Mugatu’s Souvenirs, Novelties, Party Tricks: LIVE FIRE E11

So great to see these pieces in your hands!

How did you get the written number off the LP7 body? I was hesitant to use acetone or any other strong solvent...

Really awesome haul! congrats Andy (y)
that laser rangefinder is amazing, I didn't know I needed one yet :lol:

Thanks, eethan

The Electrobinoculars that Han uses to try to see what impacted on Hoth has been one of my very favorite props since before I knew props were a thing. When I was a young boy, like 6 years old, it was the last movie I saw in the theaters with my father (until Gravity a couple of years ago). He just isn’t really into movies, especially science fiction. Anyway, I remember thinking the electrobinoculars were so cool since my dad had a pair of old army binoculars at home that I used to like using. Han’s electrobinoculars have always stayed in my mind since then.

Unfortunately, this Simrad LRF is without battery, which actually is probably just as well since it would likely have corroded (inside the LP7) by now.

That is one hell of a haul!!! A real Simrad?!? That's freaking sweet!!!

Thank you, russellsch. I am ecstatic to finally have found and been able to acquire these. In fact, what is equally amazing and sort of funny, but ultimately good news for everyone, is that this is the second one I found. The first, well, someone else can chime in, but I sense kit availability sometime in the future

Awesome buddy that has to put a SMILE :D on the dial congrats (y)(y)

Thanks, The Ninja. As you know, I was sweating the long journey to get these. Makes me wish I didn’t have so much other things going on right now to deal with, so I could enjoy these forever.

looking good andy!

Thank you, Halliwax.
By the way, I half attempted your V2 stencil tutorial, which is excellent. My V2 on the other hand... not so much. HAHA

...but yeah, I ruined the stencil. I overcomplicated the process thinking I was simplifying it for myself. ISASTER!

Those parts look very very familiar, nice haul Andy!

Thank you, HB1098S.
Which parts look familiar to you, man?

Simply, awesome mugatu!

Thanks, cdyoung.
It is impressive to behold, for sure. By the way, I got a peak at a freshly de-Federal Laboratories’d blaster earlier today. Can you say “Like New”?

So great to see these pieces in your hands!

How did you get the written number off the LP7 body? I was hesitant to use acetone or any other strong solvent...

OdiWan72, you are the man!
I hope the other one was in basically as good of shape as this one is. Regarding the numbering on the bottom, it is still there. I know it isn’t visible in my photo but the only thing I did was run one finger across it and it didn’t come off at all.

I don’t know that it will require being removed if it ends up getting converted, which by all means, I believe it should.

Yummy, Simrad!

Thank you, kurtyboy. It has only taken four years of searching every day! I was actually up late one night messaging Markus and I got a notification, in the middle of it. I thought I must have read it wrong or that it was really for a replica or sonething. I checked it out and slammed the BIN button. Only later when I was arranging payment with the seller did I finally remember to ask the most important question and luckily his answer was “Yes, actually. One more.” And that is this one.

With your hunting prowess and part knowledge, I know you have one of these already, right? I am trying to get an accurate number on how many real ones have been found and acquired. I know of four now, in community hands. I have seen three others sold on ebay but from a few years ago... don’t know if they made it into the community or not (they probably did). Do you, or anyone else know of any among collectors?

You’ve been busy my friend. Well done!

Thanks, Panaflex.
Actually, it all went down several months ago, so it has been something most done since November and has been torturous awaiting its arrival. It is hard to believe what good shape it is in though. If only it had a battery and charger.

No, I don't have one and to be honest I've never looked because I assumed they would be expensive.

Thanks, eethan

The Electrobinoculars that Han uses to try to see what impacted on Hoth has been one of my very favorite props since before I knew props were a thing. When I was a young boy, like 6 years old, it was the last movie I saw in the theaters with my father (until Gravity a couple of years ago). He just isn’t really into movies, especially science fiction. Anyway, I remember thinking the electrobinoculars were so cool since my dad had a pair of old army binoculars at home that I used to like using. Han’s electrobinoculars have always stayed in my mind since then.

Unfortunately, this Simrad LRF is without battery, which actually is probably just as well since it would likely have corroded (inside the LP7) by now.

Thank you, russellsch. I am ecstatic to finally have found and been able to acquire these. In fact, what is equally amazing and sort of funny, but ultimately good news for everyone, is that this is the second one I found. The first, well, someone else can chime in, but I sense kit availability sometime in the future

Thanks, The Ninja. As you know, I was sweating the long journey to get these. Makes me wish I didn’t have so much other things going on right now to deal with, so I could enjoy these forever.

Thank you, Halliwax.
By the way, I half attempted your V2 stencil tutorial, which is excellent. My V2 on the other hand... not so much. HAHA

...but yeah, I ruined the stencil. I overcomplicated the process thinking I was simplifying it for myself. ISASTER!

Thank you, HB1098S.
Which parts look familiar to you, man?

