Mr. Scarface Ventriloquist Doll Build

Flash Dixon

This really isn't a new prop for me, but it's one of my favorites so I thought I'd share. It's been on a couple of other forums, and some here may have seen it, but for those of you who have not, here it is. I have more of the construction build if anyone is interested.

Scarface is 41" tall from top to bottom, hat included. The head is 2 part epoxy putty over a styrofoam wig head. The eyes light up. The body is a flexible metal tubing covered in foam sheets to add bulk. The Tommy Gun is a repaint of a common Halloween prop. The clothing is a toddlers suit. Hands and feet are 2 part epoxy. I worked on and off over the course of a couple of years designing, building, and finishing him, and then built his case. I still need to construct a base for it, but it's nearly done. He's the first in a line of Batcave Trophies I want to do. I'd never personally seen Scarface tackled before, and since he's one of my favorite quirky villains, I thought I'd give it a shot. Overall, I'm fairly happy with the outcome. There's one or two things I might change given a second chance, but I like him. I hope you all enjoy him as well.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back