Mr Freeze snowflake necklace

Jayce

Does anyone know where the original Mr Freeze snowflake necklace is ?

From the Batman & Robin 1997 movie

tumblr_ltt3eqJj1V1qkmwh6o1_1280.png

The only reason why i ask this is because the guy who sold me the fake sci fi propgun: http://www.therpf.com/f45/unknown-screen-used-sci-fi-gun-129406/ was also selling the ''original'' Batman & Robin snowflake necklace.

He was selling this in The Netherlands, now i think the snowflake necklace was a fake too because 1: he sold me a fake movie prop, 2: this is a rare prop, so almost impossible that i would find it all the way in The Netherlands.

Maybe he's selling the same piece of jewelry the prop department used and not actually THE screen used one.

many prop departments just buy ready made things and use it in films then any one of us with enough time to research can find the exact same items for sale to the public to display as replicas.

Do you have a link to his pictures/sale?

Maybe he's selling the same piece of jewelry the prop department used and not actually THE screen used one.

many prop departments just buy ready made things and use it in films then any one of us with enough time to research can find the exact same items for sale to the public to display as replicas.

Do you have a link to his pictures/sale?

It was on a real life collectors market :)

He was the only one selling movie props.

If he sold you a fake prop, then I would highly question it's authenticity too.
It does look like a 'found' item. So wouldn't be hard to pass one off as original if he had located one the same. It certainly wouldn't fill me - or any future owner with any confidence. In fact I have Christmas tree decorations that look almost exactly like this, so wouldn't rule out that it might be something like that.

this is a rare prop, so almost impossible that i would find it all the way in The Netherlands.

On a different point though, I'm sure any movie prop at all could have found it's way to The Netherlands (or anywhere else in the world!) if a collector from there bought it at any point. Somebody questioned the authenticity of an item in my collection once and the only argument they had was "Why would it be in the UK!?" - because I own it..and that's where I live :behave

I did find this

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ebay/0x0x40272/52576028-1c51-4550-8d60-4d84422ac7be/26924.pdf

BURBANK, Calif., August 31, 2000 - Fans of the Caped Crusader will get an unprecedented chance to own a piece of
cinematic Gotham City when wbstore.com, Warner Bros. Studio Store's e-commerce site, offers one-of-a-kind props
and costumes from the blockbuster Batman motion picture franchise on eBay beginning on September 13 through
September 20.
The most coveted items will include Batman's cowl, The Riddler's green Lycra jumpsuit, and the pink tiger-print suit
worn by Two-Face from "Batman Forever;" Catwoman's skin-tight rubber costume from "Batman Returns;" Poison
Ivy's Willow chair taken from her Venus Flytrap throne, and both Barbara Wilson's prep school uniform and leather
motorcycle costume from "Batman & Robin."
Other props used by the diabolical villains who oppose Batman being offered during the sale include the coins used
by Two-Face to help the conflicted villain make decisions and Ed Nygma's experimental "Brain Drain" hat used in the
filming of "Batman Forever;" as well as a mechanical penguin from the Penguin's lair in "Batman Forever;" Poison
Ivy's spell-binding pheromone dust compact and Mr. Freeze's Gotham City Snowglobe used in "Batman & Robin."
Several gadgets from the Batcave's weapons wall used to battle Mr. Freeze are also included: Bat Tasers, a Bat
Monitor from the Batmobile, Bat Lasers and a Bat Heater used to defrost frozen lab technicians. Also straight from the
Warner Bros. vaults are Alfred Pennyworth's eyeglasses, the coveted Wayne diamond Heart of Isis, the snowflake
pendant worn by Nora Fries, Mr. Freeze's ill-fated wife, and a pair of Gossip Gerty's eyeglasses. Trivia buffs will recall
that in "Batman Forever," Gossip Gerty was played by the widow of Batman creator Bob Kane.

It looks like the original went up for auction in 2001

Warners sold alot of props for about a year on ebay...it may well be one of those but they came with a dna encoded coa to match each coa to the prop.

Having said that calling this an easily obtainable xmas decoration is dangerous because unless you know for a fact your guessing. Thats not fair to the owner.

I'm not sure how it could possibly be unfair to the owner to suggest that an item used in a film could be a found piece, that's what we do here, we guess at what an item could be untill we find the right one! or we replicate it!
Either way, I didn't say that it was an easily obtained Christmas decoration anyway, like other posts I simply speculated that it could be a found item, like many props used in films - that doesn't devalue a screen-used prop in any way if the owner has the proof that the prop is the real deal.
It would only be 'dangerous' if the owner has no evidence of it's authenticity, in which case coming from someone who has already been proven to sell fake props with fake CoA's I wouldn't think people had much faith in them anyway

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back