MR Kermit the frog

Lynn TXP 0369

Sr Member
I just got the Muppet Show season one DVD and it is AWESOME..

Is there anything new on when the MR Kermit the frog will be released?
I know it was mentioned the 2nd QTR for it's release, is this still on?
Any new pics other then what has been posted or linked to already?
Watching the Muppet Show DVD got me really excited for this piece.

Lynn

i hope it looks better than what they showed a while back, i also cant wait for this. been trying to learn to make puppets for year and love th muppets. I have to buy that dvd set soon

Oh, I'd love to see this.

"NEW FROM MASTER REPLICAS.
Jim Henson's Kermit the Frog. Never before has such a fine replica been made from a combination of the finest green fabrics, foams, black metal rods and plastic than the product we're offering for the ultimate Muppet collector. Hop on it as quickly as possible, because Kermit will go fast at an unbelieveable price of just $349.99 plus shipping. Hurry and you can purchase our Collector's Edition Kermit the Frog with display case for only $425.99. Act now before they're all gone."

Don't get me wrong, I love the genius that is Jim Henson. But this is something even I can make. And that says something.

Originally posted by Prop-Maker@Mar 5 2006, 06:54 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love the genius that is Jim Henson. But this is something even I can make. And that says something.
[snapback]1199481[/snapback]​

How do you make a Kermit Muppet???
I can't believe it is that easy, got patterens??

Lynn

Originally posted by jedilos@Mar 5 2006, 06:40 PM
i hope it looks better than what they showed a while back, i also cant wait for this. been trying to learn to make puppets for year and love th muppets. I have to buy that dvd set soon
[snapback]1199473[/snapback]​

For the "Photo" puupet he looked pretty good.
Lynn

How do you make a Kermit Muppet???
I can't believe it is that easy, got patterens??

Lynn
Well, it's not as easy as it seems, I'm sure. But with a lot of homework and close study, I believe it can be done. The whole point of my post was that I'm absolutely positive a great Kermit can be made by any of the talented people we have here without going to the expense of buying a multi-million dollar MR piece. I've seen some awesome lightsabers (just an example) created by fellow RPFers that were made spending half the amount one would spend for an MR version.

I make muppet style puppets but I have too much respect for Jim Henson than to make or sell a non liscensed Kermit or any other specific character.
Here's "Milton" Just finished him last week.

Trent: That looks great. I was WAAAY into puppets as a young boy and would have killed for a nice muppestesque creation like that back in the day. The best you could get back then where those out of proportion velour monstrosities that church groups used for puppet ministries.

As for Kermit, if it looks like the pre-production photos, and uses the correct materials (as it appears they did), I'm almost good as sold. I've heard unconfirmed rumors of a price point at around $200. If that's the case, that's MORE THAN REASONABLE if it's using the Henson patterns, correct fleece and materials, and they keep up decent QC. If there's someone on this board who can do all that for less cash and not lose money for their time/money/materials...SPEAK NOW...

....(silence commences).....

:lol

I used to make puppets like these.......but for the time it takes, I was charging $350 plus. Seriously, we're talking lots of man hours on these things. If it really looks right, has the right materials and colors......... $350 is a steal... I'd pay $400 for a good one. Anything less than $400 is candy...

Dave :)

"without going to the expense of buying a multi-million dollar MR piece. "

They are going to be priced at $200. Seems a far cry from a multi-million.
And the MR sabers have all been reasonable, seeing as back in the bootleg heyday, saber runs here were going for $400+ (with the exception of Larbels)...

I have spent 25+ hours on a puppet before. There is alot of hand sewing involved. It's very time consuming. Cutting and fitting the foam form under the fabric takes time. Dyeing the fabric takes time.......creating eyes from pingpong balls........creating mouths from felt and glue....and foam..............yeah 25 hours labor is pretty conservative. It's one thing to make an all new puppet and just letting the process go where it goes.......but to make a familiar puppet like Kermit........that takes time. You end up making and remaking stuff because there are no available patterns.

Trust me, if you can get a kermit that is a poseable puppet..........for $200-400........grab that sucker...

:)

I'm glad this thread popped up...It answered a lot of my questions; including how well the MR price sits with others. Seems like everyone's in general agreement on the "awesome factor" of these replicas. Good to know.

I'm personally hoping Kermit will sell well because I want to see MR offer a Gonzo or Swedish Chef sometime in the future...Though it's a long shot that they'll get that far down the character line, I can still dream. :unsure

Ryan

Well hopefully if Kermit sells well there will be more to follow.

Beautiful work on Milton Trent..

As been noted in this thread a lot of Puppet-makers will never do a Muppet out of respect for Jim Henson.

I love the Muppet Show DVD set as well.The kids and I watch them all of the time.. it's funny to hear Miss Piggy in the begining when she wasn't being done by Oz, and her eyes were different as well... but back to the puppets themselves...

This one of the few MR pieces that my wife actually does like, hehehe..

Originally posted by The Death Curse@Mar 6 2006, 12:21 PM
I'm glad this thread popped up...It answered a lot of my questions; including how well the MR price sits with others. Seems like everyone's in general agreement on the "awesome factor" of these replicas. Good to know.

I'm personally hoping Kermit will sell well because I want to see MR offer a Gonzo or Swedish Chef sometime in the future...Though it's a long shot that they'll get that far down the character line, I can still dream. :unsure

Ryan
[snapback]1199902[/snapback]​

I had heard that the next one they had in mind was Animal, who I also like, but I would also like to get a Gonzo as well.

my puppet does not look as good as milton there but its my first foam base character. my 4 year old is helping me make it its her vision, shepicked out the color and saw the eyes and nose at the store and wanted those instead of the foam ball i had bought. either way ista her puppet so she gets what she wants. itsnot finished this is a work in progress, we are adding ears and hair and still need to add the second arm and get the puppet dressed.

I do hope the kermit is under 400 so i can snag one up. growing up watching shows like these has been a great experience and love sharing that part of my life with my children.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back