Movie Industry Fabrics

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by kiyominai, May 14, 2015.

1. kiyominai

kiyominai Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

euro1.jpg
    euro2.jpg

Hello everyone.

I have been doing so much research on the different types of fabrics out there. Eventually, I was able to find some people who have worked on many costume departments for various movies out there and stumbled upon a certain type of fabric brand that is popular among the superhero genre called Sensitive Fabrics. Particularly the one called Sensitive Fabrics: Bonded. It is very thick, handles ventilation well, no pilling, chlorine resistant, and is very comfortable. There are so many different types of fabrics with this brand and even comes in various thickness depending on the weight. I was able to get a colorcard system as well as many swatches. I also have an order placed for 15 meters.

Do you guys know any other types of brands that is popular with the movie industry superhero movies?

Maryfoxfirebird, zerog270 and kialna like this.
  2. ichibans13

ichibans13 Active Member

Incredible information! Thanks!

3. ichibans13

ichibans13 Active Member

Excuse my ignorance, but what is pilling?

4. monsterpartyhat

monsterpartyhat Well-Known Member

Have you ever had a garment (or anything made of fabric) that got a little worn and formed what look like little tiny balls of material on the surface? That's pilling - it's cause by abrasion partially separating some of the fibers, which then clump up and look nasty.

Here's an example:

tumblr_inline_moevqbOKjb1qz4rgp.jpg

5. ichibans13

ichibans13 Active Member

I know exactly what you mean! Thanks for explaining!