MR Aliens M41A Pulse Rifle

tain669

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi I just like to have some info about the PR that is suppose to from MR in the near future.Does any think it well be any good as as any MR stuff so far and what do you think the price will be? :) Thanks

Originally posted by tain669@Jan 28 2006, 04:46 AM
Hi I just like to have some info about the PR that is suppose to from MR in the near future.Does any think it well be any good as as any MR stuff so far and what do you think the price will be?  :)
I seem to recall that the pulse rifle wasn't included in MR's announced lineup for 2006. (Or am I thinking of the Falcon?)

Seems that sales of the motion tracker have been sluggish. It was released a long time ago and they've still got it in stock. Not sure why it hasn't done better, as it's an excellent replica for the money. Not perfectly screen-accurate, but excellent nonetheless. I sure like mine. :D

Maybe if the motion tracker had sold better, MR would be developing the pulse rifle more quickly. In any case, I hope the pulse rifle will include electronics on a par with the motion tracker and the Star Trek weapons MR has released so far. ;)

Personally I still have no idea why they started with the Motion Tracker. The PR, being one of those iconic weapons, if priced reasonably would have probably soldout ridiculously fast. I have friends that don't collect props but are big fans of the Alien Franchise and didn't recognize the motion tracker until they saw it held and heard the noise. The PR, on the otherhand, they would recognize in a flash and might even be tempted to get one themselves.

I don't recall seeing it on the slate for this year, so hopefully early 2007. Saving the pennies..

Originally posted by temponaut@Jan 27 2006, 03:13 PM

Seems that sales of the motion tracker have been sluggish.  It was released a long time ago and they've still got it in stock.  Not sure why it hasn't done better, as it's an excellent replica for the money.  Not perfectly screen-accurate, but excellent nonetheless.  I sure like mine.  :D
[snapback]1169794[/snapback]​

I certainly hope MR isn't holding the M41A based on the sales performance of the motion tracker. This would be a tremendous mistake. There are a LOT of folks who would buy the pulse rifle in a heart beat, but have no interest in other Aliens props.

what a poor production choice the motion tracker is/was and the sales can back this up.

unless you were a fan of the film you wouldn't know what the hell it was, i'm a fan of the film and would never consider buying a MT :unsure

I had a Motion Tracker for a while, but I didn't like the weathering. The sound effects, look, colour and feel were great.

Looking forward to the MR Pulse Rifle as Steve Dysmo's (sp?) PR was amazing.

They also probably know that an Open Edition Pulse rifle will sell well eternally. There is an almost never ending stream of fans of the Aliens movie, a reasonably priced pulse rifle would likley produce a fair amount of revenue for years and years.

The tracker release was very badly handled. MR lumped it in with a bunch of AVP crap that no-one wanted. If they had released a strongly-branded Aliens series of prop items (PR, Grenade Set, Marine Helmet, for instance), I believe the MT would have been a big hit.

Instead they put their bets on an unreleased movie that everyone knew would stink, rather than one of the most popular Sci-fi movies of all time.

I've seen it advertised countless times as AVP Motion Tracker. Sad.

I would guess there is more involved to why they didn't do the rifle first. Maybe it was a rights issue. Harder to produce. Who knows? They seemed to of backed off the "Aliens" franchise now too.

Originally posted by Birdie@Jan 27 2006, 10:55 PM
The tracker release was very badly handled. MR lumped it in with a  bunch of AVP crap that no-one wanted. If they had released a strongly-branded Aliens series of prop items (PR, Grenade Set, Marine Helmet, for instance), I believe the MT would have been a big hit.

Instead they put their bets on an unreleased movie that everyone knew would stink, rather than one of the most popular Sci-fi movies of all time.

I've seen it advertised countless times as AVP Motion Tracker. Sad.
[snapback]1169932[/snapback]​

I agree whole-heartedly. Hitching your wagon to that travesty is asking for a disaster.

I'm a huge Aliens fan, but I wouldn't want a motion tracker. I still desperately want a PR, and would gladly fork over a great deal of money to MR for one, but apparently their experience with AVP-related items has scared them off of Aliens props altogether.

Oh well. Doesn't matter- since MR won't ship weapon replicas to my state, I wouldn't be able to buy it anyway. :(

I'm hoping that MR will bring it out sometime as we do not have many options open right now to obtain a good PR at a reasonable price as Park Sabers Xeno/Aliens clone is way too much and the kits that he uses are no longer being made.Let all hope that MR does it right.Anyone know anything about who is working on it? I'd likt to know as I don't know how close it will be to the original.Thanks 2 cents

Originally posted by zorg@Jan 27 2006, 03:53 PM
unless you were a fan of the film you wouldn't know what the hell it was, i'm a fan of the film and would never consider buying a MT :unsure
[snapback]1169828[/snapback]​

Ditto. I love Aliens, but I can't imagine buying a MT. A PR or grenade set would be different, though. :thumbsup

I was not interested in the motion tracker when it came out because I felt it was overpriced. Now that the price has dropped, I am interested. They might want to think about those price points when they release the props.

