MR Milennium Falcon

This is the only image I've seen so far. This was shown at 2005 Comicon.

Tom

p8_2_bg.jpg

Hard to tell if that is an old picture of the actual FX model or the prototype for MR

I hope the paint jobs are more "ILM" acccurate than the MR ATAT's were. They should be for the price they are charging

but at 32 inches you can't beat the scale.

Thanks for posting it

PS love Galaxy Quest- your "Crewman guy" quote reminded me how funny that movie was--- "By Grapthars hammer..." Rickman "Stop it, right now, I'm not kidding..."

boatbuilder, are you thinking MR (Master Replicas) or FM(Fine Molds)? FM just release their 1:72 scale kit, MR is releasing a Studio scale display model later next year.

As far as the paint job, you're relying on hundreds of workers following a paint master using masks and such, you'll never get the same appearance of one kit painted by an artisan (such as the At-At Paint master) by an assembly line.

I'm pretty certain that Falcon is a old studio shot considering it's from ComicCon in Aug/Sept, I doubt they have a full painted master done then.

All photos on that comic-con preview are the original models.
I can't wait to see some pics of the MR version though.

Chris

Originally posted by Pauleysolo@Dec 22 2005, 09:37 AM
Hard to tell if that is an old picture of the actual FX model or the prototype for MR

I hope the paint jobs are more "ILM" acccurate than the MR  ATAT's were.  They should be for the price they are charging

but at 32 inches you can't beat the scale.

Thanks for posting it

PS love Galaxy Quest- your "Crewman guy" quote reminded me how funny that movie was---  "By Grapthars hammer..." Rickman "Stop it, right now, I'm not kidding..."
[snapback]1141417[/snapback]​

Yeah, now if only there were some good props and model kits to be had for Galaxy Quest.

Tom

[snapback]1141417[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah, now if only there were some good props and model kits to be had for Galaxy Quest.

Tom
[snapback]1142149[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I think I saw a resin kit of the Protector somewhere..hmmmmm :confused

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back