MR TREK Line

michael

OK. Their blog states they are planning a TOS Classic Enterprise prop model, studio scale. 2 versions, pilot and series. But it's now going on end of March 2006 and still no official word on their site.
Does this mean, essentially a formal announcement won't even occur till Trek's 40th anniv, on Sept.8th?
Don't they need more production time to crank these out "while" it's "still" the 40th and not "after"? I get MR's product newsletters almost weekly, sometimes more.
It's always Narnia, Disney, Pirates, SW....SW...MORE SW....Oh..and MORE SW......butt loads of SW's.
Am I being too pushy to expect a word or two on Star Trek?
Frankly, MR promotes/sells SW more than Lucas Films.

Does anyone know if they've completed design specs, material specs, mold sculpting, sent anything to China factories to begin production?
Are they doing tests on the lighting components, stress tests?
Anything?

With all the trouble they have had with the Trek line, I am surprised they are doing any thing at all with it.

The sad truth is.........Trek is dead. And I HATE to say that b/c I am a HUGE Trek prop collector. However, the sales have been horrible on Trek goods, with the exception of the TOS Phaser. They had a very bad time selling everything except the phaser, and I believe that took a while to sell out.

I have all of the Trek pieces they put out and they are all VERY nice. It is sad to see that line not do well. :(

Jhusel

Originally posted by jhusel@Mar 28 2006, 10:34 PM
The sad truth is.........Trek is dead.

Hopefully it is just a lull Bro and it will be back better than ever in a few years.

I hope so, I am ready for a BIG comeback. I hear they are waiting for Berman's contract to run out before they try again.

Jhusel

Originally posted by jhusel@Mar 28 2006, 10:48 PM
I hope so, I am ready for a BIG comeback.  I hear they are waiting for Berman's contract to run out before they try again. 

Jhusel
[snapback]1215281[/snapback]​

Berman........Boooooooo.

Paul

I´m not a Trekkie or Trekker per se, I don´t even like that much Star Trek, but I assure you guys, I´m SO ready to like it when this Berman guy is tossed out like a spat full of phlegm handkerchief that he surely is to the Trek Franchise.

That being said, I´ll resume my Trek-bashing.

:D

Originally posted by cayman shen@Mar 29 2006, 07:03 AM
OK, I'll bite....who's Berman? (I'm just a casual fan, so pardon my ignorance.)
[snapback]1215420[/snapback]​

The Man who ran a Franchise into the ground.

Are they contractually obligated to give it to Berman, if they try to make more Star Trek? :confused

A moot point anyway, since officially as of this moment, we are at wa- er, I mean, Trek is dead, no series are in production, and the "early days of Starfleet" movie that was in the works, is permanently on ice. Or so I hear.

On the internets.

- k

To be honest I would be surprised to see any Trek product this year from MR regardless of what been slated to be made, look how long it took to get the last Trek item to market after orders were taken.

Comic-Con is around the corner and if there is nothing to show at that time from MR I would say product for this year would be a dead issue. :(

Jim

I've seen the MR Enterprise, and it's beautiful. I don't think the Trek line is dead, they're just working hard on it behind the scenes.

Barry

I've heard the 'waiting for Berman contract to expire" a few times. There's still about a year and a half for it to run out, but if any Trek gets produced between now and then Berman gets some kind of extension.

Originally posted by Barry@Mar 29 2006, 03:53 PM
I've seen the MR Enterprise, and it's beautiful. I don't think the Trek line is dead, they're just working hard on it behind the scenes.

Barry
[snapback]1215612[/snapback]​
Thanks for the input Barry. Always nice to hear something from behind the scenes.

Jim

Originally posted by Barry@Mar 29 2006, 02:53 PM

Barry
[snapback]1215612[/snapback]​

Agreed.

Trek has had it's lulls in interest but it still seems to have legs and money for the studios for the last 40 years. I'm guessing the MR Assault Phasers are under production too, but any little glitch could destroy a delivery schedule and cheese off the customers if they promise too soon.

I just hope that MR will take a shot at doing the TOS Phasers again in 2007, since it didn't make it to this years product line. A signature Sulu or Checkov with the light on the P2 hand phaser like in "the Making of Star Trek" book would be cool.

You know...
I've been hearing Trek is dead many times over the years...
But it never comes to pass...

So they're not making any more episodes...
must I remind you that it all started with only 3 seasons way back when?
Look at the multitude of stories we have now.

It's the 70's again if you will...
Time for a new generation of fans to discover the re runs and get addicted,
like their parents did.
New costumes conventions and props.

My son is just now getting into Star Trek himself...
finally and at exactly the same age I did. :)

Oh, It'll be back.

Star Trek is , after all...
"The Show That Wouldn't Die."

I think Sporak's right about Trek not being dead. I'm not old enough to remember having to wait 10 years with only the animated series to tide us over between TOS and the first Trek film, but I DO remember having to *gasp* wait at least a couple years between each of the movies.

This is the first time in nineteen years there hasn't been new Trek every week, but that fact doesn't mean we've seen the last of it.

As for MR's new releases, it's only been a couple of months since they announced their Trek line for 2006, and at that time they didn't even have prototypes yet. I'm sure they learned from the Tricorder NOT to release too much info too fast or take orders for something too soon.

I suspect it probably WILL be closer to the 40th anniversary date before we hear much more about it. It would make sense for MR to wait until then so they can take advantage of whatever promotion CBS will be doing for Trek so they can ride their coat tails AND snag orders from the more casual fans at what will be a surge in mainstream popularity.

Besides, I need more time to save up for the 3' Enterprise anyway... :p

Originally posted by Sporak@Mar 29 2006, 06:49 PM
Star Trek is , after all...
"The Show That Wouldn't Die."
[snapback]1215761[/snapback]​

Yep. I remember the 70's and those were great years.

Nothing like spending a week-end with 10 to 20 thousand Fans who had the same love that you did and, "gasp.", really finding out that you were not alone.

I think maybe around the 45th Anniversary would be THE Prime time to launch a new Series to boldly take us where we have not been before. :p

I envy you Sporak, I know you and your Son will have a wonderful Journey ahead of you and I can only imagine how much fun you will have sharing it together.

Back in the 70's when I was working in the Huckster Room selling Uniforms there was a 5 year old boy who was brought to the Cons by his Grandmother in a shirt she made for him, his rank was Admiral and we enjoyed having him hang with us playing with the Nelson Phasers that we also sold. He came to maybe 3 Cons and we dubbed him The little Admiral.

Flash-foward to a Dealer room in 1997 when a Man in his late 20's came up to me all wide-eyed with HIS son and could'nt believe we were still in the trenches selling Uniforms.

"I don't know if you will remember me but my Grandmother used to bring me to.."

" OH MY GOD YOU'RE THE LITTLE ADMIRAL..." I screamed :lol

The show is truely multi-generational as he was sharing his love of the show now with his son.

STAR TREK LIVES.

I'm tired of hearing the "Treks Dead" argument, instead I will vote with my wallet.
I plan on buying both the Assault Phaser and TOS E. :love

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back