Mr.Barlow's 2012 halloween costume contest entry - Chewie

MrBarlow

Sorry, for the lack of information. This is very last minute.

I had a lot of fun creating this Chewbacca costume for my 2 1/2 old daughter. I was thrilled she chose Chewbacca over The Little Mermaid.

Here's some shots of the work in progress. The mask is a custom sculpture with only the key features of Chewie that wouldn't be covered by hair.

Gotta go figure out how to submit in the gallery!

Last edited:
Re: Mr.Barlow's 2012 halloween contest entry

Proof photo!

More info...

I made the bandolier from scratch. I bought all the leather at Tandy. I carved the blocks out of L-200 foam, which is the same as the craft store foamies. I had to keep the belt as light as possible for a toddler to handle it.

The suit was a basic kid's costume pattern that I altered for the hood/cowl. I attached the mask to the hood with snaps. Doing fittings on a 2 and 1/2 year old is a nightmare. Taking pictures, even harder.

The mask was all hand layed crepe wool hair.

Thanks for looking, hope I made the deadline!

Ps. I submitted my photo to the gallery before 10pm but it's not showing up.

Last edited:
Re: Mr.Barlow's 2012 halloween contest entry

Oh yeah. I couldn't get a good shot of it for the submission photo because my daughter kept trying to shoot me with it but...I also made a mini bowcaster.

The can of soda is for scale.

Here are some more photos of the finished costume.

Although I tried to scale the bowcaster down and make it as light as possible, she's still only 2 1/2 so it was difficult to get her to hold the bowcaster in proper Chewbacca fashion. =)

Chewava_moresub_03.jpg

Chewava_moresub_02.jpg

Chewie_Ava_sub_02.jpg

Chewava_moresub_01.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Kids - the RPF Gallery

Thats really really adorable. Great job on that mask too. My nephew has an elmo costume thats for some reason furry and looks like a red wookie lol if I could only dye it brown.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back