Movies That Should Never Be Remade (But If They Did...)

Princess Bride - Mark Ruffalo could totally pass as Prince Humperdink.

latest?cb=20120727211820.jpg

Halloween III. 8 more days to halloween, halloween, Halloween...I can’t stop watching it, unless they remake it.

Correction. With a plot line like this (a mix between what could have been a great film noir/horror film with the right cast from past and present), and writing (“this place is a zoo!”), real lens flare and a hard-drinking doctor who wants to be a detective, scenes that are a ripoff from national lampoon‘s vacation and death of a salesman (no spoilers), this is a classic on its own, even if there is a remake.

Last edited:
I picked up the Scream (Shout) Factory release of "Big Trouble in Little China". In the bonus features the original screenwriter details how it was originally written as a western. Forget the rumored Dwayne "The RocK" Johnson remake. I'd definitely like to see the original screenplay produced.

Not sure I understand this thread but The Nightmare Before Christmas should never be remade, but being a Disney movie, I predict it will be announced in the next 2-3 years...

Not sure I understand this thread but The Nightmare Before Christmas should never be remade, but being a Disney movie, I predict it will be announced in the next 2-3 years...
The idea is, although the particular movie shouldn't be remade, as it was as close to perfect as possible the first time, if it were to be remade, what would be the perfect casting/director, etc.

With TNBC, I don't think it's likely, unless they decided to do a live action version.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back