MR announcement on SPEC OPS helmet

bothanspy

Sr Member
We wanted to let our customers see the letter we're sending to retailers. Consumers that have the Special Ops helmet need to get in touch with their retailer if you would like a refund. If you received a plaque (not just a sticker on the box) and would like to have your number recorded with us, you can e-mail wholesalecs@Masterreplicas.com. Please let us know who you purchased it from.

Dear Authorized Retailers and Distributor Partners, Last week, we shared with you our concern that some of the Special Ops Helmets may have shipped from the factory without the certificate of authenticity and plaque.

We appreciate your responsiveness and diligence in checking each of your shipments for these items. Based on the information you provided, along with the inspections conducted at our warehouse, we have confirmed that a number of Special Ops Helmets are indeed missing their plaques and certificate of authenticity. In light of this finding we regret that we are unable to provide individually numbered plaques for the Special Ops Helmets.

Master Replicas CANNOT reprint the missing numbered plaques, as it would compromise the integrity of this limited edition item. Additionally, we believe that the investment value of our products is of utmost importance and must be protected. In place of individually numbered plaques, we will issue a total edition size plaque that will show the total edition size of 750. The plaque will also feature the Authorized Retailer logo to distinguish it as an Authorized Retailer exclusive. This will ensure that each Special Ops Helmet has a collectible plaque, without compromising the value of the item. We will provide you with these replacement plaques as soon as they are available so that you can distribute them to your customers.

We anticipate that these plaques will be ready in approximately two months, but we are working on expediting this process to make them available to you sooner. We understand that this resolution represents a significant departure from our normal Limited Edition products. However, based upon the options that are available to us, we believe that this is the only way to still deliver a quality product to your customers, while protecting the value of this highly sought after item.

In order for us to better understand this issue, we request that you contact wholesalecs@masterreplicas.com and record your plaque number with us. Additionally, Master Replicas will be inserting the total edition size plaque into all Special Ops Helmets in inventory and all future shipments. We will suspend shipments until they can be inspected and replacement plaques have been inserted. In light of the Special Ops Helmet being oversold, we want to ensure that you and your customer are satisfied with the product. If you would prefer to cancel your order, please contact your Sales Rep.

If you have already received a Special Ops Helmet and would like to return it for a refund, Master Replicas will be delighted to arrange this for you.

Please contact wholesalecs@masterreplicas.com to receive a Refund Authorization number. If you have any additional questions, please contact your Sales Rep. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Master Replicas is committed to providing the best possible customer service.

-The Team @ Master Replicas

Originally posted by bothanspy+Feb 3 2006, 07:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bothanspy @ Feb 3 2006, 07:38 PM)</div>
We appreciate your responsiveness and diligence in checking each of your shipments for these items.
[snapback]1175458[/snapback]​
[/b]

Well we paid about 400 bones a pop, no kidding we would check it.

Originally posted by bothanspy@Feb 3 2006, 07:38 PM
Based on the information you provided, along with the inspections conducted at our warehouse, we have confirmed that a number of Special Ops Helmets are indeed missing their plaques and certificate of authenticity.

You dont say?

Master Replicas CANNOT reprint the missing numbered plaques, as it would compromise the integrity of this limited edition item.

To late.

Additionally, we believe that the investment value of our products is of utmost importance and must be protected. In place of individually numbered plaques, we will issue a total edition size plaque that will show the total edition size of 750. The plaque will also feature the Authorized Retailer logo to distinguish it as an Authorized Retailer exclusive. This will ensure that each Special Ops Helmet has a collectible plaque, without compromising the value of the item. We will provide you with these replacement plaques as soon as they are available so that you can distribute them to your customers.

So I get a plate now that says 750? On my box it says 261.

We anticipate that these plaques will be ready in approximately two months, but we are working on expediting this process to make them available to you sooner.

O'dear God please take your time so you can get it right. No hurry, we all have waited about a year for this goat rope. Think we can wait a little longer.

If you have already received a Special Ops Helmet and would like to return it for a refund, Master Replicas will be delighted to arrange this for you.

Im sure you would.

<!--QuoteBegin-The Mantis
@Feb 3 2006, 08:06 PM

This is turning into a joke.
[snapback]1175467[/snapback]​

It has not been?

I've twice purchased from Master Replicas, and I assure you there will not be a third. The have been sloppy with organization and production on these helmets, and yet they still expect people to continue to trust them and buy from them?

I originally planned on ordering a helmet, but then I found about the delays and, later, the bad quality they came in. I then thought about purchasing a saber, and then i heard stories about emiters either not being glued on or just being absent alltogether.

Say I order a scaled replica - is it going to ship in a zip-lock baggy? Oh wait, the vader domes don't even get bags, I forgot.