I don't expect I would buy a pulse rifle from them for a couple of reasons.

1. it's going to be static, and I already own an icons.

2. It's going to cost a lot more than I will want to pay for it.

3. For less, there are some quality pulse rifles with moving parts.

That said, well, I am still very curious if one is going to happen or not going to happen from MR. And I have no doubt I will eat these words when I shell out a grand for one..

;)

Njc-------------------------

Originally posted by Noeland@Jan 28 2006, 12:19 PM
it's going to be static
Do you know this for sure?

I'm not debating it. Static is certainly the way they've gone with the Star Wars blasters (the Han ANH excepted). Just wondering whether you might have some inside intel... :love

I sure was hoping for lighted counter and moving parts. :( In particular, I'd hoped for a grenade launcher with working action and a reasonably authentic sound and feel...

EDIT: Don't mean that the grenade launcher should actually launch anything. :D

Originally posted by tain669@Jan 27 2006, 01:46 PM
Hi I just like to have some info about the PR that is suppose to from MR in the near future.Does any think it well be any good as as any MR stuff so far and what do you think the price will be?  :) Thanks
[snapback]1169775[/snapback]​
If MR produces one, it will be extremely display ready. The motion tracker that they manufactured a while back was just as you see in this picture...

1116026956_img1.jpg

...minus the shells, of course. ;)

If they ever do release the PR, it should have a light up counter, moving stock, sliding pump handle and working trigger. It can be injection molded plastic with mteal front vent and stock (that way we can open it up and put Hyperdyne electronics in it)

Releasing the motion tracker first was both good and bad. If they wanted to test the "Aliens" waters, a more iconic piece would have been the way to go. I hope they don't base future "Aliens" projects based on the sales of the MT. Though, the MT seems to have better sales in the secondary market. At $300 I would never have touched one - it's just not a purchase I could justify. However, at $150 + $20 shipping on ebay (brand new, never opened), I picked it right up. It's a beautiful piece. It's well made, not too heavy or too light, the pieces function just like their real world counterparts (calculator buttons depress like calc buttons, etc) and the sound effects are exactly like the movie. It's easily worth $170 and I display it proudly next to my MiM pulse rifle.

So, it was bad in that it may bade poorly for future Aliens releases and good that I was able to pick it up at an affordable price later on. If the Pulse Rifle does get released, I may not get the opportunity to find it for less later on. I could easily see a starting point of $800 (way too rich for my blood) and if it's a limited run, forget it. Secondary sales on Ebay will hit double that at least. Even auctions that start at normal price will double by auction's end. It's just that iconic of a piece. You can show a PR to anyone born in the late 70's/ early 80's (or earlier, obviously) and they will know exactly what it is. And most people born during that time frame are in the work force making decent money and, with a little planning and forethought, will probably get one.

-Fred

Originally posted by temponaut+Jan 27 2006, 10:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(temponaut @ Jan 27 2006, 10:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Noeland
@Jan 28 2006, 12:19 PM
it's going to be static
Do you know this for sure?

I'm not debating it. Static is certainly the way they've gone with the Star Wars blasters (the Han ANH excepted). Just wondering whether you might have some inside intel... :love

I sure was hoping for lighted counter and moving parts. :( In particular, I'd hoped for a grenade launcher with working action and a reasonably authentic sound and feel...

EDIT: Don't mean that the grenade launcher should actually launch anything. :D
[snapback]1170162[/snapback]​
[/b]
Way back when it was originally mentioned that MR was going to make a PR, I thought I remembered someone saying that if it is manufactured in China it will have to be static because of some regulation. This could be completely wrong but that is how I remember it.

Originally posted by Montagar@Jan 28 2006, 11:50 PM
Way back when it was originally mentioned that MR was going to make a PR, I thought I remembered someone saying that if it is manufactured in China it will have to be static because of some regulation. This could be completely wrong but that is how I remember it.
I actually remember reading the same thing: that replica firearms made in China are required to be static, and that although MR execs are themselves disappointed, there is nothing they can do. (Well, I suppose they could manufacture the pieces somewhere else. :unsure )

I also recall reading a tutorial on ASAP by a member who had modified his MR Trooper Blaster to have a working trigger. :love

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back