MR FX Maul saber pic

bothanspy

Sr Member
small, but at least we can see it. It was shown during the UK Toy Fair

[image]http://www.theprivateuniverse.co.uk/images/news/2006_ci_dm_sm.JPG[/image]

On stand was the new Darth Maul Power FX Lightsabre which looks and feels great. The good news is that Master Replicas will be making this available to buy individually (i.e. half the full sabre) or in a two pack. This should be available in March.

Thanks for the pic.... This should come with detachable blades, for those who would like to display the full hilt with only a single blade

Originally posted by bothanspy@Jan 26 2006, 12:49 AM
small, but at least we can see it. It was shown during the UK Toy Fair

[image]http://www.theprivateuniverse.co.uk/images/news/2006_ci_dm_sm.JPG[/image]

On stand was the new Darth Maul Power FX Lightsabre which looks and feels great. The good news is that Master Replicas will be making this available to buy individually (i.e. half the full sabre) or in a two pack. This should be available in March.
[snapback]1168242[/snapback]​

Here are more toy fair pics,if anyone didnt see um yet.
http://www.action-figure.com/events/main.p...=5840&g2_page=3

Nothing official, but I was told by MR back in October that they were hoping to sell it in 2 options:

1) Single-bladed versions (which can connect via a middle connector piece) for a little more than previous FX sabers

and

2) A "full saber" deal where you get both blades and the middle connector for a little less than it would cost to buy 2 separately.

I'm not sure if this is still the plan or what the precise MSRP would be.

I heard from someone that works for Borders that it would be sold 2 ways:
Single=$100
Double pack=$180
Let's hope that this is true. Oh and he also said that they would be available sometime in March.

I just hope the two pack does have the knobs on the same side. I love Maul's saber but I'm not paying $180-200 for a backwards saber. Just my 2 cents. :unsure

Rudy G.

Originally posted by IAMMAUL@Jan 25 2006, 09:34 PM
I just hope the two pack does have the knobs on the same side. I love Maul's saber but I'm not paying $180-200 for a backwards saber. Just my 2 cents.  :unsure

Rudy G.
[snapback]1168487[/snapback]​

A while back when people from MR posted about that they didn't seem like it was an issue they were going to be able to correct. It'd be nice if they did, though.

Originally posted by Chingon+Jan 26 2006, 12:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chingon @ Jan 26 2006, 12:37 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-IAMMAUL
@Jan 25 2006, 09:34 PM
I just hope the two pack does have the knobs on the same side. I love Maul's saber but I'm not paying $180-200 for a backwards saber. Just my 2 cents.  :unsure

Rudy G.

A while back when people from MR posted about that they didn't seem like it was an issue they were going to be able to correct. It'd be nice if they did, though.
[snapback]1168489[/snapback]​
[/b]

So what we can pay a high price, but they can't sell us a product that would come as close as possible to the look of the movie prop?

Heaven forbid they flip the buttons to the other side. If there coming out with a two pack and the single which can not be attached how hard would it be to get the double right? OK I'll get off my soap box now. :$

Rudy G.

Originally posted by Chingon+Jan 26 2006, 12:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chingon @ Jan 26 2006, 12:37 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-IAMMAUL
@Jan 25 2006, 09:34 PM

Rudy G.

[snapback]1168489[/snapback]​
[/b]

I have to think that it would be a relatively easy fix. The absolute worst case scenario would be that you scrap whatever "connection device" MR provides and rig one of your own. Just make sure you can still get the batteries out :p My guess is that this will be a "screw together" piece like the end caps of the current sabers. If that the case, all you need is a thin spacer in one of the sabers so that when it is screwed to a tight fit the buttons line up. How thick the spacer needs to be is going to depend on how much of turn your particular set is off. If it's too far off you might need a thin spacer on each side rather than one thick spacer on a single side (just to make sure both side are screwed in far enough to be a good connection)

Let's see the product in the the flesh before we start assuming the worst. If the buttons being out of allignment turns out to be an issue it's a safe bet someone on this community will figure it out in short order. Let's just not make it an issue 2 months before the thing is even released.

I'll bet you could add a rubber O ring to the end with the spacer to fine adjust how it lines up.

It'll work... ;)

Originally posted by Sporak@Jan 26 2006, 01:35 AM
I'll bet you could add a rubber O ring to the end with the spacer to fine adjust how it lines up.

It'll work... ;)
[snapback]1168508[/snapback]​

But that's not the point for me to fix it to look right. :rolleyes

If you went to a fancy place to eat and they charged you an intresting amount then came back with a raw uncooked steak and said fix it yourself would that be ok with you?
:confused

I guess I'm just if I pay for an item I would like to get an item worth the amount I paid for it.

Rudy G.

Originally posted by IAMMAUL@Jan 26 2006, 10:16 PM
But that's not the point for me to fix it to look right.  :rolleyes

If you went to a fancy place to eat and they charged you an intresting amount then came back with a raw uncooked steak and said fix it yourself would that be ok with you?
:confused

I guess I'm just if I pay for an item I would like to get an item worth the amount I paid for it.

Rudy G.
[snapback]1169249[/snapback]​

We arn't talking about a steak dinner here. This is a jumbo hot dog. The FX is the low end, mass produced section of the product line. You get what you pay for, and we're in the cheap seats eatin' dogs. Flag down the beer guy for me :D

I assure you that if you buy the Limtied Edition Darth Maul Saber the buttons will be lined up, and if you pay for a steak it will be prepared to your liking.

I have to agree with RedTwo on this one, FX sabers aren't the LE's and MR has to make some necessary modifications to put out a decent product (case in point - the thick neck on the ROTJ Luke and the EP3 Obi Wan soon to be released) - I know I will still buy it - as what one member on here said about the Maul FX review "7 1/2 Feet of Sith Goodness" - Saber Staff action is gonna be awesome ...

-John

Come on guys. Has MR ever made a FX Saber exactly to specs?..............NO.... Why would we concern ourselves with it now? Relax, the Maul is gonna be great for an FX version. At least this paper weight lights up, and is gonna have removeable blades for a change............

Later,
JC

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back