MR Kermit the frog

If you guys think $200 seems pretty fair, then I can't really argue with that. You know a lot more than I. Seems a little high for me, but I'm not really in the puppet trade and if they're hand-made by a single person, then I can understand a high price. My initial post was meant to lighten a mood and few laughs. There are plenty of things I've seen MR do that have just seemed to cost an ungodly amount of money. But, then again, I only make six bucks an hour... so everything's expensive to me (although I AM working on fixing that little problem). All I know is for how expensive MR's Anakin AOTC saber was, the thing's tiny. I would've been IMMENSELY disappointed to pay that much and get something so small (I was told Hayden Christensen has small hands). But the AOTC saber size is a whole different thing altogether.

That Milton puppet is really cool, by the way.

I PM'd you about something.

Lynn

Originally posted by vaderdarth@Mar 6 2006, 09:06 AM
I used to make puppets like these.......but for the time it takes,  I was charging $350 plus.  Seriously,  we're talking lots of man hours on these things.  If it really looks right,  has the right materials and colors......... $350 is a steal...  I'd pay $400 for a good one.  Anything less than $400 is candy...

Dave :)
[snapback]1199801[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Prop-Maker@Mar 6 2006, 02:40 PM
If you guys think $200 seems pretty fair, then I can't really argue with that. You know a lot more than I. Seems a little high for me, but I'm not really in the puppet trade and if they're hand-made by a single person, then I can understand a high price. My initial post was meant to lighten a mood and few laughs. There are plenty of things I've seen MR do that have just seemed to cost an ungodly amount of money. But, then again, I only make six bucks an hour... so everything's expensive to me (although I AM working on fixing that little problem). All I know is for how expensive MR's Anakin AOTC saber was, the thing's tiny. I would've been IMMENSELY disappointed to pay that much and get something so small (I was told Hayden Christensen has small hands). But the AOTC saber size is a whole different thing altogether.

That Milton puppet is really cool, by the way.
[snapback]1200047[/snapback]​
If its $200 and its accurate, thats actually a steal. I kinda worry about it though. If it's made from actually Henson Patterns, There is going to be an epidemic of bootleg Kermits popping up. I was under the impression that the MR wasn't actually a puppet, but just stuffed. If it was an accurate full body puppet replica from the one Henson Used/uses a $200 price tag is ridiculously low. I'd expect at least 7-8 hundred for something like that.
I've sold puppets similar to my "milton" for around 4-5 hundred depending on the features (moving eyelids, human arm, etc)

I remember the way he introduced himself was "Kermit D. Frog". Does anyone know what the D. stood for or did it have no meaning other than a play on "the"? I would love to have one if it's at the $200 mark.

Originally posted by Trooper_trent@Mar 6 2006, 11:02 PM
I was under the impression that the MR wasn't actually a puppet, but just stuffed.  If it was an accurate full body puppet replica from the one Henson Used/uses a $200 price tag is ridiculously low.  I'd expect at least 7-8 hundred for something like that.
I've sold puppets similar to my "milton" for around 4-5 hundred depending on the features (moving eyelids, human arm, etc)
[snapback]1200354[/snapback]​

It's my understanding that Kermit wll be the "photo Muppet". Effectively a stuffed doll with a wire frame skeleton to make it possible. You don't need a puppeteer to take a picture, just something that looks like the puppet and can hold a pose long enough for the camera shutter to go "Click.". That's what MR is producing. That stated, I believe they are using the real "photo Muppet" patterns, just not the "performance Muppet" patterns.

I was quite the Muppet fan as a little kid. I have fond memories of The Muppet Show and Sesame Street. However, I don't think I'll be in the market for these. I'm still very new at the prop thing and I have a LOT of blasters ,lightsabers, and helmets to get before I think about stretching out beyond Star Wars. That stated... a Gonzo would look really nice up on top of this book case over here, with his feet dangling off the side. If they ever get that far I'll think about it. If it's a set with Camilla the Chicken I'm in :lol

Originally posted by SurferGeek@Mar 7 2006, 04:13 AM
I remember the way he introduced himself was "Kermit D. Frog".  Does anyone know what the D. stood for or did it have no meaning other than a play on "the"?  I would love to have one if it's at the $200 mark.
[snapback]1200364[/snapback]​

I always thought he was saying, "the", just very pronounced.

Originally posted by Funky Jedi+Mar 6 2006, 11:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Funky Jedi @ Mar 6 2006, 11:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SurferGeek
@Mar 7 2006, 04:13 AM
I remember the way he introduced himself was "Kermit D. Frog".  Does anyone know what the D. stood for or did it have no meaning other than a play on "the"?  I would love to have one if it's at the $200 mark.
[snapback]1200364[/snapback]​

I always thought he was saying, "the", just very pronounced.
[snapback]1200386[/snapback]​
[/b]
I have always seen it listed as Kermit the Frog, on things like video packaging, Disney web site, etc.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back