Muscle Suit In The Making - Sculpt With Pics

corpseguy

UPDATE : MORE PICTURES BELOW

Greetings one and all.

Hell. its been ..a good 3 years since i've been around these parts - personally i blame facebook.
Anyhow some of you probably saw my chest on there as well but if not i wanted to post it here and share it out.
I've still got a long way to go on this, am by no means finished.

My only concerns are what to make them out of.

Silicone and Soma-foma would be perfect but.. my pockets arn't that deep.

short of that latex with a core for foam. ( admittedly foam latex woud be fun but not got an oven that big)

What'd you guys think?

chest302.jpg

chest304AA.jpg

chest301.jpg

I agree with uratz. And I second for a suit. I'm getting excited just looking at it...... Not because it's a guys torso..... Lol but because it looks awesome

Personally I've been wanting to sculpt my own muscle suit for Death Darksiders 2 costume, seeing this is already done no need for me to go thru the trouble. I'm dead tired of making molds and got no more room. So this makes sense.

Question: Are you gonna foam it up with Flex Foam It from smooth on? or maybe just have options of foam and unfoamed. I'm pretty beefy think I can fill this up. Just gotta trim down my gut a bit. LOL

Awesome work mate.You are a very talented artist and wish i had 1/4 of your skills.

Practive practive man.. I'm not the best but i'm not the worst. just keep at it. and when you're sick of it. do it again! lol but thank you.

Personally I've been wanting to sculpt my own muscle suit for Death Darksiders 2 costume, seeing this is already done no need for me to go thru the trouble. I'm dead tired of making molds and got no more room. So this makes sense.

Question: Are you gonna foam it up with Flex Foam It from smooth on? or maybe just have options of foam and unfoamed. I'm pretty beefy think I can fill this up. Just gotta trim down my gut a bit. LOL

Yeah not gonna lie, I'm running out of room and fast!
I'm debating using a latex skin and foaming it with a core.. Or Silcione skin and foam.. ( depending on my bank account)
A buddy of mine workd in film and he's been running foam latex for about 15 years. i'm tempted... but not totally sold on foam latex!

I may just hit you up for suit. How big is this?

Currently the waist is at 36"-38". not measured the chest yet. someone mentioned on another board how its rather thin. but i didn;t make it for anyone but me :D though if people were interested i'd be happy to look into it

Nice! What are the measurements for this upper?

See above :) and below!

Can you tell us the measurements? As i am skinny like hell :)

36"-38" waist, ...chest... no sure yet

Thanks for the kind words all!

Should do a price comparison between silicone and latex. But I think I'm speaking for most people here including noobs, latex is much more easier to paint than silicone. Not everyone here including me know how to properly use or mix silicone paints that stick.

I think I may not be able to afford a silicone based product either given the price of it. But regardless I think you can cast both regardless the mold method and for those with the loot they can always get a silicone from you, but those with a budget like me, Latex will do fine!

Can't wait to see you cast this baby up

Should do a price comparison between silicone and latex. But I think I'm speaking for most people here including noobs, latex is much more easier to paint than silicone. Not everyone here including me know how to properly use or mix silicone paints that stick.

I think I may not be able to afford a silicone based product either given the price of it. But regardless I think you can cast both regardless the mold method and for those with the loot they can always get a silicone from you, but those with a budget like me, Latex will do fine!

Can't wait to see you cast this baby up

well latex is a hell of alot cheaper than silicone. but once latex goes in the mold platinum silicone will never cure it in. i would do a run of silicone chests and then latex but not the other way around.

silicone painting is surprisingly easy and lends its self well to skin. mix A and B. add colour or flocking and just paint :D.. but yeah its pretty damn expensive.

I'm just glad I was able to hold the pose long enough for you to do your thang :) haha J/K looks great!

There will be a lineup a mile long I'm sure once you get it sorted

Sorry its been so long guys its been a crazy month..

Ok its been a little while with this Please note this is only a WIP still. its a quick test pull so still ironing out the kinks!

20120712_152354.jpg

20120712_152649.jpg

20120712_152721.jpg

20120712_152324.jpg

and just for good measure..

20120712_153204.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back