MR Vader Helmet Update

MRCUSTOMERCARE

Hello Everyone,

This email will start going out to everyone who bought a Vader Helmet within the hour. I just thought I would give you all a heads up.

Subject: Vader Helmet Update: 2/24/06

Dear Master Replicas Customer:

Three weeks ago today, we informed you of the decision to place the shipment of all Darth Vader Episode III Helmet editions , including Limited, Signature and Dual Signature, on hold while we inspected the product and determined the best solution to prevent damages during shipment.

We would like to share with you our findings and our plan moving forward.

Our expectation was to have adequate inventory of quality helmets for replacements after our inspection. As part of the inspection process, we also added a number of additional quality assurance measures to ensure that you, our customer, would be satisfied with this product for many years to come and be proud to display it as the centerpiece of your collection

Unfortunately, we found two issues in performing the inspection. First, more than the expected number was damaged in the shipping process. Second, most of the helmets have the potential for future damage due to the design of the magnetic stabilizing system.

We feel that with the combination of these issues, the helmets fall below the standard of quality that Masters Replicas requires and our consumers deserve. We have made the decision to return the entire production back to the manufacturer and make the necessary improvements. Unfortunately, this will further delay the availability of the Darth Vader Helmets. We have explored various alternatives that may have allowed us to return the product to market faster, but we have chosen this more conservative course of action as it will ensure the highest level of quality and customer satisfaction.

As of today, three shipments are in transit from the US back to the manufacturer. Once the shipments arrive, we will jointly develop a timeline with our manufacturer. We will share information with you through regular “Darth Vader Update Emails”.

We are offering a replacement program that is completely voluntary. If you are not satisfied with your helmet for any reason, Master Replicas will be delighted to provide you with a replacement or a full refund. Should you choose to replace your helmet please contact us by March 10th to ensure that we have enough replacement inventory.

If you did not purchase your helmet from Master Replicas or an Authorized Retailer, we will still REPLACE your damaged helmet. We apologize that we are not able to refund your money.

If you would like a replacement for your helmet regardless of where you purchased your helmet from:

1. Please email darthvader@masterreplicas.com no later than Friday, March 10, 2006 to request a Replacement Authorization number. We will also provide you with complete instructions and a pre-paid return shipping label to return your helmet. Please note that we will require all of the original packaging with all of the original packing materials.

If you would like to return your helmet for a refund:
1. If you purchased your helmet directly from Master Replicas please email darthvader@masterreplicas.com no later than March 10, 2006 to request a Refund Authorization number. We will provide you with complete instructions and a pre-paid return shipping label to return your helmet. Please note that we will require all of the original packaging with all of the original packing materials. Upon receipt of your helmet, we will credit your account for the total amount charged, including shipping. This will take approximately 7-10 business days after receipt of the defective helmet.
2. If you purchased your Darth Vader Helmet from one of our Authorized Retailers, please contact them directly.

If you originally wanted a replacement and now would prefer a refund due to the anticipated delay, please contact us at darthvader@masterreplicas.com

Once again we apologize for this inconvenience. Master Replicas will do everything in our power to remedy the situation to your satisfaction. We will be updating you on the status of the resolution no later than March 23, 2006.

Thank You.

The Master Replicas Team

This really sucks. Now the magnetic attachment system is messed up?.? I heard of a few isolated problems with the dome connection but now its going back to production to retify it? Damn. I waited so long for this helmet and yet another delay. :cry

Current DV owners: Please chime in if your magnetic dome attachment is not functioning correctly.

Originally posted by gts072@Feb 24 2006, 08:31 PM
This really sucks. Now the magnetic attachment system is messed up?.? I heard of a few isolated problems with the dome connection but now its going back to production to retify it? Damn. I waited so long for this helmet and yet another delay.  :cry

Current DV owners: Please chime in if your magnetic dome attachment is not functioning correctly.
[snapback]1192786[/snapback]​

it almost sounds like that the magnets might be causing the helmet to bounce around in shipping???

ill take a defective one off of your hands.

i just invision a pile of these things being destroyed :cry

I'm sure a LOT of us here would be willing to buy a "dameged" helmet at a reduced price, if MR was willing to sell them as such.

Hello Everyone.

While we would love to be able to sell the defectives we can't because then there would be more out there than the limited edition amount states.

Originally posted by blewis17@Feb 25 2006, 12:43 AM
I'm sure a LOT of us here would be willing to buy a "dameged" helmet at a reduced price, if MR was willing to sell them as such.
[snapback]1192797[/snapback]​

Originally posted by MRCUSTOMERCARE+Feb 24 2006, 08:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MRCUSTOMERCARE @ Feb 24 2006, 08:45 PM)</div>
Hello Everyone.

While we would love to be able to sell the defectives we can't because then there would be more out there than the limited edition amount states.

