Interest Mummy Book of the Dead kit

adamata

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have been thinking about making some kits again, but they are a *lot* of work and take quite a bit of resin. I am trying to gauge some interest.

The kit has 33 pieces, including a casting of an open key. The molds are made from original stunt book pieces, so you wont find anything closer to the original and this is what the stunt book looked like in the film.

It's a non-opening book and pretty hefty when finished.

Here is the kit

botd_kit2.jpg

A note about size. The front and back panels are 10.5" X 14"

here is mine, built from the kit.

mummy-botd-1.jpgmummy-botd2.jpg

Pricing: $300 per kit (not including shipping, and I am trying to keep this to US only as shipping overseas has been a painful experience for me lately)

List:
  1. Jclayman99 - no response
  2. xcelsior - declined (for now)
  3. CrinolinGremlin -no response
  4. RobertMuldoon - Kit #1 PAID / Shipped
  5. Amadeusw - Declined
  6. Asavage - Kit #2 -PAID / Shipped
  7. Crighton - Kit #3 - PAID / Shipped
  8. Macorrie - Kit #4 - PAID / Shipped
  9. Zendragon - Kit #5 - PAID / Shipped
  10. Renman2009 - No response
  11. hnyuht - Kit #6 - PAID / Shipped
  12. Bondoman - Kit #7 - Done / PENDING
  13. dhunpael - Kit #8 - PAID / Shipped
  14. BlindVoyeur - Kit #0 - Done / Shipped
  15. List is capped. Thanks!

Last edited:
Could it be that this matches sizewise the springloaded, opening Key of Hamunaptra offered on Shapeways via an rpf member recently?

The key is cast from an original stunt key that is in the open position. I have no idea about any key on shapeways. all the parts I have are cast from original stunt pieces, so you cant get a better match. the key fits in the lock on my kit.

I got completely sidetracked last summer (My son was graduating HS and heading off to College)! It's a serious possibility this spring. I do want to make some. So, I will take a serious look this spring and see what I can do

I had never stopped by here and read about the book. I see that this goes all the way back to June 2017.
I designed my key (which is on Shapeways) from looking at the movie. All dimensions are approximated.
Also, to be a functional key, certain measurements HAD to be that way to accommodate the functioning pieces of the key and still be 3D printable.

I now have a 3D printer, and will try printing my key myself.

adamata Can you sell me just the round circle piece with the scarab logo that is the indent for the key ?
From that, I can see if my key can be modified to fit your book properly.

Also, it doesn't appear to have an actual lock that would open with the key, but a working key to go with the book would still be cool. :cool:

Last edited:
Okay, I blew up the front of the book so its width was 10.5 as stated. It's at an angle, so it's still a bit hard to measure, but my key does look a bit too big to fit the indent.
I'm going to resize my key to fit the size of the lock. If I can print it myself, I'll put the key up as a separate run as an optional accessory for Adamata's Book.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back