MR announcement on SPEC OPS helmet

They should not accept emailed photo copies of the #'s on the box, they should have that part of the boxed mailed to them, that way, there will be no duplicate numbers.... They should keep records of who got what number afterwards, that way, if one of these mystery boxes with 2 numbers comes into play, they know what number was issued, and send out the remaining #...

Honestly, I would rather have a number that somebody else has, than to have one that says "1 of 750"

Originally posted by SHalamar@Feb 4 2006, 08:18 PM

This is a BAD BAD situation, and Master Replicas is trying to do the best they can.  They've said flat out they will not reissue the numbered plaques to avoid duplication of numbers for those people who DID recieve the plaques and likely to prevent a little bit of fraud.  Hopefully, MR will come out and say what happened, but last I heard, they suspect that a disgruntled employee removed the plaques and CoA's AFTER they were all packed in, and inspected.
[snapback]1176234[/snapback]​

I am glad they are protecting the investment of those with the plaque. I would suggest that each person that does not have a plaque send in the sticker from the box, unless, because of another mistake, there are multiple boxes with the same number.

E. Vader

Originally posted by eddie vader+Feb 4 2006, 07:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eddie vader @ Feb 4 2006, 07:25 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SHalamar
@Feb 4 2006, 08:18 PM

This is a BAD BAD situation, and Master Replicas is trying to do the best they can.  They've said flat out they will not reissue the numbered plaques to avoid duplication of numbers for those people who DID recieve the plaques and likely to prevent a little bit of fraud.  Hopefully, MR will come out and say what happened, but last I heard, they suspect that a disgruntled employee removed the plaques and CoA's AFTER they were all packed in, and inspected.
[snapback]1176234[/snapback]​

I am glad they are protecting the investment of those with the plaque. I would suggest that each person that does not have a plaque send in the sticker from the box, unless, because of another mistake, there are multiple boxes with the same number.

[/b]

Sadly, I bet a lot of people could fake the stickers. I could do it with some standard labels and a laser printer.

When MR finds out exactly what happend and the person resposnible, I would REALLY hate to that guy. :eek

I think at this point MR's offer to refund your money 100% for those that are unhappy is the only thing to do. It's a good call on their part and its the logical action to take. It would be nice if the whole mess can be sorted out and the helmets corrected and sent out to those that bought or will buy them. Needless to say, I would think the factory that made the items and the people resposible for the large misstakes will no longer be working for or with MR.

For the record I have not puchased any of the helmets, I like to see the item before buying it. The helmets are nice and the good ones have nice paint jobs, I just don't really like them.

I say, we just find someone who could "recast" the plaque, and get some real numbers on these, that way MR does their best, and we do ours

Originally posted by allosaur176+Feb 4 2006, 09:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allosaur176 @ Feb 4 2006, 09:25 PM)</div>
They should not accept emailed photo copies of the #'s on the box, they should have that part of the boxed mailed to them, that way, there will be no duplicate numbers....  They should keep records of who got what number afterwards, that way, if one of these mystery boxes with 2 numbers comes into play, they know what number was issued, and send out the remaining #...
[/b]

I agree with this completely, but I think they are worried that the missing plaques will end up on Ebay or will show up on the black market in Asia. That would allow someone to make a custom helmet and stick an MR numbered plaque on its stand. Of course we would know that it's a fake, but think about someone at some market in Hong Kong (which is where I bet our plaques ended up).

<!--QuoteBegin-allosaur176
@Feb 4 2006, 09:25 PM
Honestly, I would rather have a number that somebody else has, than to have one that says "1 of 750"
[snapback]1176239[/snapback]​

You know, this is really an excellent point. The reason I say that is because I'm willing to bet just about anything that there will be more than 750 helmets out there, and I'm not counting the AP's.

If MR printed boxes with the same edition number on them, then how can they possibly know how many boxes/helmets are out there? Their assurances don't mean a whole lot to me at this point.