Sorry for being so sinicle, MR employees present on this board, but can you really blame me?

Hi Locke,

We totally understand your frustration. Believe me, we are feeling it as well.

I am not going to try to make any excuses for the helmets. This was a new line for us and there were definately some mistakes made. We cannot undo them at this point but we can try to rectify the situation for everyone by offering refunds and replacements.

Please keep in mind that before the helmets Master Replicas has created a lot of really cool stuff that did not have any problems. Unfortunately mistakes are made and we learn by them so they hopefully will not happen again.

Amy

Originally posted by MRCUSTOMERCARE@Feb 4 2006, 01:53 AM
Hello Everyone.

I posted this information on this thread as well.  If anyone has any questions I will be answering them here:

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=104306
[snapback]1175486[/snapback]​

I appriciate that (unexpectadly) quick respose, and I appriciate that it didn't just immediatly shoot my comment down.

Im in a real hot spot with some work, and Im on edge, so I appologise if my comment was a little rude or sharp. I get a little carried away when Im in a bad mood, and I appologise.

I’ve only bought two things from MR and the helmet being my first. The second thing was only because of Amy. I’m not trying to bust MR’s you know what’s but still a lot of us have been waiting more or less close to a year for this great bucket. As much as I totally understand the place where MR is right now. Where is the incentive for us to come back? More promises of a date that’s not going too happened? Another DV helmet that’s been damaged and fixed with a sharpie? Or a Clone helmet that didn’t come with a number plate? That really gets to me, the number thing. I remember all these people saying that we are wrong for busting on MR because they made the quality product and it would be worth the wait. Well? If it dose not come with what it should then where is the quality? Think I helped get the thread shut down (sorry). I was the office manager of my parents Co. When everything went wrong I had to deal with it, I also made sure the deal went the right way in the end. Id take a loss just to make sure they were happy. In return many of them would come back to us before picking someone else. I think we all know MR is going to lose a lot of followers because of this helmet nut roll. But the question is what is MR willing to do to keep what they can? So far I have seen no effort at all. So your willing to send us the number plates that say “750 only made” that should of came with the helmet with the real number to start with seven months ago. In other words you’re doing less then what you should of done in the first place? I know I sound like a dick or even bitter; but still im voicing fact. Business is business and I know that but it looks to me that MR is still making a nice dime off this deal and the consumer is taking the hit. If MR is taking the hit then the yahoos that are making the helmets are not taking the hit (and they should), either way we the consumer are still taking the hit for someone else’s mistake. So why are we taking the hit? Why do we recommend MR? Why do we come back?
Remember one OÂ’sh*& messes up ten that a boys, and this has been one big OÂ’sh*& for MR. So why should someone buy from you guys again? An oops on paper from your end really hurts us that have nothing. $400 bucks for a helmet that will just sit there really takes a months pay on my end.
Ill be looking for an answer, only if you would plaese.
If you don't then ill just pm you and give you a hard time until you do,,,JK.

It is getting to the point that one starts to wonder if fate was against this. Quality control mishaps, costumer care problems... I feel bad for us that ordered helmets, but I really feel for those at MR that are really trying. Perhaps its a case of getting to the top and forgetting how you got there. I truly hope things turn around for MR, as there are some really cool things that I am still Jones-ing for. M U S T.. H A V E.. T R O O P E R.. H E L M ET..

Well, Amy, since you're talking about learning from your mistakes, I hope you won't mind a few constructive pieces of advice.

Don't put items on your website for sale until you have them in your hands, quality checked and ready to ship. (a "Coming Soon" thing is cool, though) That way, nobody is waiting more than half a year for an item they've ordered. I understand you don't charge the credit card until the item ships, but some people have to plan to pay for certain things at certain times. A $400 item just waiting to bill "sometime" can be quite inconvinient.

I understand that you wanted to get these helmets on order around the time Episode 3 came out, but really, they weren't in your hands and nowhere near completion, so you really shouldn't have put them up for order, ESPECIALLY since this was a new venture for you guys.

Again, this is all meant to be constructive advice. I own several Master Replica items, and I'm happy with each and every one of them. I'd hate to see the company disappear because of this helmet fiasco.

This is a major disappointment for MR customers who appear to have been let down in many aspects.

To start off theyÂ’re late, but we can forget that as many people will be concerned at the (lack of) finish on some of these helmets. HereÂ’s mine, not exactly a mirror finish is it?

[image]http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/MR_Helmets/MRspecops01.JPG[/image]

and a close up showing the variance in the clear-coat finish

[image]http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/MR_Helmets/MRSpec0os04.jpg[/image]

However my main concern is having bought a numbered Limited Edition helmet in good faith, IÂ’m now told that IÂ’m just going to get a plaque with 750 on it. Great.

