MR Trek Assault Phaser at 2006 Toy Fair?

redshirt

Sr Member
I've been looking on the Sir Steve's Guide, which has excellent photo coverage of the 2006 Toy Fair, to see if the Master replicas forthcoming Trek Assault Phaser was revealed yet. If anyone has any idea of photos of this, please post a link in this thread please.

Tom

As far as I can tell from looking all over the net MR did not even show a picture of anything Star Trek at Toyfair.

Jim

Art Asylum/Diamond Select on the other hand, was showing off its latest repaint of the TOS phaser... this time with an inexplicable GOLD handle. :confused

100_6637.jpg

A friend of mine suggested that they must have ex-Franklin Mint people designing their stuff nowadays. :lol

Um...er' um.... :eek

It's things like this that just scream, "We don't know much about the market."

I mean, why bother?. Ugh...

Reminds me of those adverts where they ignite the wrong end of the saber or give someone a new blade color just to spice things up. :lol

On the other hand, if you're into the action figures, there will be an AA Kirk in command chair.

100_6635.jpg

And even Pike in his own command chair. :)

100_6636.jpg

Supposedly there's also an SDCC exclusive "Where No Man" Kirk in THAT version of the command chair.

- k

Those figures are hanging on for dear life aren't they?.
Look at that death-grip on the chair. :lol

Originally posted by Rylo@Feb 15 2006, 11:10 PM
Um...er' um.... :eek

It's things like this that just scream, "We don't know much about the market."

I mean, why bother?. Ugh...
[snapback]1185719[/snapback]​

You hit the mail on the head Rylo. How can they sell those phasers...that they seem to know nothing about? It's in the details, details they're missing. Let's hope the forthcoming Enterprise 1701 is not some of the same half effort model. On the other hand, I have enjoyed the figures and thought they did a great job on those. The faces are very well done.

Actuallly the AA ship that's about to release is the "Enterprise E."

AA/Diamond news release says they're gonna have an "Classic" 1701 this year as well. :)

- k

This is just a thought on the "gold" handle but maybe they got wind of the accurate paint scheme, but only heard the "bronze" in "dark bronze metallic", and that's why it's so absurdly gold. Still way off and ugle though.

-John

Originally posted by phase pistol@Feb 16 2006, 05:13 AM
Actuallly the AA ship that's about to release is the "Enterprise E."

AA/Diamond news release says they're gonna have an "Classic" 1701 this year as well. :)

- k
[snapback]1185781[/snapback]​

Did AA ever release their refit 1701 toy? They advertised that sucker from the start of picking up the license, but I never saw it get released. I ultimately got the Bandai 1/850th scale model with lights instead (glad I did, because it rocks :)), but a friend was holding out for the toy- and it's been like... 2 years? Maybe more.

The AA Enterprise refit was pretty cool. I think they hit stores around the tail end of 2004, and New Force Comics later did a battle damaged Trek III version. They still show up on eBay pretty frequently.

Originally posted by WinstonWolf359@Feb 16 2006, 11:25 PM
The AA Enterprise refit was pretty cool.  I think they hit stores around the tail end of 2004, and New Force Comics later did a battle damaged Trek III version.  They still show up on eBay pretty frequently.
[snapback]1186412[/snapback]​

Interesting. I always saw it available as "pre-order", but never saw it as "in-stock" at any etailer before it just disappeared, and it never showed up in retail that I noticed (unlike the bazillion Enterprise NXs :rolleyes ).

Oh well, after doing some digging and finding some pics of it, I like my bandai model faaaar more. The AA has none of the aztec color pattern, and the deflector dish looks horrible.

I saw the boxed AA Enterprise E in the comic store today... looks great. Comes complete in the box, no assembly required. Got mine on preorder from New Force Comics. :)

I thought the previous releases were pretty good too. Sure the Bandais might be a bit better, but they also cost twice as much.

-k

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back