<!--QuoteBegin-blewis17
@Feb 25 2006, 12:43 AM
[snapback]1192800[/snapback]​
[/b]

just 1 :unsure :cry

Originally posted by MRCUSTOMERCARE+Feb 24 2006, 08:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MRCUSTOMERCARE @ Feb 24 2006, 08:45 PM)</div>
Hello Everyone.

<!--QuoteBegin-blewis17
@Feb 25 2006, 12:43 AM
[snapback]1192800[/snapback]​
[/b]

Just call it the "Slightly Less Than Elite" Edition. :p

Just ribbin' you guys. Keep on keepin' on.

Bruce

Amy,

Wow, what a headache for you guys (and gals) at MR. This really turned into a nightmare.

Since you didn't specify what the dome fastening problems are, I'll chime in with my experience (as asked by another board member) of what happened to mine ...

Last week we were re-arranging the prop room and I had to move the helmet, so I decided to put it back in it's box for safety sake. Went to pull the dome off and I heard something "Crunch" ...

As it turns out, it appears that the "glue" or "epoxy" that was used to hold in an "insert" that was fitted into the dome was too weak to hold it in the dome, or the magnet was too strong and decided not to let go of the "insert" :lol

I tried to epoxy it back in with 2 part 5 min epoxy. Let it dry for days. Went to fit the dome back onto the facemask, and remove it again to see if it would remain in the dome, and it did. It's been fine every since. Cheap easy fix.

Is this what you found?

I do have two questions for Master Replicas

I have already e-mailed darthvader@masterreplicas.com by the old deadline (Today) to request a return authorization, and have not received a response yet? Actually I sent two. Typically, how long does it take to get a response?

The stock of replacement helmets you spoke of ... are they helmets that have already been "corrected"(scuff, bag, dome attachement, ect...) that are currently available for shipment? Or will these replacement helmets be the first batch of the corrected helmets that will come back from the manufacturer later ?

Thanks for any info ...

FP

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Well, that sucks....but thanks to Amy for the forthright explanation. I guess we're still a couple of months off from getting them.

Funny thing is that I went to my local Comic/cool stuff shop this week and they had 3 MR Vader lids that were being sent back. I wanted to check one of them out just to see what I would expect....sure enough, the dome was badly scuffed, not just a few superficial scratches.

Plus, the foam ring that encircles the magnet socket on the underside of the dome just fell off as I lifted the dome from the styrofoam packing. I assume this problem would cause your "crunch" FP.....f-glass against f-glass.

Gazing into my crystal ball, I'm guessing it will be summer before we get these....so much for getting this lid in time for my birthday in March.... :unsure

Funny, I was just looking for a thread to ask "Are these shipping again?". Got my answer. I think I'll start thinking about getting one again in oh.... September....?

MR should just re-release the damaged ones as "battle damaged" helmets, as a seperate edition.

Besides, they seem to re-release every other product these days (Luke ANH saber, AT-AT, Han blaster, etc)

;)

Just saw this on the StarWarsShip.com site. Looks like the release of the MR Vader helmet is in August 2006. AUGUST GODDAMNIT... :angry

Originally posted by gts072@Mar 1 2006, 02:30 PM
Just saw this on the StarWarsShip.com site. Looks like the release of the MR Vader helmet is in August 2006. AUGUST GODDAMNIT...  :angry
[snapback]1196554[/snapback]​

August. :confused ....Wow, I'm seriously considering throwing in the towel on this one and asking for a refund.....

I think MR "MUST" say anything on the other helmets... OPS, Shock, White one... ??? What happened to them ??? When we will get our damned helmets ???

This will take more than 1 year, since we paid it ??? (heheh, This will be even longer than ordering from JB ) :p

Would be nice to hear "dates", and less excuses...

EDIT: spelling

gee lets just cry some more...

it's the real world things this large do take time to fix correctly. If you don't like it don't by it and stop all this whinning its getting old.

I actually had a dream about this helmet last night. In the dream a store was selling it for $197 because the dome was demolished in shipping. They wouldn't even show anyone the dome. Funny....

Anyway, seeing this just makes me glad I canceled and now I have my JB and VM01 to enjoy. I still hope to get one down the line, because it is a beautiful helmet. It's really a bummer because I was looking forward to it for so long. By the time they're actually available, I probably won't have much of a problem spending the dough on it.

Originally posted by Megatron@Mar 1 2006, 05:08 PM
gee lets just cry some more...

it's the real world things this large do take time to fix correctly. If you don't like it don't by it and stop all this whinning its getting old.
[snapback]1196668[/snapback]​

And your attitude is getting old as well Mega... If you don't like what's being said then MOVE ON. You're not required to post in this thread. Honestly, the only posts I've seen from you as of late are ones complaining about other board member's comments....

Why do people have to keep posting about how "mad" they are about the wait..I have to wait others have to wait but are not crying about it. It's not helping info and it is getting OLD. The posting in the thread should be information on when, what and where on the Helmets. Some are posting as if its just a free post to grip.
go make a "I mad about waitting" thread and let keep this thread clear for status of the helmets.

:rolleyes

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back