MR Obi Wan Kenobi FX Full Review (Video & Pics)

forcefx

[image]http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1518/obi16gt5.jpg[/image]

This is what you FFX lovers have waited for,the 1st MR Obi Wan Kenibi Force Fx Review and Video to hit the net,and its a www.Force-fx.com exclusive..

CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL REVIEW,& SEE THE VIDEO AND PICS

http://www.akaimpc.com/obiwanfx.html

[image]http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/3699/obi18gz1.jpg[/image]

I'm still unsure about buying this one. After all the complaining about the fat necked Luke saber, don't you think they would've made this one skinny like some others I've seen (i.e. the one on rabbittooth's site)?

<div class='quotetop'>(JunkSabers1138 @ Jul 23 2006, 10:03 PM) [snapback]1286217[/snapback]</div>
I'm still unsure about buying this one. After all the complaining about the fat necked Luke saber, don't you think they would've made this one skinny like some others I've seen (i.e. the one on rabbittooth's site)?
[/b]

The fat neck really looks good on this one,I love it.

Well I just uploaded about another 10 pics,these with the Obi and the other FFX

good4ng7.jpg

http://www.akaimpc.com/obiwanfx.html

damn, i was hoping that a ep1 or 2 obi was announced...

held this one... didnt like it. :(

doing this one is like making a dooku... but making it straight... whats the point?

no offense, you have a great site, and those double saber connectors rock...

but this and the green luke :thumbsdown

IMHO. :(

why no ANH luke, sized like the ep3 anakin?

why no ep1/2 obi?

hell even the random jedi ki adi and plo koon type sabers (lik the arena ani/obi sabers) would be better choices than the ep3 obi...

oh well what do i know?

<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ Jul 24 2006, 02:18 AM) [snapback]1286378[/snapback]</div>
damn, i was hoping that a ep1 or 2 obi was announced...

held this one... didnt like it. :(

doing this one is like making a dooku... but making it straight... whats the point?

no offense, you have a great site, and those double saber connectors rock...

but this and the green luke :thumbsdown

IMHO. :(

why no ANH luke, sized like the ep3 anakin?

why no ep1/2 obi?

hell even the random jedi ki adi and plo koon type sabers (lik the arena ani/obi sabers) would be better choices than the ep3 obi...

oh well what do i know?
[/b]

I actually like the fat neck on the Obi Wan Fx

3sh2sk0.jpg

heres what it should look remotely like...

in your words. "JUST AWESOME."

<div class='quotetop'>(forcefx @ Jul 10 2006, 02:42 AM) [snapback]1277767[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Romans Empire @ Jul 8 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]1276829[/snapback]
I finally got around to putting my authentic parts together and taking a few pictures. I also messed with the booster position (see below). So okay. Here's what's on the saber:

Real - AS Starlite Handwheel
Real - ANM2 Booster
Real - Graflex Clamp
Real - Exactra 19 Calc bubble
Real - #3 MK1 Rifle Grenade

Replica - Balance Pipe - mine
Replica - Transistors - stormpath

OrigObiPrts1.jpg

OrigObiPrts2.jpg

OrigObiPrts3.jpg

I also tried to line the booster up correctly. From what IÂ’ve seen, the boosters out there have the weld in the same spot. I circled the weld and hole between the fins on my saber and the Chronicles picture. Although the Chronicles picture is a bit darker in that area, there seems to be something thereÂ…Anyhow, hereÂ’s what I got:

RealObi4.jpg

BstrCmp.jpg

[/b]

JUST AWESOME...
[/b][/quote]

and the ep3 FX just doesnt come even remotely close to the actual prop, it may be cool (and yes i realise the ep3 obi is different than romans ep4, but heck romans real deal is bigger thean the ep3 prop, so...)

you may like it but for prop discussion, and after having held the maul FX, this is just beyond unimpressive.

heres a video with me holding the ugly luke ep6, while i got to see the AHEM real "DARTH MAUL" MR saber.

im the hippie in red.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VK3MC9jGnYc&search=ray%20park

B)

i know a little about the FX line.

i just want a ep1/2 obi or a qui gon, or an ep4 luke, all could be done so much easier than this complicatedly shaped saber...

sorry just my 2 cents

<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ Jul 24 2006, 06:51 AM) [snapback]1286493[/snapback]</div>
heres what it should look remotely like...

in your words. "JUST AWESOME."

<div class='quotetop'>(forcefx @ Jul 10 2006, 02:42 AM) [snapback]1277767[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(Romans Empire @ Jul 8 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]1276829[/snapback]
I finally got around to putting my authentic parts together and taking a few pictures. I also messed with the booster position (see below). So okay. Here's what's on the saber:

Real - AS Starlite Handwheel
Real - ANM2 Booster
Real - Graflex Clamp
Real - Exactra 19 Calc bubble
Real - #3 MK1 Rifle Grenade

Replica - Balance Pipe - mine
Replica - Transistors - stormpath

OrigObiPrts1.jpg

OrigObiPrts2.jpg

OrigObiPrts3.jpg

I also tried to line the booster up correctly. From what IÂ’ve seen, the boosters out there have the weld in the same spot. I circled the weld and hole between the fins on my saber and the Chronicles picture. Although the Chronicles picture is a bit darker in that area, there seems to be something thereÂ…Anyhow, hereÂ’s what I got:

RealObi4.jpg

BstrCmp.jpg

[/b]

JUST AWESOME...
[/b][/quote]

and the ep3 FX just doesnt come even remotely close to the actual prop, it may be cool (and yes i realise the ep3 obi is different than romans ep4, but heck romans real deal is bigger thean the ep3 prop, so...)

you may like it but for prop discussion, and after having held the maul FX, this is just beyond unimpressive.

heres a video with me holding the ugly luke ep6, while i got to see the AHEM real "DARTH MAUL" MR saber.

im the hippie in red.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VK3MC9jGnYc&search=ray%20park

B)

i know a little about the FX line.

i just want a ep1/2 obi or a qui gon, or an ep4 luke, all could be done so much easier than this complicatedly shaped saber...

sorry just my 2 cents
[/b][/quote]

Oh wow thats you,I have watched this video many of times.

How great that must have been to spar with Ray Park.
Strong with the force you are.

Oh that pic of the hilt is a OBI ANH not Obi ROTS

like i said, i know thats not the ep3 saber... but the ep 4 is what it was based on, and the ep4 is BIGGER than the film used ep3.... yet the neck is TINY.

and the ep3 FX is... not.

as much i'd prefer the correct shape-i've found that of all the fx sabers (i haven't used the maul) i'ved used-the luke rotj-even with the fat neck is by far the most comfortable. spins and twists are must easier to pull off without so much crap going on on the hilt.

<div class='quotetop'>(nae1000 @ Jul 24 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]1286638[/snapback]</div>
as much i'd prefer the correct shape-i've found that of all the fx sabers (i haven't used the maul) i'ved used-the luke rotj-even with the fat neck is by far the most comfortable. spins and twists are must easier to pull off without so much crap going on on the hilt.
[/b]

Yes that is VERY true..they are both VERY comfortable shile spining.
The Luke weighs much less though.

less? is that the LED or EL version, I still have my El going strong and a converted luxeon ROTJ fx's.

perhaps the thicker blade walls are to blame for this extra weight, is the hilt noticably 'bigger' than the luke ROTJ when handling? is similar iin weight to the anakin?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back