MR obi elite arrives, damaged...

tripoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looking forward to this one for awhile.
It arrived and I opened it up immediately only to a defective replica. :(
The entire top emitter section was crooked as well the top plate was placed on crooked and there was a metallic clang coming from the middle of the inside grip hilt. :\

So back this goes for replacement. # 143 a low number as well. Fourth defective/problem item I have gotten in the last couple of months from them.

Ordered a mini Narnia letter opener but the pommel guard was broken on it. The quality was bad enough as well, I just sent it back for refund.

The Nautilus had its own tail warped, but able to fix that one myself, thats a keeper period.

They sent me a Sidious saber instead of the Narnia minis as well. I sent that back to get the Narnia replicas. Beginning to think I should have kept that one. :p

Don't know if its bad luck or a QC on that end, but kind of sucks to see it happening over and over again lately.

Wow, sorry to here that. Thanks for the update though, I think it helps those who are considering ordering anything.

I think they will have no problem helping you as they have been quite helpful with these issues in the past. Unfortunately, even with them working out the issues, I cannot in good faith place an order for fear that it may have problems. Even if they can resolve those problems, I do not feel it is worth the aggravation.

Anyway, best of luck.

Tom

You know, I've been hearing a lot of stories lately. I haven't had any experience at all lately but I'll just say (and I think most who were around will agree) that I'd really hate to see the company that ended a lot of the fun we were having submit itself to poor quality control. In my experienes MR has been nothing but top notch (the last transaction being more than a year ago though). All the threads like this have just left me hesitant. I hope they can sort things out because everyone here knows before license police we were having quite a bit of fun.

(not to say that we aren't still just that things were VERY different before MR came along.)

Note- this is NOT MR bashing... just stating the facts. :)

Wow.. Mr really needs to take a step back and re-assess the Companys that are doing their runs and QC.

This is getting rediculous.

Packed up already and waiting for pickup with FedEx. They e-mailed the pickup label, easy to get it sent back at least. Hate seeing the low number go as well it going back.

If I remember correct the numbers are not realy the order the items come off but they have plaques and items and then put them to complete an order. They might be in order of placement.

As for QC I would not want to be that person right know...as much problems and returns are coming up its costing a lot of time and face value to the company.

I hate returning things more then anything.

My Mini Yoda came and the inner emitter cover for the scew was not glued on correct and came loose durning shipping or durning packing. I could see finger prints in the "super glue" on the bottom of the cover and figured thats why it came loose. No biggy and an easy fix (plus I can take apart the emitter now).

I hope my Vader comes ok this weekend cause thats one item that is going to be returned if any thing is wrong.

If this is what to expect from their Elite Editions, I'd be scared to see how the upcoming Collectors Editions are going to turn out.

I keep hearing the same story about THESE Ob1's. :(

I have one here #203, but am waiting to see if my other one is a lower number... However, I'm tempted to open it up and check it out seeing as there have been so many problems with these.

You'd think after such a long delay they would take the extra time to make sure and do the job right, I THOUGHT that's why we were waiting so long in the first place. A NICE PIECE. :unsure

that certainly sucks gang, sorry to hear about that. I received my mini obi weathered and it was missing one of the clamp screws(little brass ones). I am supposed to be receiving a screw from them but I'm curious as to 1 whether it will come and 2 how long will it take to get here. Of course mine was only 40.00 so I can't imagine what I might feel like if it was much more as in the case with these obi's and the multiple helmet defects that cost plenty more. Poor quality control indeed.
:thumbsdown

#232 arrived at the house yesterday but I didn't get a chance to check it out until tonight.

Everything looked fine to me, so back in the box and into storage for the time being.

I will say that the "purple" hemi on mine doesn't really look purple at all. It's more of a slightly metallic clear color. I thought it would be more pronounced, but I guess it serves me right for assuming...

Everything is fine with mine too. After reading all the problems, I checked mine over again very carefully. I didn't find anything wrong at all.

And I agree....I think the purple in the hemi could have been more pronounced. But maybe that's just me....

Making sure these get to FedEx has been a bit of a hassle, taking them into work for pickup.
I don't know how they missed this one though, stand it up on the emitter and it looks like the leaning tower of piza. Whomever they are depending upon for QC is missing the boat lately. They really need to think things through from design concept to the final pieces. Been great on the models so far and the previous years SW items, but some of the replicas, especially the newest Disney stuff is lacking.
I was thinking of centering my collection around the MR Disney items. But the Narnia stuff and rockteer helmet has made me reconsider the other MR colletable franchises, the Star Wars replicas in particular, hard to mess up a lightsaber design. But given the problems, I may center more on other items like the statues and other companies that give quite the bang for the same bucks. Alot of disapointments from MR lately, too many.

Sorry to hear that Trip. Mine showed up finally today. Seems to be in good shape. Oh, I think a lot of copy centers now have mini-FedEx places inside them. I had to return an MR item last month (they just sent the wrong thing) and it was easy to drop off with the label they emailed to me to a nearby copy place.

Got my Obi EE a few days ago (#226) and I've been over it with a microscope (well not literally, but close enough.) and it looks just about perfect to me. I absolutely love it as well which is good given the price. :)

Sorry to hear about the problems - I have yet to have to return anything to them - but each time I get something I'm afraid that it will be the first thing that has to go back. So far my luck has held, and I only have two more LEs that I plan to get....

Mine arrived yesterday and, thankfully, is in perfect condition. It's #465, so maybe higher edition numbers got better treatment.

I love it -- it's gorgeous.

Looking forward to the MR Luke SE coming out in Feb. For now, thats the only other item I am planning to get for awhile unless my son sees something he really wants. A bit disapointed by it all lately and starting to take more of a look at what other vendors have to offer now. More than plenty of places to spend the limited dollars. I don't want to keep dealing with MR if they are starting to lowering their quality product or service standards.

Man, sorry to hear about those who had crappy products sent to them :(. Im sure MR will resolve it for you, its just a pain in the butt and I know it kills the whole excitement of getting a new product :(

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back