Originally posted by allosaur176@Feb 4 2006, 09:10 PM
Ok, now we will have the same Item, just afew more collectable than the rest... In the long run, the numbered plaques that got out will no doubt be more collectable and sought after than the helmet with the "1 out of 750".... 

Somehow, it seems a bit shady....  I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but, MR has admitted to overselling the item, and opps, the plaques go missing, so instead of sending back the bar codes to get the correct numbers, lets print up a whole new batch of plaques that just say "1 of 750", produce another 100-200 helmets to meet the oversold limit, and get away without any proof of any wrong doing....

Again, I'm not saying this is what MR has done, but it does make sense
[snapback]1176225[/snapback]​

Where do you get over sold = they are going to make more? Now people are just reaching for more things to grip about. It would be unethical business practice for them to do that and that is one thing they do not practice.

Originally posted by Megatron@Feb 5 2006, 12:59 AM

Where do you get over sold = they are going to make more? Now people are just reaching for more things to grip about.
[snapback]1176332[/snapback]​

Whats so hard to believe that they want to make money??? And I never said thats what they were doing.. I was just stating that if they wanted to make extra helmets, producing un-numbered plaques would cover it up easily

It would be unethical business practice for them to do that and that is one thing they do not practice.

And your 100% proof possitive about this how exactly??

I am still waiting to hear what happened with the MR Rocketeer helmets. You want to hear a sad story about helmets go find that thread. I am surprised there is no mention of it as far as another strike against MR. This is not an isolated event it seems it is happening with every new helmet they produce. What gives? What changed?

Hi MRCUSTOMERCARE (AMY)

Using an image of a saint being burnt at the stake as your avatar is tasteless, if that's what you perceive yourself to be, I pity you.

MR has an obligation to satisfy their customers, FULL STOP...

I assume the avatar has something to do with one of your previous comments on this subject..."Before all the pitchforks start coming out " Maybe it's a witch in your avatar?

Well, you AND the company you work for SHOULD satisfy your customers orders.

If, because you have been questioned over the absolute disregard from MR to it's deserving customers requests as being burned at the stake, well, it goes to show that MR THINKS it has done nothing wrong, what a croc...

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM MR AGAIN...

The fact that you've used this avatar as, you, yourself being burned at the stake (Let's face it, that's exactly why you used it) you need to step back and see that what has been requested IS NOT unreasonable. They're asking for what they paid for... or, at least, give a sizeable reimbursement...

If you don't deliver, don't be surprised if your customer base drops sharply.

I'm disappointed in you Amy and MR, as said earlier, you will not get my hard earned dollars again.

Disappointingly yours,

Kraig

BTW, I'm not religious, hate to think how I'd feel if I was. I assume that by the time most readers see this your avatar will be different, for them to wonder "what the hell's he talking about?", well I saved it, if infact, it is Joan of Ark in the pic.

*cue the Steve D defense* :lol

SD uploaded the avatar a long time ago.

Amy just never changed it. :lol

*edit*
For the longest time, nearly every thread here on the RPF regarding MR was a bashing thread.

In recent times, I don't recall Amy ever having that avatar.

MR bashing is not what I intended, calling out a company to fulfill it's obligation is...

Cheers,

Kraig

Originally posted by yakcam@Feb 5 2006, 06:14 AM
In recent times, I don't recall Amy ever having that avatar.

Cheers,

Kraig
[snapback]1176466[/snapback]​

She has had that avitar for a long time now, a year maybe.

Lynn

Originally posted by yakcam@Feb 5 2006, 05:49 AM
BTW, I'm not religious, hate to think how I'd feel if I was. I assume that by the time most readers see this your avatar will be different, for them to wonder "what the hell's he talking about?", well I saved it, if infact, it is Joan of Ark in the pic.
[snapback]1176460[/snapback]​

Good for you :rolleyes

It is nothing that people havn't seen here for a long time now anyway. she has had that avitar longer then I can remember, long before this helmet mess ever happened for the crap we put that poor lady trough..

