Movie Scenes that You Wish Weren't in the Film

Scenes I hate:

The ice cube scene from Do the Right Thing. Aside from it feeling like you just switched away from the movie to an erotica for a bit and then back, it also just sounds like Spike Lee took advantage of the actress from what I've read on it.

The "magical flying space Leia" in The Last Jedi. I started dying laughing in the theater. There was at least ten minutes of making jokes about it with the group I saw the film with after.

The end fight sequence in Wonder Woman. It felt over the top with special effects and trying way too hard to be dramatic. Also
David Twelis
isn't believable as Ares - he's not intimidating in any way.

The ESB scene where Han Solo presses against Leia, she tells him to stop, so he responds by...pressing her against a wall and kissing her.

Speaking of Harrison Ford... the Blade Runner scene where Deckard tries to stop Rachel from leaving, then slams her against a wall when she almost does and kisses her. Yeah. There's some serious consent issues with his characters, which I don't appreciate due to how they're romanticized within the film.

What do you all think? Which scenes do you hate?

The ESB scene where Han Solo presses against Leia, she tells him to stop, so he responds by...pressing her against a wall and kissing her.
Ah come on, it did not go that way, we have it on tape. There was plenty of build up and banter before that kiss.
And while we're there can we talk about the scene when Princess Leia sexually assaults Luke just to make Han jealous? :lol:
(seriously though, just teasing, please let's not talk about that).
On the other hand however

Speaking of Harrison Ford... the Blade Runner scene where Deckard tries to stop Rachel from leaving, then slams her against a wall when she almost does and kisses her. Yeah. There's some serious consent issues with his characters, which I don't appreciate due to how they're romanticized within the film.
This I fully agree with, I love that movie to bits but what the hell with that scene. It would've been a good scene to show that Deckard is a cynical ass and even though she saved him he still just views her as a machine and has his way with her...but then why present it like a romantic love scene when there was absolutely zero chemistry and buildup between them...

There are two shots I never got in the original Predator movies. The first one with the mushroom cloud...like really...Dutch comes out bit sooty like Willy E Coyote and a tiny chopper flies by a nuclear blast and moreover LANDS in the middle of it...? Why can't they just go with a big boom and that's it, no need for a huge mushroom cloud.

The second one when Jerry is killed and the Predator stands on top of a building and lightining strikes it. I mean yea, Predator is cool and all but pretty damn sure he wouldn't just snatch a lightning like that.

Well, it was the 80s. If we are going to get creeped out by every scene where a man "manhandles" a woman then we better just throw out practically every old movie about detectives or cowboys, etc. While I do agree with you, face it, that's just the way movies were back then. I can't believe Revenge of The Nerds hasn't been outright banned and made to disappear forever for it's "comedic" rape scene.

Also High Plains Drifter. Our ghostly hero drags a lady into the barn and just rapes the crap out of her. Then later does pretty much the same thing to the hotel owner's wife. Yet we still root for him. I remember John Wayne was very pissed off at Clint about that movie. Though, it seems it wasn't so much about the rapes themselves as much as how he thought the movie portrayed the romanticism of the American cowboy. Ah, the priorities of the old days.

Regarding 'Predator'- not every mushroom looking explosion is nuclear. The alien had pretty powerful technology- when it detonated it just produced a very large explosion with an updraft which formed that cloud structure.

Regarding 'Predator'- not every mushroom looking explosion is nuclear. The alien had pretty powerful technology- when it detonated it just produced a very large explosion with an updraft which formed that cloud structure.
That's a fair point.

Well, it was the 80s. If we are going to get creeped out by every scene where a man "manhandles" a woman then we better just throw out practically every old movie about detectives or cowboys, etc. While I do agree with you, face it, that's just the way movies were back then. I can't believe Revenge of The Nerds hasn't been outright banned and made to disappear forever for it's "comedic" rape scene.

Also High Plains Drifter. Our ghostly hero drags a lady into the barn and just rapes the crap out of her. Then later does pretty much the same thing to the hotel owner's wife. Yet we still root for him. I remember John Wayne was very pissed off at Clint about that movie. Though, it seems it wasn't so much about the rapes themselves as much as how he thought the movie portrayed the romanticism of the American cowboy. Ah, the priorities of the old days.
I'm with you in general, I just think the scene in BR is not well executed. It portrays like it was some really romantic love scene, that sax is going on...I'm not against rough love either, but Rachael never seems comfortable in that scene and it comes pretty out of the blue and without chemistry. It's almost like it can't decide if it wants to be a rough violent scene or the moment where they fall in love and Deckard changes his view on "replicants are like any machines".

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - Mine Car Chase Scene
I tis like the producers looked at the film and decided they needed to add a highly kinetic improbable action sequence- the only thing worse would be if the film was released today with the 3D fixation, it seems designed for that.

