MPP question for MPP experts

yodakiller1138

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I need the help of all you MPP experts that own real MPP's and done the conversion. I have 2 MPP's I'm converting. I have the real calculator bubbles. When the lever is tightened some of the screw part is sticking out particularly on the ESB version. Should I leave it like this or do I have to cut it down. What was done on the real prop?

Any help would be appreciated :D

Scott

Originally posted by yodakiller1138@Feb 3 2006, 03:48 PM
I need the help of all you MPP experts that own real MPP's and done the conversion.  I have 2 MPP's I'm converting. I have the real calculator bubbles. When the lever is tightened some of the screw part is sticking out particularly on the ESB version. Should I leave it like this or do I have to cut it down. What was done on the real prop?

Any help would be appreciated :D

Scott
[snapback]1175077[/snapback]​

I've got a Blastech calc bubble set on my real MPP, and it was constructed to be wider so the clamp doesn't have to close so tightly.

I'd be more worried about overtightening the clamp than having a real calc set in there, IMO. This is probably how the ANH Vader sabers (V1 and V2) both had the lever snap off to meet the needs of a calc strip.....

I have never been able to tell the difference between a real and a resin calc set.

does an authentic MPP have a red "S"? Or more so did it come with one and perhaps the red has worn off? Anyone care to chime in? Been looking through the achives but there are no pictures anymore...

Congrats on your MPPs. I remember when I had 2 MPPs... :angry

How far out do the threads stick? If it's an eighth of an inch or less, I'd leave it. If you're using a real calculator bubble strip it is very different than most of the replicas and will sit inside the clamp quite differently.

Originally posted by lesternessman@Mar 5 2006, 12:52 PM
does an authentic MPP have a red "S"? Or more so did it come with one and perhaps the red has worn off? Anyone care to chime in? Been looking through the achives but there are no pictures anymore...
[snapback]1199194[/snapback]​

Yes... some versions of the MPP's did have a red "S" and they are easy to rub off if trying top polish the chrome.... so be careful in that area when cleaning.

Earlier versions of the MPP had all black lettering.

The size (or even the font) of the lettering also changed from batch to batch.

Original MPP's are a variation nightmare when trying to find all of the 100% correct variation parts.

IMO, the MPP variation used for the original "ANH" prop was the earliest version of the MPP produced.

- Jim :fettrotj

I was reading through this thread and was wondering if anyone out there has pics of both sides of the Vader ESB clamp, since they are no longer posted in the thread. I have some of the MR saber but I really want to know is whether or not there was something (hatnut or pin with the missing lever) protuding from both sides are just the one side.

Here's the thread for reference

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...topic=98952&hl=

Originally posted by lesternessman@Mar 7 2006, 02:30 PM
I really want to know is whether or not there was something (hatnut or pin with the missing lever) protuding from both sides are just the one side.

Just one side.

DS

thanks for posting Darth Saber, that is what I have been thinking but I needed some confirmation. Anyone else care to chime in, since there are so many Vader experts?

Originally posted by Vaapad_VII@Mar 7 2006, 10:52 PM
Pictures of both sides of the clamp would be terrific as well
[snapback]1201169[/snapback]​

Here's a pic showing the MPP lever rod, the pin running through the rod, and the washer.

esbpin2web.jpg

Here's a photo (One of the few, if not the only one) showing the opposite side.

paulspicweb.jpg

I realize the second photo is blurry, BUT the rod and pin on the oposite side IS INDEED a standard rod and pin from an MPP which means the oposite side can only be the threaded end.

Anyone who owns and authentic MPP can tell you that these are the characteristics of a an MPP lever rod.

DS

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back