Lynn

It is sort of shiny. I can paint that well with a few cans of duplicolor.

Originally posted by BingoBongo275@Feb 4 2006, 01:50 PM
This is a major disappointment for MR customers who appear to have been let down in many aspects.

To start off theyÂ’re late, but we can forget that as many people will be concerned at the (lack of) finish on some of these helmets. HereÂ’s mine, not exactly a mirror finish is it?

[image]http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/MR_Helmets/MRspecops01.JPG[/image]

and a close up showing the variance in the clear-coat finish

[image]http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/MR_Helmets/MRSpec0os04.jpg[/image]

However my main concern is having bought a numbered Limited Edition helmet in good faith, IÂ’m now told that IÂ’m just going to get a plaque with 750 on it. Great.

Bottom line MR is you could do something about this if you wanted to but clearly its easier and cheaper to say “sorry”. Great

Here’s my plaque number, it should be #75. You KNOW that people could sent these parts of boxes in to prove their number but like I said, its cheaper to say “sorry”.

[image]http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/MR_Helmets/mr%20Specops%20label.JPG[/image]

You could compensate customers you have let down, especially as you say its only ”some” of them. How about the offer to purchase an “Artist Proof” of one of your forthcoming helmets? I suppose it comes down to whether Master Replicas are serious about customer service or just “talking the talk”

Cheers

Jez
[snapback]1175795[/snapback]​

Originally posted by WhiteCommando@Feb 5 2006, 08:03 AM
It is sort of shiny. I can paint that well with a few cans of duplicolor.

One shouldn't have to "fix" a $400 collectable.

As far as the mumblings about a numbered plaque, and why people are so upset about it - I think it's pretty simple.

This thing isn't a toy. It's not a cheapo Halloween mask. It's not model kit. It is a collectable piece of Limited Edition artwork, and was marketed as such.

It even says so in the now legendary literature that comes with it:

mr-specialopshelmet14.jpg

To tell people to stop whining is a fine example of the "everybody wins in little league" world we live in.

"Aw come on, just accept the mistake and clamp it" :thumbsdown

People went APESH*T when James Frey was exposed as fabricating a "memoir" - feeling "duped" as Oprah put it. I suspect the feeling is the same with this fine collectable.

MR at least is trying to figure something out to rectify it.

To be honest, the plaque thingy doesn't bother me much. I mean it would be nice to get exactly everything i paid for but it looks like MR has made up their minds without us. Jez does have good solution. I'm just wondering why they don't try using that route instead.

Dear Yakcam,

My avator was put there by a fellow co-worker who frequents this board alot. It was meant to be a joke and is in no way how I feel or MR feels. It was done as a joke and was not meant in any way to say we feel that way. I am sorry it offended you and I will have it removed right away.

Amy

Originally posted by yakcam@Feb 5 2006, 10:49 AM
Hi MRCUSTOMERCARE (AMY)

Using an image of a saint being burnt at the stake as your avatar is tasteless, if that's what you perceive yourself to be, I pity you.

MR has an obligation to satisfy their customers, FULL STOP...

I assume the avatar has something to do with one of your previous comments on this subject..."Before all the pitchforks start coming out " Maybe it's a witch in your avatar?

Well, you AND the company you work for SHOULD satisfy your customers orders.

If, because you have been questioned over the absolute disregard from MR to it's deserving customers requests as being burned at the stake, well, it goes to show that MR THINKS it has done nothing wrong, what a croc...

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM MR AGAIN...

The fact that you've used this avatar as, you, yourself being burned at the stake (Let's face it, that's exactly why you used it) you need to step back and see that what has been requested IS NOT unreasonable. They're asking for what they paid for... or, at least, give a sizeable reimbursement...

If you don't deliver, don't be surprised if your customer base drops sharply.

I'm disappointed in you Amy and MR, as said earlier, you will not get my hard earned dollars again.

Disappointingly yours,

Kraig

[snapback]1176460[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back