Return of the Jedi - Speeder Bike Chase Scene
Same as above, but at least Indiana arrived somewhere. If you take the apparent speed of the speeder bikes and the duration of the chase, Luke and Leia should have ended up many miles apart from each other and even further from the rebel task force, but after a few minutes of walking got reunited.

The Watchmen - Hallelujah Sex Scene
I love this film- one of the very few movies I have seen twice in the theater. It has a perfect soundtrack linked to great action sequences until they ramp up the Leonard Cohen. It is so over the top it becomes a parody of itself. The pinnacle of stupidity is when Nite Owl orgasms and hits the flame thrower, shooting his metaphor across the night sky. I love great sex scenes, but this whole sequence is ham handed and pulls you so far out of the movie it takes a while to crawl back through that fourth wall again

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Hated this movie anyway (I got bored in the theater and had a legal pad with me, started writing down everything that bothered me... filled 2 pages), but the worst were these two things:

1) The Dragon scene. Sure, you wanna make a cool dragon scene, but the book explicitly stated that he was able to do it in under 5 minutes. And all that time wasted could have been used elsewhere.

2) The "dance lesson" scene. Added in, and had little to do with anything, since very little dancing was shown at the actual Ball scene.

As for why these bothered me so much? The film had horrible pacing. There were no little scenes of them going between classes, or in random classes, or anything. It was just Event A to Event B to Event C. Except for the existence of the Yule Ball and Christmas, the movie makes it seem like the entire thing could have taken place over a couple of months, instead of a whole school year. If they had'n't wasted time with those, they could have shown us more bridging scenes to make it clear that time was passing.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - Mine Car Chase Scene
I tis like the producers looked at the film and decided they needed to add a highly kinetic improbable action sequence- the only thing worse would be if the film was released today with the 3D fixation, it seems designed for that.

Return of the Jedi - Speeder Bike Chase Scene
Same as above, but at least Indiana arrived somewhere. If you take the apparent speed of the speeder bikes and the duration of the chase, Luke and Leia should have ended up many miles apart from each other and even further from the rebel task force, but after a few minutes of walking got reunited.
Raiders had the truck chase, Doom had the mine cars. It was the action showcase of the film, and I thought it was great except for when the car rolls off the broken track and lands on it again. That was some of Lucas's dumb humor making it through the "That's a dumb idea, George" filter.

Same for the Jedi bike chase, an action showcase like the trench run and the asteroid field. And I felt the film gave an adequate sense of time passing while Luke doubled back, it felt like an hour or two.

Last edited:
1. Holdo completely devaluing all previous space battles in Star Wars by jumping to lightspeed through the dreadnaught in TLJ.

2. Luke in TLJ.

I’ll leave TLJ alone now. Franchise Killer.

3. Sandra Bullock’s pep talk to herself in Gravity. I loved the rest of the movie, but her golly-gee buck up little camper bit near the end was so cringe inducing I blew my cringemeter gasket and haven’t been the same since.
Pulled me out of the movie I was previously buried in.

4. The fat guy in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. In an otherwise remarkable film, he makes it seem like a local old-timey mellodrama production. Took me right out of 1970’s Texas and back into my current day non-Texas living room.

5. The Bear Jew part in Inglourious Bastards. The character had been built up, spoken about as this wild, crazy, and berzerk post-Jew and out of the darkened tunnel strolls Eli Roth who, although seeming unhinged, can’t lower his screaming voice an octave or two. Get some bass, Eli!
Undid the brilliant hypnosis so masterfully applied by Mr. Waltz.

6. Speaking of Quentin, in Grind House, at the beginning of Tarantino’s movie, the female DJ chick literally trying to be Sam Jackson’s cool vibe by talking slow and breathy. It was pure agony.
Made me question if I really could trust that Quentin still knows what he is doing.

7. The crying scene in Good Will Hunting. Seemed textbook and expected. An otherwise interesting story and character arc went exactly where I thought it would. One of the few times, to me, Affleck was the refreshing one of the two.

8. Return of the Jedi. Boba Fett’s demise. Yeah.

9. Emmett Otter’s Jugband Christmas. The flying squirrel scene at the talent contest. It just doesn’t play well anymore. And I never noticed how uptight Ma Otter was before. Kind of had me glad that she didn’t win.

10. Blazing Saddles. Scenes with both Harvey and Madeline. I love Harvey’s scenes without Madeline, and I love Madeline’s scenes without Harvey, but his grovelling when they are together. I just can’t take it.

11. Seven. Brad Pitt crying and facing the unfaceable. Brad crying is just a dealbreaker. He did it in Legends of the Fall, he did it here and it’s just hard to buy.

12. The Matrix. The scene where Mouse talks about tasty wheat and then Dozer comes in far too concerned about the conversation. It was just awkward and amateurish.

13. The Hudsucker Proxy. About the third time we visit the boardroom. The magic of the Big City 1920’s Monopoly Man Board of Directors schtick has pretty much worn off at this point... which sucks because I absolutely love the rest of the movie.

