MR CE's

Jockavich

Anybody have any early info on these?
Will they be the quality of an FX?
Made of metal?
Very interested to hear your thoughts guys?

Happy New Year to all BTW :)

I imagine they will be produced more inexpensively than the LE's but still be of good quality - ie metal not plastic. :)

I suppose the fact that the CE's will not be a 'limited edition' automatically affords a reduction in price as the manufacturing costs can be spread over 10,000+ units rather than 1.500, for example.

I also assume that MR will use less expensive options for finishing these pieces and not include a display case.

Happy new Year. :thumbsup

How's everyone's heads this morning...groan...coffee..I must...have more coffee... ;)

The CE's from MR will be the prop, a stand, and a certificate, no plaque, plaque stand, case, or prop story included. Still no real solid word out there as to what the materials for the prop will be other than MR's comment that they will be made from more "standard" materials.

Jim

Are there any pictures of these? God, I hope they make a Dooku. I understand the Qui-Gon will be made as a CE? Any word on other fan favorites, like Mace or Obi TPM?

I am really curious about the CE's.
I dig the idea as it will give me props that I can play around with, thus leaving my LE's in "the museum" and fingerprint free. :lol

You can machine some pretty nice stuff from fiber resin blocks. Painted or chromed, it would be hard to tell at a glance. I would think making it lighter for costuming would be considered.

If I remember what I heard correctly, they'll be metal and injection molded plastic. So probably something along the lines of mini materials, but on a bigger scale.

Hey, as long as they LOOK good, I don't care if they're made of injection molded donkey sperm. What's the price, release date, any info? I know some collectors are grumpy about this, but it's a cool opportunity for us po' folk.

The price has been unofficially set at around $200, that is by no means definite though, and it's through piecing together what Amy has said on the Rebelscum boards. No release date yet either. Although with the 2006 Minis already available, I hope that it's soon.

For $ 200, they will need to make it exactly as was before, with out the case certificate ect. Because thats still agood chunk of change for most SW fans and collectors. I think alot of people where hoping in the under 100 dollar range.

Originally posted by tripoli@Jan 12 2006, 04:09 PM
For $ 200, they will need to make it exactly as was before, with out the case certificate ect.  Because thats still agood chunk of change for most SW fans and collectors. I think alot of people where hoping in the under 100 dollar range.
[snapback]1157230[/snapback]​

Without the case, etc., but just a saber, I would go to 150, if it is the EXACT same product. I mean, I'm not paying 700 bucks for a Windu. But 200 is waaay too much if these are just resin or whatever.

I agree with Trip. $200 is way too much for this without the case and other goodies. Maybe $150 at most - IMHO. But truthfully they should be $100 or so and here's why. I'm guessing the materials used will be very much like the Force FX recent mostly metal hilts. And heck those go for $100 with electronics and an LED blade. Unless these "CE" editions are quite a bit better quality than a Force FX hilt they would be silly to charge $200.

Regarding the Qui-gon: Ok, I've asked this before, and maybe it's been addressed, but can anyone answer these questions?

1) What's metal (button, sleeve, and emitter are my guesses).
2) Is the resin cast black, or painted? (Paint can chip, which sucks. Keeping my fingers crossed for cast black).

Anyone?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back