Movie Quality Scarlet Spider

GoldPhive

Hi everyone,

A few months back i stumbled upon this awesome photo which motivated me. I dont know where this came from or who made it but it is absolutely wicked.

scarlet-Spider-man.jpg

this idea of a "movie quality" scarlet spider made me want to design my own version of a movie quality scarlet spider, though this one will be hard to beat. Here is another photo of the same guy.

138346_1257133744_large.jpg

So, for my take on this costume, I plan to make it as if the scarlet spider were from the Amazing Spiderman Movies. For those of you who havent read the Ultimate Spiderman Comics, (SPOILER ALERT)

Scarlet Spider is a clone of Peter Parker.

So for my costume, I will be using MCL34N's latest lenses and face shell so that i can stick as closely to the movie look as possible.
I will also be adding pants to the costume instead of the body suit. I Found a pair of crimson chinos for the pants that match perfectly to colour of body suit I bought for the costume. I will be keeping the sling backpack idea, it looks great and makes sense. I will also be keeping the gloves and i will be adding boots as well. I have yet to find a hoodie I like for the costume. when i do find a hoodie it will be dark blue like in the above photo.

here is my progress thus far. the only problem im having now is with the mask. the mask im using is a morphsuit mask which doesnt have the seems in the proper places. i need to find an accurate sewing pattern for a spidey mask.

WIN_20140405_152918.JPGWIN_20140405_152916.JPGWIN_20140405_152831.JPG

unfortunately I dont know how i would honeycomb it. any suggestions? also, i dont like where the seam is on the mask. i wish it were possible to get the sewing pattern from MCL34N because i have his asm2 faceshell and lenses. i have his ams2 print but the mask is already sewn so i dont know how to reproduce the pattern so i can remake it with this morphsuit material as i dont plan to use the lower half.

If anyone is still watching this thread... here is some progress, i wrapped MCL34N's lenses with a white vinyl wrap so i can switch back to the black later on. for now they are white for the scarlet spider costume. i have maroon coloured chinos to wear for pants with the rest of this, i just wanted to get these pics up quickly. so imagine the maroon pants and black military boots if you can.

10311841_10154203805055227_598319939_n.jpg10318778_10154203805850227_1233339551_n.jpg

Opinions?

If anyone is still watching this thread... here is some progress, i wrapped MCL34N's lenses with a white vinyl wrap so i can switch back to the black later on. for now they are white for the scarlet spider costume. i have maroon coloured chinos to wear for pants with the rest of this, i just wanted to get these pics up quickly. so imagine the maroon pants and black military boots if you can.

View attachment 321300View attachment 321301

Opinions?

The hoodie looks like a thin poncho. Get a real blue hoodie and take the sleeves off and put the spiders on it and it will look a lot better.

yeah the light blue hoodie was just to give everyone and myself an idea on what it might look like in the end. its actually from an old zentai costume. i dont plan to use it in the final costume. i still have yet to find the perfect hoodie for this costume. i was thinking maybe a sleevless denim jacket with a hood sewn in and then adding the spider on the chest. opinions?

Awesome! I actually just began working on the same concept of a movie quality scarlet spider except I plan to keep more in line with the blue hoody. I'm working on the pattern now!

lol I was talking about the example you shown who is wearing shorts and a jean jacket

oh ok lol, well if you have a thread on your build please post it here, id like to follow it. i still need to decide what direction i want to go for the hoodie, i like that the example in the first post has the darker weathered look to it so id like to do something similar if possible, but i believe it should all be based around the bodysuit, so il decide on all that after i am happy with the body suit. the only thing that is for sure at this point are the lenses, the pants which i havent shown yet, and the boots which i also havent shown yet

so i have found the hoodie i will be using for this suit,

m6443cof-ddn_1.jpg
The sleeves will be cut off at the shoulders and i will be removing the embroidered logo that is on the chest, i will also be altering the hoodie so that it gets thinner below my chest and is tighter around the waste to show more figure. now i jus have to figure out how i want to do the spider on the front, i could just spraypaint it with a stencil i guess but id like to go with a more 3D look like in the original post photos. any suggestions?

Progress! New suit is complete, this time it is fitted to my dimensions. It fits Amazingly! i also have the new hoodie so here are some pics with everything but the boots.
WIN_20140514_190216.JPGWIN_20140514_190202.JPGWIN_20140514_190152.JPGWIN_20140514_190128.JPGWIN_20140514_190224.JPGWIN_20140514_190442.JPGWIN_20140514_190506.JPGWIN_20140514_190511.JPGWIN_20140514_190517.JPG

Next i will be removing the white logo and drawstrings from the hoodie, also still need to come up with a good way to attach a spider logo to the chest.

i would like some input from anybody who is following this thread, im about 75% sure im going to be cutting the sleeves off. If i do, should i also cut the pants into shorts? keep in mind i might be wearing black army boots with the suit

Looking for input!!!

That looks awesome!!! Alot better than the scarlet suits on ebay and they go for like 300 bucks haha. I wanna make a scarlet spidey suit like yours but maybe make the eyes look metallic.

i had no idea that there were scarlet spider suits on ebay, especially for 300$ thats insane! And i agree with you 100% on metallic lenses. i bought the lenses and face shell from MCL34N back in september when he only had a few reference photos for the materials of his ASM2 suit. So when he sourced out the materials for the lenses he assumed they would be white. Im happy with them being white though. i have a comic style set of lenses i bought from Tjack a while ago and those lenses have a metallic look and are way easier to see through than the MCL34N ones, so if you are looking to make a suit like mine id recommend you message Tjack about his ASM2 lenses and ask about the metallic tints.

I think im going to do a symbiote spider suit after this using the same lenses, so im happy that my lenses are white.

Finally found the time to cut the sleeves off. next i will be adding the spider logo to the chest.
GOPR0106.JPGGOPR0107.JPGView attachment GOPR0122.JPG (not sure why this pic wont load)

Yes, my room is very much a mess at the moment, i am a student after all.

for the logo, ive decided im going to cut the spider out of 3mm PVA black foam and spray it with black plasti-dip, than glue it to the hoodie with fabric glue. will hopefully have that done tomorrow or the next day

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back