chance on paying 60 bucks for something I can only play half of what is intended to be played. May look at getting it preowned later. So I changed my preorder to MW3 and I'm glad I did. The campaign was pretty good in my opinion, and I like what they've done with the multiplayer as well. My GT on PSN is vshore100 if anyone is interested in playing. Let me know if you are from the forums.

I am currently playing BF3 on PC. Probably will be playin MW3 on my PC too, soon as I get my next paycheck from Target. I am PvtHuds0n on Origin, and xfuk0ffx on steam. Feel free to add me. I am mostly infantry player for BF3 for non HC mode. I tend not to play maps that have anything more then a apc(Grand Baazar, Terran Highway Operation Metro etc). I am a decent medic and shooter if you need revives or heals I am your guy!

Have any of you checked out the leaderboards for the PC BF3? The guy at the top has to be a cheater. It says he scores 3,000 some points a minute. I don't know how that would be possible. I've also seen a guy who already had 26 Service Stars for a G36 rifle. I think some of these people must play most of the day and have no real life or something.

Have any of you checked out the leaderboards for the PC BF3? The guy at the top has to be a cheater. It says he scores 3,000 some points a minute. I don't know how that would be possible. I've also seen a guy who already had 26 Service Stars for a G36 rifle. I think some of these people must play most of the day and have no real life or something.

Yeah, the underemployed and college kids have the kind of time to get that good and play that much. If you play on servers like Metro 64 player conquest servers, I can see where someone's score per minute would be that high. Especially if you're also part of a clan that works to support you and that you support. 3000 is pretty high, but still.

It doesn't really matter, though. I never really gave a crap about leaderboards. I just play for fun.:thumbsup

Been playing MW3 on the xbox. For the first time I don't really care about the story mode. I'm really enjoying trying to get three stars on all the Spec-Ops missions though. Those are really fun.

John

Im playing MW3 on Xbox. My gamertag is Klavan. Mostly just doing multiplayer as the story mode seems like it doesnt matter if you do anything or not as long as you follow the rest of your team around.

26 G36 service starts isn't surprising. I've barely touched my M249 and I have 4 service stars. I don't play a lot either. An hour every couple days maybe?

MW3 - Not at all.

BF3 - PC. My specs actually aren't that different from the OP:

Core i7 2600K @ 3.4GHz (not overclocked... yet)
ASRock Z68 Mobo
16GB DDR3
EVGA GeForce GTX-465 1GB

BF3 at ultramax settings, 1680x1050, runs in the 30s. I could probably easily get into the 60s if I dropped the settings a little, but the game's so pretty! And I suck online anyway, so a higher framerate isn't really going to help me much.

Currently chewing my way through Skyrim. BFG: Big F'in Game.

26 G36 service starts isn't surprising. I've barely touched my M249 and I have 4 service stars. I don't play a lot either. An hour every couple days maybe?

Nooo, that's actually pretty good. I play maybe an hour or so each day, but I have ONE service star on the M249. But I also play all the classes all the time, so I tend to spread out, and I do a lot more by way of support work than just straight-up killin'.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back