Munin's P1 Suit Build

Munin

Hello everyone!

I though I should set up a WIP thread now that I have finally begun working on my P1 suit. A Termokk 3.0 mask arrived in the mail last week, along with an asortment of paints and other things I need to get started.

I have opted for the liquitex ink rout, having done a bit of research around here it seemed like a good straightforwards way to do it. The only thing keeping me back right now is waiting for a power converter for the airbrush compressor. I managed to buy the american model and forget about that bit, which is fair enough if it hadn't been for the fact that they also sold european models at the exact same price. Oh well.

In the meantime I have removed the moldlines and done some rough cutting of the eyes and mouth, the goofy results of the first test fitting can be seen below.

pred3.jpg

Hopefully I'll have all the things I need to start painting within a couple of weeks. So, stay tuned. ;)

Things are coming together a lot faster than planned, not complaining though. The torso arrived today, with a couple more smaller parts also in the mail. Airbrush and compressor is also up and running, but being a bit swamped at the moment I haven't had to opportunity to get started yet. The idea right now is to get a couple of base layers down on the mask this sunday at a local costume workshop.

predtorso2.jpg

Allround the fit and length is very good, just needs some padding in the arms and a little bit around the biceps. I'm also curious if it is reccomended/not reccomended to cut a slit inside the armpit to allow the arms to stay down a bit more naturally and perhaps prevent a little bit of the folding action that occurs when you move them? Or will proper padding do the job just fine?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back