Mugatu’s Souvenirs, Novelties, Party Tricks: LIVE FIRE E11

T-Track:
While we all strive for accuracy, there have to be made compromises when trying to keep a prop functional...some more/ some less obvious with regards to the finale appearance. Plastic t-track is relatively inexpensive, so I´d simply get two sets of Roy´s "economy" track and get to work...you can always swap to a metal solution, if the plastic track fails.

Without having fired a Sterling myself, I don´t know anything about the physical stress, that the vented barrel jacket is exposed to (heat/ pressure etc.), but I can think of a way to have either the plastic and / or metal track secured to the receiver...will PM you a scetch of my idea.
This is what I am planning for my own live-fire E-11... keeping with the original t-track and attachment method. Unless you are mag dumping a full sterling magazine, I don't foresee enough barrel heat transferring to the shroud to melt the plastic. You could rapid-fire your 3-rounder and probably still be fine.

I would never consider modifying an authentic Bergmann. However, as Odiwan72 said, it would be nice to display the original inspiration next to a replica blaster.

Hey Andy...here are some comments to the various topics/ questions in your post

T-Track:
While we all strive for accuracy, there have to be made compromises when trying to keep a prop functional...some more/ some less obvious with regards to the finale appearance. Plastic t-track is relatively inexpensive, so I´d simply get two sets of Roy´s "economy" track and get to work...you can always swap to a metal solution, if the plastic track fails.

Without having fired a Sterling myself, I don´t know anything about the physical stress, that the vented barrel jacket is exposed to (heat/ pressure etc.), but I can think of a way to have either the plastic and / or metal track secured to the receiver...will PM you a scetch of my idea.

Finish:
The Sterling currently has a nice textured finish...leave it that way!

Bajonet plug/ muzzle:
While the hand filed muzzle tip is looking much better already, it still doesn´t satisfy my OCD ;)
You wrote about your landlord having a CNC mill...ask him to finish it. Give him some pics and dims of an actual Sterling´s muzzle and see what he can do...it´ll be worth it in the end and look better than any hand-filed part, despite your efforts.

Bowcaster:
Try to get in on the current run of BC conversion parts, done by JawaJawa827. Skip the "working" feature ;)

Mandalorian blaster:
While Din´s blaster design was based on the Bergmann, it was not built based on a real gun...at least that´s the consensus IIRC.
Anyway, I like the idea of having a real Bergmann besides of -f.e.- Field Mashall´s blaster :)

BR Gun:
YES...Finally you´re making progress! This is something I am really looking forward to...a life firing version (only done once before afaik). Having the dress-up parts machined is WAY better than using cast parts, which are prone to breaking under the stress of firing.

Markus, thank you for the advice. That is all very sound and I understand the points you make.

I will keep the original finish on the E11. If I don’t get my landlord to mill the barrel nut, I might try replacing my Wiselite Sterling’s front end with a Sterling proper’s front end. I’ll have to thin the muzzle end of the barrel to make it fit, so I’ll have to research how safe that would be.

RE: the Bergmann, I realize the Mando blaster is only based on several Bergmann models mashed together. I definitely wouldn’t make any permanent or damaging modifications to any Bergmanns. Even starting with the most accurate Bergmann, I’d have to devise a way to add certain other Bergmann model characteristics to it even before adding any Mandalorian-specific additions. A ton of planning would be required. I’d probably hire scottjua to do all that, if it ever got to that point.

RE: the bowcaster, I am not sure about going all in on all the parts required as I am trying to keep all my prop guns as live-fire and as you mentioned, pretty much the live-fire aspect would need to be dropped on this one. We shall see.

Very cool blaster man!!

Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

This is what I am planning for my own live-fire E-11... keeping with the original t-track and attachment method. Unless you are mag dumping a full sterling magazine, I don't foresee enough barrel heat transferring to the shroud to melt the plastic. You could rapid-fire your 3-rounder and probably still be fine.

I would never consider modifying an authentic Bergmann. However, as Odiwan72 said, it would be nice to display the original inspiration next to a replica blaster.

I think you are right about the heat generation. I am probably over-thinking the heat exchange here, especially with such limited burst lengths.

Very cool you are also making a live-fire E11. How are you progressing? Where in your process are you?

Very cool you are also making a live-fire E11. How are you progressing? Where in your process are you?

Ha, I have all the parts collected to go on a Wiselite pistol... just need to assemble everything! The Sterling had a dovetail silver soldered to the receiver; so I'm waiting for warmer weather to repaint that area beforehand. Btw, my Wiselite has a standard Sterling muzzle due to it being a pistol. As such, there is no stock or rear pins to mount a stock. I'll either weld/glue a "dress-up stock" into the closed position or use magnets (so it would never be able to unfold or be used against a shoulder).

Ha, I have all the parts collected to go on a Wiselite pistol... just need to assemble everything! The Sterling had a dovetail silver soldered to the receiver; so I'm waiting for warmer weather to repaint that area beforehand. Btw, my Wiselite has a standard Sterling muzzle due to it being a pistol. As such, there is no stock or rear pins to mount a stock. I'll either weld/glue a "dress-up stock" into the closed position or use magnets (so it would never be able to unfold or be used against a shoulder).

That sounds great about the muzzle end. Where did you pick up a pistol version???

Are you posting a build thread?

One turned up on the local gun trader. The pistol versions are hard to find, especially in the correct length, but they are out there. I've missed out on a couple before. I'll try to snap some pics this weekend. (And start a new thread?)

One turned up on the local gun trader. The pistol versions are hard to find, especially in the correct length, but they are out there. I've missed out on a couple before. I'll try to snap some pics this weekend. (And start a new thread?)

Fascinating. I was completely oblivious that this type was available. I’m eager to see your photos...
and DEFINITELY start a thread, man. It will most likely help me with some of the same issues on these Sterlings.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back