mr wink sculpt

butthead

Ok this had been in the works for a while, I work on it when I can. First off this is one of the first facial sculpts I have done. I'm using monster clay and I have a few Arizona about some different techniques, first off I only have 20lbs of clay so I made a rough sculpt of the head and body and made patterns and transfered to foam and started slinging clay this is what I have now I'm happy with it I'm just curious on how to make finer and larger wrinkles amy suggestions 20141001_203124.jpgScreenshot_2014-11-05-20-35-44.png20141117_195717.jpg20141123_201804.jpg20141221_225328.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I think they got uploaded out of order but you get the picture

You're off to a great start.:thumbsup Hellboy characters are some of my favourites.
For finer wrinkles I'll use a sharpened pencil (or something similar) and then mute the edges, left by the tool, with a small paint brush.
For larger wrinkles, put a piece of plastic wrap on the area to be detailed and tool on top of the plastic wrap. The plastic wrap helps
to 'soften' the marks left be the tool. A dull pencil can be used to dab detail into a large wrinkle. Also, keep on the lookout for things that
can be used as texture stamps, like different types of sponges. Even an orange peel can be used as a 'skin' texture stamp.
I wouldn't worry about making details too fine, by the time it's moulded, cast and painted some of those details might be lost anyway.
I also use a small paint brush dipped in water to smooth out any harsh tool marks.

Forgot to mention a little tool I made for lip wrinkles.
A frayed end from a bicycle cable. Flattened and fanned out makes some fine details.

Awesome jsher1010 thank you for the tips I'm setting up to do some more work here in a bit hopefully I can post some pics

This is cool! The Mr. Wink character's design really inspired my Ganon costume.
It is great too see someone take a shot at sculpting him.
I have a lot of reference pictures of him. So if you need some just let me know.

Loop tools are the way to go on masks like this.
Also rubber nibs for smaller details.

Last edited:
Ok sorry for the lack of updates. Anyways i got him molded and cast in latex and foam filed i have a little patch work to do on the mask but he's coming along pretty good i also purchased a elephant eye from a taxidermy shop and out looks awesome

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back