Mr Robot

I loved the first episode and I've been enjoying the rest. It's kinda going away from what I hoped it would be towards what I hoped it wouldn't be (15 min story and 35 min cliché drama). I'm giving it a shot though. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't yet.

It's an interesting show so far, makes me wonder where they're taking it. I have to say between this, Humans, Dark Matter, and Killjoys it's shaping up to the quite the summer for new shows to enjoy.

Love the pilot/EP1.. ep 2 was still ok/good..

the last two episodes have been crap.

too much weird stuff going on that really who cares.. or was just played out too long. (Evil Coprt VP CTO and his odd-ness,, and Elliots addiction stuff... blah blah)
I understand there has to be a bit of character dev going on.. but really?

possible spoiler alert:

So Christian Slater is just Elliot's imagination...right? no one address him (except Elliot)

The show is surprisingly good for something that's on the USA network, I can give it that. Though, I do agree with some of the sentiments above by @xl97. There's some things in the show that feels like it's there just to have the character do something for the sake of doing something (the biggest sinner of this was Marie in Breaking Bad and her kleptomania). Hopefully it works itself out later on and the show moves at a more focused pace.

Also, this is beginning to bother me now, and it's the direction in every episode. How everyone is framed either to the far left or the far right of the screen. This was good for the first couple episodes but now it's a needless artistic crutch for creating an interesting shot. The recent one, Daemons, drove it home with the scene with Darlene and Cisco, where they have to be intimate with each other. She goes to kiss him but he's off screen, all you get are kissing sounds and a face half cut off by the edge of the frame, cut to Cisco, and it's the same thing. There's no intimacy there, there's nothing to be felt there. The way it's set up, the viewer is completely removed from the moment by not being able to see the actors' focus. I kept thinking they were talking to somebody else behind them or over the other's shoulder. They also do this for single shots of characters when they're just talking to someone or a crowd but it makes them look like they're talking into space. It's such a sophomoric technique. Especially for a show that's shaping up to be as good as it is.

So Christian Slater is just Elliot's imagination...right? no one address him (except Elliot)

Thats the theory going about. Reddit has sliced and diced this quite a bit with the Fight Club comparisons. I seem to remember the guy outside of the drug house talking to Slater but I think that was a hallucination so I believe you are correct. I truly hope Slater's character is real.

The psychiatrist of Elliot's mentioned early on that he had episodes of seeing people who weren't there before, so "Mr. Robot" being a figment of his imagination is more than likely.

i think mr robot would have to be a real guy.....he's the one that took elliot to the arcade to begin with.....i doubt you just go find that place with an imaginary friend and it would just happen to be full of hackers.

unless of course they are all imaginary.

my 'stance' on that is.. 'HE' is Mr. Robot (to everyone else).... to HIM.. he just projects that character/being..

If I go back and watch certain things.. nobody address Mr. Robot directly (nor does he reply really)

Love the pilot/EP1.. ep 2 was still ok/good..

the last two episodes have been crap.

too much weird stuff going on that really who cares.. or was just played out too long. (Evil Coprt VP CTO and his odd-ness,, and Elliots addiction stuff... blah blah)
I understand there has to be a bit of character dev going on.. but really?

possible spoiler alert:

I tend to agree, but i wouldn't call them crap - but definitely not up to the pilot or ep2.

I'm wondering if the whole thing is a hallucination - others have called the company Evil Corp, i've seen posters on the walls that say Evil Corp as well. That's not the company's real name, though it'd be nice to see a giant corporation be that honest :)

I thought the hacker girl that showed up in Elliot's apartment said Mr Robot told her to go there (though i may not be remembering that right).

If they're all in his head, does that mean they'll get sued by the creator's of Herman's Head? :)

I keep telling my wife that this is fight club for hackers. I love the show, all of the irrelevant stuff is likely bate and switch in his mind. If he wasn't so jacked on substances with a brutal backstory, I wouldn't like the show so much. I just feel like the casting is terrific.

It's so much fun! I love this newer direction of USA, than the previous "blue sky" shows they were making. Also, I really hope Mr Robot is more than his imagination, and I agree that it's gotten a little bogged down in drawing out the episodes, rather than just plowing forward with it's narrative. Still, lots of fun to watch.

Tons of Mr. Robot (Slater) talking to the 'group' (girl who fubar'd the Dark Army portion specifically)...
but they dont address him back really.

I'm more and more convinced that Mr. Robot is Elliot, in this 'persona'..

Cant believe the 'I know you set him up' line thrown out int he bathroom.. (and then left alone?)

totally thought that would have more bearing 'somewhere' else in the story line. haha

I'd swear he had interaction within the group this week (MR R/slate). They can't all be in his head either as he was never driving the car up the storage facility either.

I'm really enjoying it.

I like the style of the entire thing. The story has been a bit "meh" in a few places, but by and large I've really liked it.

I even liked the episode when Elliot was, I guess, detoxing? It was an interesting trip into the mind of someone that's clearly troubled and incredibly intelligent.

That, and the bad guy?? That guy is awesome. The actor has the "emotionless bad guy" down to a science...he could easily be playing a robot or a terminator.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back