MR Rocketeer Helmets Shipping!

kuyadavid

Out of the blue I just got an email from MR saying that my Rocketeer helmet has been shipped and is on the way to me. Woo hoo.

Originally posted by rocketeer25@Nov 23 2005, 04:38 PM
PICS..  NOW..

:p
[snapback]1121531[/snapback]​

I received mine yesterday. Quick review- MR's is an idealized metal version with wierd welds, spotty brass finish and a somewhat messy joint in the back. I would have preferred a perfectly accurate fiberglass version. Photos of mine:

rocket1.jpg

rocket2.jpg

rocket3.jpg

rocket4.jpg

rocket5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Eek. Is that JB Weld or just did it not get plated properly there? A little black paint and you can weather it to cover it up, but I'd probably speak to Amy first on this and see if you can get a replacement.

seeing as you're all buying the helmet you'll probably all beat me up for this... but I don' even know what the rocketeer is.

Is this a disney film or a comic book or something? (and yes, i'm being genuine here, lol)

Little from column A, Little from column B

It was originally a comic by Dave Stevens, then Disney made a movie from it.

Originally posted by hunky_artist@Nov 23 2005, 10:20 PM
Is this a disney film or a comic book or something? (and yes, i'm being genuine here, lol)
[snapback]1121641[/snapback]​

Yes. :)

It's a Disney film, adapted from a comic.

It looks like the welds are not welds at all, not that I would expect them to be.

They look to be some kind of knotched strip laid in place.

Anyone know HOW these are being manufactured?

Stamped and assembled? Cast somehow? Any clues?

I'm not an expert on this piece but what type of helmet was actually in the film? Metal or fiberglass? Are the weird welds movie accurate? Wasn't it suppose to be kind of beat up in the movie? Did MR have a screen used model to create their version from?

Originally posted by micdavis@Nov 23 2005, 07:44 PM
It looks like the welds are not welds at all, not that I would expect them to be.
[snapback]1121692[/snapback]​

Correct, they are not welds, but appear to be part of the casting process, but I'm not a metallurgist :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back