MR Qui-Gon Jinn Episode I: TPM Lightsaber

bothanspy

Sr Member
Qui-Gon Jinn Episode I: The Phantom Menace Lightsaber, Limited Edition

Maverick Jedi-Knight Qui-Gon Jinn exacted this fateful promise from his Padawan learner Obi-Wan Kenobi, before dying after an epic duel fought with the brutal Sith Lord, Darth Maul.

Master Replicas brings you the definitive version of the venerable Qui-Gon JinnÂ’s Jedi weapon.

Exactingly copied from surviving filming props in the Lucasfilm archive, this awesome replica has never before seen details and features:

* Machined aluminum and brass parts
* Anodized black details
* Anodized red female knurled button
* Intricate pommel detailing
* Museum quality display case with mirrored base and acrylic cover
* Numbered plaque and certificate of authenticity

$369 & Free Shipping.*
Only available through www.masterreplicas.com

Collectors Society On Sale:
February 7, 2006
(9:00 am Pacific Time)
General Public On Sale Date:
February 9, 2006
(9:00 am Pacific Time)
Expected to begin shipping: Summer 2006

*Free domestic ground shipping. Expedited orders and international orders will receive a discount on shipping costs at checkout.

Manufactured with the same attention to detail and quality you have come to expect from Master Replicas, the CEs are made from slightly different materials so they can be offered at a more affordable price point. Collectors Editions are currently available through Master ReplicasÂ’ retail partners.

Collector's Edition

This CE version of Qui-Gon’s weapon offers the same outstanding attention to detail as its Limited Edition counterpart but features –

* Unlimited edition
* Machined aluminum sleeve
* Cast resin body and metal details
* New style display stand
* Certificate of authenticity
* Same quality workmanship as the LE
* Same great Customer Service support as our Limited and Studio Scale Editions

Don't forget the pictures. :)

[image]http://masterreplicas.com/images/newsletter/02_02_06/image_3.gif[/image]
This is the CE. From the sounds of it, it's almost like owning a stunt saber.

Here's the LE:
[image]http://masterreplicas.com/images/newsletter/02_02_06/image_2.gif[/image]
[image]http://masterreplicas.com/images/newsletter/02_02_06/image_1.gif[/image]

Originally posted by TOKI@Feb 2 2006, 08:44 PM
Can any MR retailers chime in on how much the CE is going to run?

Arthur
[snapback]1174674[/snapback]​

Why they didn't include a suggested retail price is beyond me. :rolleyes

Originally posted by TOKI@Feb 3 2006, 01:44 AM
Can any MR retailers chime in on how much the CE is going to run?

Arthur
[snapback]1174674[/snapback]​
I agree.... Price?
Will they be going back and doing the other sabers in CE too?

Originally posted by jariksolo4@Feb 3 2006, 12:38 AM
They both look good, but for sentimentality's sake, I'm rather fond of my Larbel.
[snapback]1174672[/snapback]​

I'll second that.. I'll pick up the LE, but I will also be keeping my Larbel (as I did with my Larbel Obi-Wan). As much as I love the official stuff, I also have a strong fondness for the unlicensed pieces.

John.

Originally posted by Avalon X@Feb 3 2006, 11:03 AM
Am I right in understanding that you can't buy this from a RPF dealer, and that you have to buy it for that price at MR's site?
[snapback]1174717[/snapback]​
My understanding is that the CEs will be available from authorized reps, but the LEs will be available only from MR directly.

(Of course, the LEs will eventually turn up on eBay, too.) ;)

EDIT: Apparently there will also be some "retailer exclusive" LEs this year.

Originally posted by SITHcamaro@Feb 3 2006, 12:28 AM

The Hero was resin with metal details so the CE sounds more like it than the stunts.
The LE has more idealized materials.
I might consider the CE version of this one depending on price. I usually don't even use the cases anyway. The stand is pretty neat, but a little too different than my other stands. I would have preferred a simple clear stand.

Originally posted by lonepigeon+Feb 3 2006, 03:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonepigeon @ Feb 3 2006, 03:23 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SITHcamaro
@Feb 3 2006, 12:28 AM

The Hero was resin with metal details so the CE sounds more like it than the stunts.
The LE has more idealized materials.
I might consider the CE version of this one depending on price. I usually don't even use the cases anyway. The stand is pretty neat, but a little too different than my other stands. I would have preferred a simple clear stand.
[snapback]1174775[/snapback]​
[/b]

I agree, I might do the CE.

My aim has never been to get idealized sabers, just the most accurate measurements and materials. If the CE really is close to the film used prop that's good enough for me.

...especially since I do think this is a boring design in the worst movie of the NT

Anyone have any idea what the MSRP on the CE line is? For whatever reason, it appears MR doesn't want us to know until AFTER the saber is released...

Yeah they want us all to buy the LE's. Then we get to find out the Ce is 100.00, and go ah man....

I like the CE a lot but all my other sabers are in horizontal cases. Maybe i can pick up a case cheap somewhere

dan

Rumors were that CE sabers would likely MSRP in the $150 - $200 range (and fluctuate depending on the saber and its materials).

Since the CEs will be available to all dealers in unlimited runs with no price restrictions, I wouldn't be surprised if many of them indeed dipped around or under 100 bucks.

Don't quote me on any of that, though. We'll hear the pricing from MR soon, I'd say by Toy Fair at the latest.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back