14. Saving Private Ryan. When Upham lets Melish get stabbed to death. There wasn’t anything bad with the scene as in it not being believable. It was just very hard to watch and I wish it wasn’t in there. It made me really hate Upham.

15. Stand By Me. The crawling on the train trestle. It wasn’t bad or fake looking or anything. I just hated the scene.

16. Great Expectations. When Finn snaps at Joe at the art gallery. Broke my heart. It was hard to watch.

17. The ending scene where the woman becomes the evil Robot person at the end of Superman 3.

18. The lights floating down the steps in Poltergeist.

19. Seeing the aliens at the end of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

20. The demon scene carrying Gracie in Big Trouble in Little China.

21. The close up on Willem Defoe’s teeth in Wild at Heart.

22. Basically anytime Quentin Tarantino has an acting part in any movie besides when he played Jimmy in Pulp Fiction.

23. When Augustus Gloop gets stuck in the pipe in the chocolate river in Willy Wonka (the original).

24. The scene in the restaurant/bar where Pacino’s Ricky Roma is clobbering Jonathan Pryce into submission with a ceaseless flood of mundane words and topics.

25. The wine bottle scene in Pan’s Labrynthe. Just hard to watch. That nose.

Any scene Jared Leto is in throughout Blade Runner 2049 except for when he meets Deckard. Whenever he's on screen the films already slow pace just grinds to a halt.

Well, it was the 80s. If we are going to get creeped out by every scene where a man "manhandles" a woman then we better just throw out practically every old movie about detectives or cowboys, etc. While I do agree with you, face it, that's just the way movies were back then.
Yeah, I'm aware of the cultural attitudes of the time. The Hans and Leia scene I wouldn't label anywhere close to the same "not okay" range as the Blade Runner scene, and I've seen many that are worse. They just still all make me feel uncomfortable.

It would've been a good scene to show that Deckard is a cynical ass and even though she saved him he still just views her as a machine and has his way with her...
That would have been an incredibly interesting way to do the scene. Dang. Now I wish they did it that way.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Hated this movie anyway (I got bored in the theater and had a legal pad with me, started writing down everything that bothered me... filled 2 pages
They really wasted so much time in that movie with useless scenes. They could have cut all the pointless fluffy bits and included things like Winky instead (and not having Harry actually see who conjured the dark mark because...come on...that ruined the mystery).

8. Return of the Jedi. Boba Fett’s demise. Yeah.
Amen.
I agree with a lot of your list - I remember my friend swearing at the screen during Saving Private Ryan, and no one being able to watch the Pan's Labyrinth scene. Just...disturbing...

Another one: Though a lot of people freaked out about the main sex scene in Shape of Water, the one that I really hated was the sex scene between "the baddie" of the film and his wife...when his injured hand starts dripping on her... *shudders*

Another one: Though a lot of people freaked out about the main sex scene in Shape of Water, the one that I really hated was the sex scene between "the baddie" of the film and his wife...when his injured hand starts dripping on her... *shudders*
Oh? Looks like I’m going to have to see the Shape of Water now.

Definitely the conversation scene where Eggsy discovers the princess in her cell in Kingsmen completely out of left field and took me out of the movie.

Saving Private Ryan: the scene in the church where they talk and talk and talk, and especially the scene before the battle at Ramelle when Matt Damon tells that stupid story. Other than those two awful scenes, it's a perfect movie.

The Hans and Leia scene

tenor.gif

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull - Nuclear-Safe Refrigerator Scene
Tops even the life raft parachute scene in The Temple of Doom (which had been considered for the first film but discarded as being to impractical to happen, even in that universe).
Using a conveniently lead lined refrigerator could work as temporary fall out protection, but to protect a human body from the actual nuclear explosion and be the only thing that survived out of the entire fake town testing area? An acceleration which could hurl the fridge miles away and then the sudden impact of landing with the only affect on Indy is to be a bit dizzy upon exit?
The Indiana Jones films are full of miraculous escapes and coincidental events, but this one scene took the film out of the adventure category and landed it square into Toon Town.

Last edited:
The scenes in “Star Wars” and “The Empire Strikes Back” where Leia and Luke kiss on the mouth...just vomit-inducing grossness.

If there truly exists anything that George should have been well-justified in “Special Editioning” out of the trilogy, it would have been those scenes.

He could have had Boba Fett inserted to do a meaninglesss cameo walk in front of Leia and Luke during those scenes, or he could have inserted the butt of a large lizard-like beast walking in front of them, or maybe inserted a CGI rock in front of them.

Last edited:
Well, as long as we are still on about Luke & Leia
Family Guy- "It's a Trap" dealing with it:

Leia, I've got something kind of messed up to tell you. You're my sister.

I know. Somehow, I've always known.

You have? Did you know when you kissed me on Hoth?
Yeah. Well, that's pretty weird!

I'm from Alderaan. It's kind of the Mississippi of the galaxy.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back