Muscle suit to start?

Dan3181

Hey guys,

Just a quick question:

I've been scanning the forum for a few months now getting tips, ideas and generally staring in admiration at the many costume pieces and creations which are on show....i mean....WOW.

At this point in time, as with most folk cash-flow is an issue at the mo which means, unfortunately i can't just go CRAZY and buy a suit outright, (as much as i'd like to).

My question is to all you experts, for someone in my position who is looking for a decent outfit of his favourite pschotic alien hunter, am i on the right track starting with a muscle suit of some description i.e. mr incredible, Cap America etc, together with a tub of the correct liquid latex (RD407?) to paint onto it, followed by the paint process i.e. undercoat of yellow, followed by some detail using a darker colour, followed by more spots and details using brown?

After that, i can worry about my arsenal and an awesome mask which i really really hope to purchase from people on this site who create them (except no substitutes) :)

Any tips would be great peeps........take it easy.

sew up the chest area on the muscle suit, cover it in 3 coats of liquid latex and then look for ta2pro's P1 mask tutorial to help paint it up
you'll need an airbush
and reference

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back