Music and songs that just makes a film work!

Skyler101

Sr Member
Hey Guys...

I want to start a thread talking about music/songs that just take you back to the magic and thrill you felt when you first saw a film!

Im sure you know what I am talking about. When I am driving down the road, and Hewey Lewis's "Power of Love" comes on, all I want to do is grab a skateboard, and head over to Docs place to use his crazy amp. :)

So, sing out and list your music that you would carry on you iPod that would lift your day. It can be a song or soundtrack... All is good!

Heres one that started me thinking about this topic.

I loved the film "Iron Eagle" when it came out in the 80's/ When I finally got my driver licence, all I could do was listen to the soundtrack. Especially "One Vision" by Queen. For me, I was in the f16, going to get my Dad back from forces who wanted to keep him away.

But there was one song I really wanted that I could not, for the life of me find! It is "Old enough to Rock and Roll" by Rainey Haynes. It was used at the start of the film, when Doug and Notcher race using his plane, and Notchers bike. Years later, I pulled the audio from the film, but I could never find the original!
Seems that while the director commissioned the song for the film, it never went threw licensing, and was left off the soundtrack... :(

Well, this week, I found it! Been listening to it for the past few days, and it just doesn't get old. Lucky I don't have my motorbike where I am right now, cause I didnt think I could afford the tickets! :)

Rainey Haynes - Old Enough To Rock and Roll - YouTube

Put up your songs... The ultimate film Playlist begin now! :)

-Skyler101

Vangelis-bladerunner score (love every second of music in that film) and American werewolf in London, every time I hear a song about the moon.....

I was walking through our local mall a while back (which for several reasons is practically deserted) when they started playing a song on the PA. It was "Girl of my dreams" by Glen Gray. I recognized it as being the song Mickey Rourke kept humming to himself in "Angel Heart" and despite the fact that it was just a movie, and this was just a mall, I had a definite urge to RUN for the nearest exit. :eek :lol

GIRL OF MY DREAMS ~ Glen Gray & his Casa Loma Orchestra.wmv - YouTube

I think the music in Dragonheart works pretty well.

also, LA Story. Its an OK film, but at the end, Steve martin says "you never know the moment when love begins, but you always know the moment love ends" and they play Exile by Enya and it makes the entire cooky humor movie work perfectly. At least for me.

Yeah I loved the music in Bronson and Drive, both had an 80's vibe and funk.
Donnie Darko was great, along with most films made by Quentin Tarantino!

When I am working on a writing project, I tend to listen to this :

ST:TMP Enterprise - YouTube

I wrote a whole film script with their soundtrack on repeat... Film was very successful, you guys would freak out if you knew... ;)

There are some great suggestions here. How about Pop songs? Name them and the films!

Playlists will be coming very soon!

-Skyler101

Songs that make it work? hmmm...
Mary Poppins
The Wizard of Oz
The Commitments
Blues Brothers
The Graduate
Walk the Line
... just to name a few

Just scores...
The Godfather
The Cowboys
Superman
... heck never mind we've been through this one.

Doug

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back