MR The Sauron One Ring, Reviews?

Gojira61

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is one of the few MR items that I have never seen in person and I was thinking about picking one up before the sale ends.

Can anyone chime in with any thoughts on this piece?

Thanks,
Jim

I picked this up last Christmas...and LOVE IT... It is fantasticly done with the One Rings' effect lighting up. It really looks "wreathed in fire" like the movie does and the mountainous ashey base that it sets on is super detailed.

I'd highly recommend it :thumbsup

Steve

It is definitely something that you have to seen in person to really appreciate, no pictures that I have seen do it justice.

As a humorous aside... I was in a shop that had one on display but they didn't have the batteries in it. I asked the clerk if he could put some batteries in it so that I could see how it functioned. He put the batteries in and when he saw it function (the ring inscription lighting up and how it is triggered by the motion sensor), he was floored and couldn't believe that he had not thought to put the batteries in it for display purposes. His comment was: "If I knew that's what it did and how it looked, I could have sold a lot more of these than I did." :lol

I have it and it's fantastic. The look of the piece, the weight (quite heavy.), the fire-glow of the ring, the fact it has a light sensor...and the price is more than right. Definitely a must have for a LOTR fan.

The light up effect is absolutely cool to see. With the sensor on, people get a real surprise that floors them every time they see it.
If you are a LoTR fan, you need to add this to your collection.

I have one too, and I have to agree with all of the good reviews. It's an awesome work of art. The ring really looks like a giant gold Jens Hansen and then when the fiery letters fade in and pulse, casting light on the polystone rocks; it's badass.

That story about the shop not knowing what it does makes me think of how MR has also under promoted the coolness of this thing. They don't even have a picture of it lit up on their site last I checked. Seems like that's why they haven't sold out of a great limited edition that's been out for quite a while.

Incidentally, I was psyched to realize that my One Ring is #739

7 rings for the dwarf lords
3 rings for the elves
9 rings for mortal men doomed to die

And of course 1 to rule them all :)

See your already getting it, but just had to add my praise also. I think it was really an under valued piece by many people. Only 2500, and its still easy to get.
Here are two shots of mine.

sauron1.jpg

sauron2.jpg

Yes, it´s really one of the coolest pieces I do own. It´s really a shame that it didn´t got the respect it should have. I think MR really under promoted it (it would have sold out quite fast and we would have seen mor great MR LotR things). I was thinking about getting a second one some days ago :)

Domenik

The flickering of the light is a super effect on the ring as well.
The swords did not really sell and they were an incredible replica, the whole license seemed to fizzle but MR did a fantastic job with it.

As nice as it is, unless the price comes down to anywhere near the price I paid on the Sting replica when it was available at Toys R Us, I doubt I'll get it.

Originally posted by Kerr Avon@Dec 11 2005, 04:59 PM
As nice as it is, unless the price comes down to anywhere near the price I paid on the Sting replica when it was available at Toys R Us, I doubt I'll get it.
[snapback]1133857[/snapback]​

I'm with you, unfortunately...

I have a pretty fair sized collection of United Cutlery blades displayed in my basement, and the MR One Ring is the main piece that people latch on to. The effect is so perfectly done... it makes me sad that MR didn't do more with their LOTR license.

Having a Phial that lit up when you picked it up would've been SO COOL.

Needless to say, its one of my favorite pieces. I believe there are a few pics of it on display in my Armory [EDIT] nope, turns out I took my pics before I put it out on display. Rats.[/EDIT]

this piece is very nice however,

1-the ring is stuck on the finger
2-there just isnt 200- worth of item here
(id question if i would pay force fx saber prices for this)

Thats where i think mr blew it on the license, i think.
Now if they made a CE version of this...

Originally posted by Dante8@Dec 12 2005, 02:23 AM
I have a pretty fair sized collection of United Cutlery blades displayed in my basement, and the MR One Ring is the main piece that people latch on to.  The effect is so perfectly done... it makes me sad that MR didn't do more with their LOTR license.

Having a Phial that lit up when you picked it up would've been SO COOL.

Needless to say, its one of my favorite pieces.  I believe there are a few pics of it on display in my Armory [EDIT] nope, turns out I took my pics before I put it out on display.  Rats.[/EDIT]
[snapback]1133993[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back