mutronics guyver helmet sculpt

jamesgarryd1

hi guys well all my life iv allways wanted a guyver helmet 5 years ago i was new to scuplting and did a guyver helmet which didnt come out the way i was happy with so here i go again lol i hope you guys like my progress so far
eek.gif

Not too bad. Don't forget the antenna/horn/whatever...

Where the sensors run along the top of the head, though, needs to be a bit deeper. Is the head laser really that small? I never really paid attention. I guess I should, huh? If you're aiming for the movie version, the eyes also pop out a little bit on the outer ends. It's only a total of about 5 degrees of movement on each side, I think, but the eye lenses are definitely flatter. If you're aiming for the anime/manga, you should be fine, just define the sensor runs a bit better.

Not too bad. Don't forget the antenna/horn/whatever...

Where the sensors run along the top of the head, though, needs to be a bit deeper. Is the head laser really that small? I never really paid attention. I guess I should, huh? If you're aiming for the movie version, the eyes also pop out a little bit on the outer ends. It's only a total of about 5 degrees of movement on each side, I think, but the eye lenses are definitely flatter. If you're aiming for the anime/manga, you should be fine, just define the sensor runs a bit better.
mutronics and dark hero had 2 helmets as iam awear stunt and close ups you are right about the lazer bit this is still w,i, p and a real challenge sculpting which i like lol

just a quick update made a cupal of changes buy the end of the week i will have layed in all the detail and worked it all in with the minirals

mutronics and dark hero had 2 helmets as iam awear stunt and close ups you are right about the lazer bit this is still w,i, p and a real challenge sculpting which i like lol

Still, taking the 'selective knowledge' route, one without knowledge of typical movie techniques might not know that about two helmets.

And I know it's a W.I.P., not to worry. :cool

I bet it's a challenge to sculpt. Remembering Art Class in H.S., I wasn't great at the sculpting, but was a decent hand at pottery. :unsure

Messing around aside, it's still a nice piece of work. I've heard other stories of others making helmets. Haven't made one myself yet, lack of resources mostly. Yeah, the big dollar. If you need help, the bioweapons.com site (EvilFX's site. Is he on here? He might help out here too) has some helpful tips on making the molds. Hasn't updated the site in a while for the how-to, but it can definitely get you started, and if you can get a hold of him personally, even better.

thats outstanding work matey, i didnt realise people were still into guyver as much now.

heres a pic of my build i did last year with lit eyes.

IMG_0600.jpg

Still, taking the 'selective knowledge' route, one without knowledge of typical movie techniques might not know that about two helmets.

And I know it's a W.I.P., not to worry. :cool

I bet it's a challenge to sculpt. Remembering Art Class in H.S., I wasn't great at the sculpting, but was a decent hand at pottery. :unsure

Messing around aside, it's still a nice piece of work. I've heard other stories of others making helmets. Haven't made one myself yet, lack of resources mostly. Yeah, the big dollar. If you need help, the bioweapons.com site (EvilFX's site. Is he on here? He might help out here too) has some helpful tips on making the molds. Hasn't updated the site in a while for the how-to, but it can definitely get you started, and if you can get a hold of him personally, even better.
yer i have seen bioweapon really cool iv only been sculpting for 5 years now but i have been on the prop making scene for meny of years now i first started off making predator suits lol but iam a big fan of steve wangs work he is my idle and
inspiration

thats outstanding work matey, i didnt realise people were still into guyver as much now.

heres a pic of my build i did last year with lit eyes.

IMG_0600.jpg
i also have 1 of these iv got a little collection of guyver stuff 1 thing i will say about these guyver head is dam they are warpd when you get them lol great paint up the bust:rolleyes

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back