MR Mace Windu LE Question

nash

Has anyone had problems with the gold on the Mace Windu LE being tarnished? If so, is Malms #10 the best thing to use to get it out? Is it even possible to get it out? thank you.

I'm sure you will get some more useful personal experiences here - but I did find this site recently that has lots of info about polishing metals of various kinds.

Its suppose to be gold plated, which should not tarnish unless the plating is worn off or the plating was flawed when manufactured. If its due to handling, there is not much you can do but pollish it with a non abrasive polish like tarnex. If its due to poor plating, you should contact MR about it.

Originally posted by tripoli@Mar 1 2006, 03:41 PM
Its suppose to be gold plated, which should not tarnish unless the plating is worn off or the plating was flawed when manufactured.  If its due to handling, there is not much you can do but pollish it with a non abrasive polish like tarnex. If its due to poor plating, you should contact MR about it.
[snapback]1196607[/snapback]​

Ok now youre beginning to scare me. I doubt MR can do anything about it since it has been out of production for so long. Now I dont know what to think. I was told that someone else had this problem and fixed it by using Malm's, but i dont know for sure if it is the exact same problem as I never saw any pics for comparison. damn...

To my knowledge, only the Sig Ed was gold-plated. The LE was something... else... different. Possibly the same as they did the gold details on the Dooku with, but I haven't noticed any tarnishing on mine.

Originally posted by Toferay@Mar 3 2006, 12:44 AM
To my knowledge, only the Sig Ed was gold-plated. The LE was something... else... different. Possibly the same as they did the gold details on the Dooku with, but I haven't noticed any tarnishing on mine.
[snapback]1197551[/snapback]​
Both are gold plated. The LE is plated with 10 karat gold, the SE with 18k.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back