Mr Black

CreatureCreator

Sr Member
hi,

i am busy the hole day working on my lifesize predators sculpt, man it is really a big thing!
ive finished one half of the sculpt. The picturess will be posted tonight.
this is after 1 day of work:
ru0fmp.jpg

2ypluzk.jpg

5oe0is.jpg

21kkz5x.jpg

i will have this piece finished in one or maybe two days.
tomorrow i will start the fine detailing.

and thanks for the molding advice!

JB

cant wait for pictures, and for molding.. used waterbased clays as a wall and make the wall under the crown area wherever it fits best closest to the crown.

what are the steps in makeing a predator mask i would really like to know BTW relly cool mask dude
well, most people start with making a sculpt without the mandibles, after that they ad details and after that they ad mandibles and put ditails on this.

i just made the form of the bio of Mr Black, and began sculpting the form out(and ad the mandibles to it).

hope it helps and thanks for your comment!

JB

i restarted the sculpt, wasn't happy with the forms.
here are the pics:
bet7s.jpg

10r63hs.jpg

2pzh0nq.jpg

the details aren't finished yet, so is the back.

let me know what you think about it and if it is a improvement, and if it i screen accurate.

JB

Top notch job so far, I'm really liking the progress. Just one question. When you sculpt the mandibles, is that all clay or do you use a small wire or stick poked into the clay to hold the mandibles up? I mean, wouldn't the clay fall? I never sculpted before and was curious. Thanks.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back