MR Star Wars Helmets ON HOLD

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have just been told by my MR dealer that all Star Wars Helmets that have not already been shipped are being put on hold to check for problems.

Here is the list of helmets:

SW-144 Clone Trooper Helmet
SW-145 Shock Troop Helmet
SW-146 Special Ops Helmet
SW-138 Darth Vader Limited Edition Helmet
SW-138S Darth Vader Signature Edition Helmet
SW-138DS Darth Vader Dual Signature Edition Helmet

Originally posted by DL 44 Blaster@Jan 30 2006, 08:04 PM
I'll guess that these issues may push the Stormtrooper helmet further back as well :(
[snapback]1172111[/snapback]​

i honestly doubt we'll see the TK or boba buckets before next year. :(

that is good news..
that means they must of heard us.

as for the Stormy and Boba just more time to save the moneys

They should give you an option to just buy an unpainted helmet for people to finish themselves. Saves time, money, and quality control problems.

Originally posted by Sluis Van Shipyards@Jan 30 2006, 10:24 PM
They should give you an option to just buy an unpainted helmet for people to finish themselves. Saves time, money, and quality control problems.
[snapback]1172237[/snapback]​

Exactly. I recall saying just that to MR back at CIII... that they should sell their helmets as unfinished, unpainted kits as well. They didn't seem to keen on the idea and I'm sure LFL would totally poo poo it altogether. It's a shame, though, because that would be the best way to go for many people. It would allow people to truly customize their helmets and paint/weather them as they see fit. And for a much better price point.

Oh well. :unsure

Originally posted by JediCarl+Jan 30 2006, 09:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JediCarl @ Jan 30 2006, 09:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Sluis Van Shipyards
@Jan 30 2006, 10:24 PM
[snapback]1172237[/snapback]​

Exactly. I recall saying just that to MR back at CIII... that they should sell their helmets as unfinished, unpainted kits as well. They didn't seem to keen on the idea and I'm sure LFL would totally poo poo it altogether. It's a shame, though, because that would be the best way to go for many people. It would allow people to truly customize their helmets and paint/weather them as they see fit. And for a much better price point.

Oh well. :unsure
[snapback]1172254[/snapback]​
[/b]

you have to remember only a small percet would want that. A lot of people just want the finish helmet and not have to worry about adding anything to it.

The same thing happened with the Rocketeer hemlets either over or just about a month ago, and there is still no news on those is there?

I'd say it's a conscientious and courageous response for any company, since MR is obviously as disturbed by the QC issues are we are. Other companies would have simply said "sorry, that's the best our manufacturer can do, so if you don't like it, just return it," and offset their losses from returns by saturating the market with other mediocre produtcs. :unsure

In fact, there is a company like that:

The Franklin Mint. :eek:

- Gabe

Originally posted by Darth Maul@Jan 30 2006, 09:41 PM
The same thing happened with the Rocketeer hemlets either over or just about a month ago, and there is still no news on those is there?
[snapback]1172326[/snapback]​

My feelings exactly.... Just what is going on with that situation now and will we be looking at the same situation a few months from now on these helmets? I'm glad I dropped my order.

Maybe all these problems lately are what happens when a company becomes a "corporate entity", with talk of "Hong Kong offices" and such. If they can have Hong Kong offices and warehouses, why not in the U.K. so that our fellow collector's there (and there's plenty of 'em) don't have to pay such enormous shipping fees? The big problem is that they're not making $5, $10, or even $50 dollar action figures, etc. but items people are paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars for. I hate to feel I'm now on the bash MR bandwagon, but jeez.... Ok, now you can tell me how naive I am.

Originally posted by PnatheraGem@Jan 31 2006, 01:40 AM
Maybe all these problems lately are what happens when a company becomes a "corporate entity", with talk of "Hong Kong offices" and such. If they can have Hong Kong offices and warehouses, why not in the U.K. so that our fellow collector's there (and there's plenty of 'em) don't have to pay such enormous shipping fees?
Dude - they have a Hong Kong office and warehouse because that's from where they ship the replicas made in their mainland China factory. Could it be any more obvious? :confused

- Gabe

So after the long wait it's time to wait again,what a sham,paid for mine in August last year from Big kids collectables and this week received an e-mail stating it should go out any time now,Have not been able to get hold of them since but looking at this topic i would say there will be further delays,(anyone here received a vader helmet from this company yet?). :angry

I think this was exactly the right decision to take.

I am sure there were "heated discussion" within the company when the full extent of the problems became known so I'm glad they've taken responsibility of the problems and said they will put things right.

It's bound to push the other helmets back (Stormtrooper, Boba, RotJ Vader Reveal?) but at least when they do arrive they will be better for this delay. I'm sure they'll look back and see it all as a learning experience.

Cheers

Jez

Originally posted by BingoBongo275@Jan 31 2006, 07:04 AM
I think this was exactly the right decision to take.
I'm sure they'll look back and see it all as a learning experience.

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me one single bit if they dropped the helmet lines altogether because of this fiasco.

Lynn

This is the quality you expect when you pay a laborer $.50 per hour. How much time will they really spend making your helmet perfect?

I agree MR is taking the right measure here......but I can't see how the outcome will change unless they find the right company to do the work. And yes that will cost us, the consumer more $$.

You can't have high quality and low cost...........it just doesn't work that way in the real world.

I have no doubts we can all expect better products....but you had also better expect a bigger price tag.

Dave

It was the appropriate move for MR. As Gabe mentioned, many companies would just turn their backs on the customer base "Too bad, so sad".
I can wait, and will, for my orders.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back