MR Aliens M41A Pulse Rifle

Okay, let's be realistic. I'm sure they can pull off a working trigger and and electronic counter (and even that will add to the cost). But for you to expect a working slide for the grenade launcher...that just ain't gonna happen. I own one of Steve's original 12 pulse rifles. The only way to get any sort of "working" mechanism is to engineer one like the airsoft, or use the airsoft, like they did with the Denix Mausers....and that would be un-godly expensive. Plus it still really doesn't sound or feel like a real Remingtion 870. Before I bought Steve's, I bought another resin PR with a moving slide. It sounded like two pieces of resin scraping together and it looked cheap. It even jiggled when I walked around with it.

I think you're expecting a bit much, especially if you want cut rate prices.

Gary

Originally posted by garybarth@Jan 29 2006, 01:50 AM
I think you're expecting a bit much, especially if you want cut rate prices.
If you're talking to me: I wasn't "expecting" a working slide, I was hoping. A guy can dream, can't he? :p

My statement about it being static is based on thier past blasters, and the laws regarding replica guns. I don't claim to be an expert, and perhaps the reaosn MR isn't releasing it yet is because they are trying to find a way to make it with moving parts. Who knows. The motion tracker isn't a replica gun, so they can have moving everything, and light and sound.

MR may well have a light up counter, but I can't see them mass producing a pulse rifle with a sliding stock, or moving trigger. :cry

I certainly hope I eat those words one day though.

Originally posted by Noeland@Jan 29 2006, 02:48 AM
MR may well have a light up counter, but I can't see them mass producing a pulse rifle with a sliding stock, or moving trigger.  :cry
"Static." Who'd have thought that word could make a grown man cry?

I am so hoping for something great out of MR when they do the pulse rifle. But based on what we've seen from their blasters made in China, I have to admit that the smart money should be on static. :cry

What's the point of getting it if it doesn't really work? :love

Originally posted by temponaut@Jan 27 2006, 09:03 PM
Do you know this for sure?

I'm not debating it.  Static is certainly the way they've gone with the Star Wars blasters (the Han ANH excepted).  Just wondering whether you might have some inside intel...  :love

I sure was hoping for lighted counter and moving parts.  :(  In particular, I'd hoped for a grenade launcher with working action and a reasonably authentic sound and feel...

EDIT:  Don't mean that the grenade launcher should actually launch anything.  :D
[snapback]1170162[/snapback]​

Originally posted by garybarth@Jan 28 2006, 04:50 PM
But for you to expect a working slide for the grenade launcher...that just ain't gonna happen.  I own one of Steve's original 12 pulse rifles.  The only way to get any sort of "working" mechanism is to engineer one like the airsoft, or use the airsoft, like they did with the Denix Mausers....and that would be un-godly expensive.  Plus it still really doesn't sound or feel like a real Remingtion 870.  Before I bought Steve's, I bought another resin PR with a moving slide.  It sounded like two pieces of resin scraping together and it looked cheap.  It even jiggled when I walked around with it.

Gary
[snapback]1170401[/snapback]​

Well I would hope that MR's R&D team could come up with a way to make a pump handle slide back and forth with no jiggle. We're not talking a functioning racking shotgun. I'm talking about a pump that can slide back and forward and stay there. It's not rocket science. All it would need is a simple spring loaded ball catch in the pump and two corresponding holes (one front, one back) in the SPAS cage. Some tight tolerances and they're golden.

All a trigger needs is a pin and a spring. Maybe an electric contact switch if they decide to have it operate sound and lights.

There, now I've done all their research for them. Now the PR can be cheaper ;).

-Fred

MR apparently outsourced to India for the Rocketeer helmet. Perhaps they could find cheap labour that doesn't have stupid replica firearm laws to do the PR.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back