Bottom line MR is you could do something about this if you wanted to but clearly its easier and cheaper to say “sorry”. Great

Here’s my plaque number, it should be #75. You KNOW that people could sent these parts of boxes in to prove their number but like I said, its cheaper to say “sorry”.

[image]http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/MR_Helmets/mr%20Specops%20label.JPG[/image]

You could compensate customers you have let down, especially as you say its only ”some” of them. How about the offer to purchase an “Artist Proof” of one of your forthcoming helmets? I suppose it comes down to whether Master Replicas are serious about customer service or just “talking the talk”

Cheers

Jez

I agree with BingoBongo.

Although we haven't yet been informed of the reason that some helmets shipped without plaques, presumably those plaques do exist.

MR, why not arrange a "shipping label exchange program" for customers who received helmets without plaques? As BingoBongo suggested, customers could cut the shipping label (with bar code and plaque number) from their shipping cartons and send them to you in exchange for the correct plaques. Is there a reason that this not possible? If so, I'm sure that a lot of people on this board would like to know why. One of the things we are so upset about is the lack of information coming out of your company.

Of course it will cost you money to organize and execute an operation to distribute the numbered plaques. But it will cost you more than money if you don't. You're alienating those clients who are still trying to stick with you despite their disappointment. You know very well that the individually numbered plaque is basic to the "limited edition" and not only part of its appeal but part of its cost and value. Don't add insult to injury by denying your clients these plaques they have paid for. (I say "they," because I was fortunate enough to receive my Spec Ops helmet with its plaque and paperwork included. I like my helmet very much, by the way.)

We know that you at MR are upset and sorry about this fiasco. But "sorry" doesn't compensate those who have been affected. Put your money where your mouth is. Get the plaques to those who bought them.

Seems like MR needs a Quality Control Manager in China or wherever these are getting made.

QA Instruction sheet: Look in box, look for plaque, if plaque & COA is there close box, if not get them and put in box. Pretty simple.

I can be hired, but I'm not cheap. ;)

Amy, I have 3 Spec Ops helmets on order from various retailers that I have not received yet. Will the plaques be missing in those also? I can understand how this could be a problem with the helmets that have already shipped from MR, but will mine be corrected since it hasn't even shipped to my dealer yet?

I hope the Shock helmets resume shipping soon also, since I haven't received that one yet either.

Keep in mind, MR is already working double time to get decent helmets made an replaced, so time and money might not be there to offer extra programs to recieve numbered plaques and such.

Yes, it is frustrating, and yes, I agree precautions could have probably been taken that wern't. However, I do sincerely believe they are working their hardest to correct this issue as best they can.

I'm trying to be a little lighter on it, since hiccups occur always, even with fan made bucket production. Quite alot, actually. THis one was bigger, yes, but essentially your getting a "bigger" product.

Originally posted by BingoBongo275@Feb 4 2006, 01:50 PM
However my main concern is having bought a numbered Limited Edition helmet in good faith, IÂ’m now told that IÂ’m just going to get a plaque with 750 on it. Great.

Bottom line MR is you could do something about this if you wanted to but clearly its easier and cheaper to say “sorry”. Great

Here’s my plaque number, it should be #75. You KNOW that people could sent these parts of boxes in to prove their number but like I said, its cheaper to say “sorry”.
You could compensate customers you have let down, especially as you say its only ”some” of them. How about the offer to purchase an “Artist Proof” of one of your forthcoming helmets? I suppose it comes down to whether Master Replicas are serious about customer service or just “talking the talk”

Cheers

Jez
[snapback]1175795[/snapback]​

Agreed, the right plaques should be sent to the correct helmets owners.

Chances are they weren't in the boxes because they are lost or missing and they don't have them. Now they don't know which helmets recieved them and which didn't so they don't know which #'s they would have to remake.

I can see if these are missing and then suddenly turned up it could be a disaster if they somehow got out after the same #'s were remade.

I wonder what they mean by oversold though??

Or is it overproduced?? As in the above scenario, you could have more than one person with the same edition #. You could have 900 helmets with a plaque edition of 750.

Are the helmets with surviving plaques going to be swapped out with the edition # plaque?? That would suck.

Originally posted by Locke5@Feb 4 2006, 05:24 PM
However, I do sincerely believe they are working their hardest to correct this issue as best they can.
[snapback]1175892[/snapback]​

If thats the case then why cant MR organise a "Shipping label exchange programme" as many of us here have suggested?

Those who are missing plaques can prove what numbers they are. All MR need to do is provide these disenchanted buyers with a little customer service.

Cheers

Jez

So let me get this straight, they wont even replace the plaques with the correct numbered version?? That has got to be one of the most boneheaded moves ever... :eek

Sounds like yet another move to stick it to the customer. They must of gotten their business model from the airline industry. Bah.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back