mutronics guyver helmet sculpt

Discussion in 'Sculpture and Makeup Effects' started by jamesgarryd1, Mar 10, 2012.

1. jamesgarryd1

jamesgarryd1 New Member

hi guys well all my life iv allways wanted a guyver helmet 5 years ago i was new to scuplting and did a guyver helmet which didnt come out the way i was happy with so here i go again lol i hope you guys like my progress so far [​IMG]

2. Daemon324

Daemon324 Active Member

Not too bad. Don't forget the antenna/horn/whatever...

Where the sensors run along the top of the head, though, needs to be a bit deeper. Is the head laser really that small? I never really paid attention. I guess I should, huh? If you're aiming for the movie version, the eyes also pop out a little bit on the outer ends. It's only a total of about 5 degrees of movement on each side, I think, but the eye lenses are definitely flatter. If you're aiming for the anime/manga, you should be fine, just define the sensor runs a bit better.

3. jamesgarryd1

jamesgarryd1 New Member

mutronics and dark hero had 2 helmets as iam awear stunt and close ups you are right about the lazer bit this is still w,i, p and a real challenge sculpting which i like lol

4. ironkamakaze

ironkamakaze Member

your helmet is spot on man

5. Kyle138

Kyle138 Well-Known Member

This is Amazing!

6. jamesgarryd1

jamesgarryd1 New Member

just a quick update made a cupal of changes buy the end of the week i will have layed in all the detail and worked it all in with the minirals

7. Kyle138

Kyle138 Well-Known Member

Are you making the for display only or to be wearable?

8. scorpion

scorpion Active Member

love your sculpt looks great, which type of clay you use oil or water based?

9. jamesgarryd1

jamesgarryd1 New Member

oil based nsp medium chavant and yes it will be wearable i plan to cast them in latex and resin and iam making the hole suit

10. jclayman99

jclayman99 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

from one sculptor to another, nice work. spot on.

11. jamesgarryd1

jamesgarryd1 New Member

thanks for the comments guys really means alot:)

12. Daemon324

Daemon324 Active Member

Still, taking the 'selective knowledge' route, one without knowledge of typical movie techniques might not know that about two helmets.

And I know it's a W.I.P., not to worry. :cool

I bet it's a challenge to sculpt. Remembering Art Class in H.S., I wasn't great at the sculpting, but was a decent hand at pottery. :unsure

Messing around aside, it's still a nice piece of work. I've heard other stories of others making helmets. Haven't made one myself yet, lack of resources mostly. Yeah, the big dollar. If you need help, the bioweapons.com site (EvilFX's site. Is he on here? He might help out here too) has some helpful tips on making the molds. Hasn't updated the site in a while for the how-to, but it can definitely get you started, and if you can get a hold of him personally, even better.

13. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

I love Guyver, I've always loved the organic look of the suits. Great sculpt, good luck with the suit.

14. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

thats outstanding work matey, i didnt realise people were still into guyver as much now.

heres a pic of my build i did last year with lit eyes.

[​IMG]

15. jamesgarryd1

jamesgarryd1 New Member

yer i have seen bioweapon really cool iv only been sculpting for 5 years now but i have been on the prop making scene for meny of years now i first started off making predator suits lol but iam a big fan of steve wangs work he is my idle and
    inspiration

16. jamesgarryd1

jamesgarryd1 New Member

i also have 1 of these iv got a little collection of guyver stuff 1 thing i will say about these guyver head is dam they are warpd when you get them lol great paint up the bust:rolleyes

17. jamesgarryd1

jamesgarryd1 New Member

heres another photo of todays progress not much but iam messing around sculpting differnt mic tips :)

18. jamesgarryd1

jamesgarryd1 New Member

just a cupal of photos on my wip getting there but still not happy with it iam now working on the crown of the head

19. mxpxrobbie

mxpxrobbie Active Member

Awesome, Guyver is cool, and this sculpt looks great!

20. dme3o

dme3o Well-Known Member

Very impressive! Great job! :O

21. hidden jitsu

hidden jitsu Guest

stunning work , i love the guyver.
    Will this be getting cast up to sell?

22. mutronics

mutronics Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This is looking great! It's not easy getting it symmetrical, but looks like you're doing a good job!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  23. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Member

Dude, I love the helmet. Huge guyver fan and always enjoyed the films and anime series.

24. Buddha

Buddha New Member

looks really nice, sir. Everything looks super smooth and perfect.

25. kev1969

kev1969 Well-Known Member

Looks great, big Guyver fan watching this with great interest.

26. jamesgarryd1

jamesgarryd1 New Member

hey thanks guys been sometime since i posted eny updates but ill add some photos this week this has got to be my longist sculpt project ever as ever time i look at it somethink dont look right lol but im getting there now :rolleyes

27. jamesgarryd1

jamesgarryd1 New Member

well just some photo updates not finished yet as im still pulling my hairout lol:behave

28. jamesgarryd1

jamesgarryd1 New Member

photos update :behave

29. guilty gear

guilty gear Active Member

looks fantastic, keep em coming !!!