Thanks, cdyoung.
It is impressive to behold, for sure. By the way, I got a peak at a freshly de-Federal Laboratories’d blaster earlier today. Can you say “Like New”?

OdiWan72, you are the man!
I hope the other one was in basically as good of shape as this one is. Regarding the numbering on the bottom, it is still there. I know it isn’t visible in my photo but the only thing I did was run one finger across it and it didn’t come off at all.

I don’t know that it will require being removed if it ends up getting converted, which by all means, I believe it should.

Thank you, kurtyboy. It has only taken four years of searching every day! I was actually up late one night messaging Markus and I got a notification, in the middle of it. I thought I must have read it wrong or that it was really for a replica or sonething. I checked it out and slammed the BIN button. Only later when I was arranging payment with the seller did I finally remember to ask the most important question and luckily his answer was “Yes, actually. One more.” And that is this one.

With your hunting prowess and part knowledge, I know you have one of these already, right? I am trying to get an accurate number on how many real ones have been found and acquired. I know of four now, in community hands. I have seen three others sold on ebay but from a few years ago... don’t know if they made it into the community or not (they probably did). Do you, or anyone else know of any among collectors?

Roy if you want to set up a video chat we can, always willing to help

Safe travels my friend! Don’t get locked up in Alcatraz!!

NerfworXlab Soloshold V2 G2

Thanks for checking this thread out.

I know it all seems like not much progress has been going on in mugatu’s prop collecting/building world but things are not always what they seem...

About a year ago (I think) I acquired one of the most recent V2’s to have been born unto the scene: The SolosHold NerfworXlab V2. I know many of you were lucky enough to take advantage of the offering and pick one up.

After owning an Anakin Starkiller V2, and attempting to apply a Trooper_trent stencil to that, it was apparent my stencil weeding game is lacking. I destroyed the stencil, and as much as I like to think I am sort of a B grade handyman, that still makes me a handyman, and since years have passed and many handyman type of projects have been completed successfully (I changed a light switch in the kitchen AND changed the oil in my car TWICE!) I felt up to the challenge once again after this new V2 arrived.

I WAS WRONG. I killed yet another Trooper_trent stencil on this new V2.

So, after watching many prop finishing videos for The Ninja over the last year, I enlisted the capable hands and sensibilities of newmagrathea to finish this V2 for me.

He has been working on this diligently and is well into it, so I’m going to post his PropChopShop videos thus far:

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

*Once I figure out how to embed these videos properly, I will update this thread...

BIG THANKS:
newmagrathea
SolosHold
Trooper_trent

Last edited:
Okay, it has been a while since I posted and I have made some small headway on my live-fire E11:

3A8BE5D1-5F68-4642-942C-57F34A03F1EE.jpeg

As you can see, the attaching of the T-tracks has not been particularly easy. I am no master of bending T-track, plus I wanted the most secure way possible to attach them as they will have to survive being held with my off-hand while shooting as the recoil is surprisingly strong for such a heavy firearm.

My plan has been to wrap fine wire through the holes underneath the T-tracks and then epoxy the T-track to the areas of wire. I figure this will keep this Sterling rebuild from getting completely destroyed by my conversion to an E11.

EEA1A3F7-4252-4B23-8BC6-2BB62917B625.jpeg

BC58D74B-0757-4FAB-B4FA-05A5CFE59A4B.jpeg

CBEA56D0-85C3-4E26-89F2-80A51ADFD308.jpeg

Any alternative suggestions are welcome!

Here you can see the barrel retaining nut. This is not original to the Sterling, but was a newly devised replacement part installed by Wiselite Arms, the company that rebuilt the Sterling SMG from a parts kit into a functional but semi-automatic rifle.
The barrel retaining nut was not at all shaped like the front end of a real Sterling (or E11, for that matter), so I spent many hours with the retaining nut locked in my vise as I went at it with a large hand file. I was able to file it down to this somewhat more reasonable shape:

9AA9DC53-EC7F-4564-89B2-CDC1D6E6A462.jpeg

E8888D73-253E-403F-BB28-FD7D8661DAFF.jpeg

I still have some more shaping to go on it, but it seems much much better now.

My next question for you all is regarding the Hengstler. On the black plastic piece on the front, are the pins in the proper holes?

5C2C536B-CFF8-4C61-9649-4A189E7476F7.jpeg

Currently they are coming out of holes B and C but for some reason I keep thinking they should be coming out of holes A and C. The Telescope is a 1943 M38 if that helps.

Then I have the power cells which I got from Field Marshall. I got Kit A.

7E0E47BA-C5BC-4EA9-9C29-2887066CD9D9.jpeg

Where on the magwell should I mount this power cell kit?

C55158C6-1E6F-4E1C-A4F6-C097C378E351.jpeg

And finally, I am looking for opinions as to whether I should bead-blast and crinkle paint the thing (not including the T-tracks, obviously) or should I leave the real parts the way they are? That natural look has sort of grown on me.

...because I am lazy possibly.

5D115738-6025-42DA-B4B7-B52782A19FD2.jpeg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back