MR TOS Enterprise pics.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :D

Guess I better start saving up after all.

The final isn't going to have visible screw holes tho, is it? :confused

And technically it could be called "studio scale" if it's around three feet long, since there was in fact a three foot miniature of the Enterprise that was used on occasion. The proportions were slightly different on that one.

Enterpririse_3_ft_model2_RF.jpg

Enterprise_3_ft_model_RFM.jpg

1701-cage-scan493_01.jpg

- k

Very Nice. I'm definitely in for one of these. I just hope the nacelle lighting isn't that orange and red. Actually it was always a nice mix of xmas lights on the show...reds, yellows, white, with a little blue tossed in. If they pick the LEDs right, it can be picture perfect with that motorized fan blade. Motorized fan blade...can't believe they are doing that....I'm so there when this thing goes up for sale..

Wow, thanks, Barry. Really cool to see product R&D in progress.

I know this is early and things change, so this is not a judgement, but...I don't think red/blue running lights belong on top of the nacelle domes. The ones on the saucer look a little big, too, but those might just be temporary "close enough size" LEDs for the mockup.

Really nice to see thought being put into the support structure, though. Goodbye, Unobtanium sagging.

This is the First Engineering Prototype (FEP), many things have already been addressed.

The MR TOS Enterpise is going to be injection molded in a strong ABS material similar to the AT-AT legs. It's a big mold, but the folks on this project were determined that the sagging that plagued previous versions of this famous starship would NOT be an issue this time.

All the screws will be invisible on the finished pieces.

The aim with this piece is to provide collectors with the definitive small version TOS Enterrpise.

Fingers crossed.

Barry

Yep. Lights in the dome above the shuttle bay, the red/yellow/green lights below the shuttle doors, strobes on the sides near the back - the full monty..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadwell @ Apr 19 2006, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1229290[/snapback]</div>
Wow, thanks, Barry. Really cool to see product R&D in progress.

I know this is early and things change, so this is not a judgement, but...I don't think red/blue running lights belong on top of the nacelle domes. The ones on the saucer look a little big, too, but those might just be temporary "close enough size" LEDs for the mockup.

Really nice to see thought being put into the support structure, though. Goodbye, Unobtanium sagging.
[/b]

they appear to be going by Sinclear"s {sp} blue prints.

note that they added the small lights on the sides of the bridge area shown in red on the MR model.
those are on his print along with three beside and over the shuttle bay. all are shown clearly on the Kirk pic.

the saucer lights do look large but the naccelle lights are way to big.
the naccelle lights are shown on the film model being held by kirk.

NOTE these could be attachment points for support wires since some are shown on the saucer.
they maybe have been mistook for lights but they are the same size and as the other small lights i mentioned.

john :cool

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Barry @ Apr 19 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]1229253[/snapback]</div>

A 7th jpg has been added...sooooo......................
http://masterreplicas.com/pub/enterprisedevelopment7.jpg
Check it out...................... :)

Hm, check out the "formation lights" or whatever they are on top of the warp engines on the MR...

enterprisedevelopment7.jpg

Were they really supposed to be lights? I've never seen them lit... BUT if they were lights, they're darn tiny.

3footer_kirk_top.jpg

If they existed on the 11-foot miniature, you'd see them in this angle... (screengrab from "The Deadly Years")

DY_11ftr_top.jpg

Oh hey, look, there they are. :lol

Well it's just... a screw or something... certainly not a light, huh... :p

- k

They are intended to be lights. In the 11 footer, they were (acrylic?) light pipes from the nacelle light area and I guess didn't transmit light well at all - but the intention was for them to light up.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back