Movie F/X

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by darthinwah, Dec 19, 2005.

1. darthinwah

darthinwah New Member

This is old news to all you RPFers but for newbies, you need to know this.

I posted on another thread but figured this is important enough that it doesn't affect anyone else...

Whatever you do - DO NOT BUY from MOVIE-F/X..... Don't even entertain the idea by emailing this guy. He is not only a pc of $%$t but a liar too.

Do not make the same mistake I did. I purchased a kit from this guy Guidon Messika - he said he at armor in his house ready to ship...

Fast forward to over one year later, countless emails - still no product. this guy is a joke. He several times, told me that the item was shipped....Of course I received nothing. I went as far as saying, give me a tracking number - Of course, he sent a bogus number.

Then I told this idiot to just refund my money. that never happened.

After of over a year and lots of frustation, I got a full refund, thankfully from my credit card.

If there is anything I could do to prevent others from having the same fate, I will do it here. DO NOT BUY from Movie-F/X - DO NOT BUY from Guidon Messika.

His site should be taken off.

If you need proof of this guys's insolence, let me know. I have saved every e-mail, lie and excuse from this Schmuck...

2. shortimer52

shortimer52 Well-Known Member

So why don't you tell us how you really feel? :)

3. darthinwah

darthinwah New Member

Yeah,

nothing like 6monthes of therapy....

4. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

you should go all... TK lookin for droids on a moisture farm homestead on his AR$E.

in full kevlar coated TK getup. that should show him...

when he comes out of his shop screaming rithing in pain and on fire...

other con artist prop makers will get the picture that you arent going to stand for it...

now go buy some AP TK armor and chill. happy hollidays. :cheers

5. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

....he has a weird listing on ebay for a charity auction for one of his helmets....looks fishy.....

6. troopermaster

troopermaster Well-Known Member

Yeah I seen it.I think I'll ask Richard Bonehill what the deal is.

7. Robot Monster

Robot Monster Sr Member

Oh I thought this was about the Movie F/X dvd's that used to come out. I miss them..

8. dkwd

dkwd Well-Known Member

Good magazine though.

David

9. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

PM´d you.

Markus

10. TK709

TK709 New Member

I have been trying to get a helmet kit from him for a year and half. I have had a member of the German garrison talk to him, but he told him the helmet was shipped. That was a couple of months ago. Not a person you should give your hard earned money to.

Charlie C TK709

11. cookiemongoloid

cookiemongoloid New Member

What's his website? I am interested.

12. TK-607

TK-607 New Member

13. SethB6025

SethB6025 Well-Known Member

I hope you're interested in getting ripped off. :lol Because, it seems unless you can physically go get it from him, that you don't get it. Ever. :cry

14. Robot Monster

Robot Monster Sr Member

I used to get mine at the B&N and move them to the front of the pile so people could see them. I really liked that DVD mag.

15. TK-6790

TK-6790 New Member

Don't know what armor you guys are looking for, but if it is Snow Armor check out the Blizzard Force website. A new run is being put together right now.

Blizzard Force

16. dkwd

dkwd Well-Known Member

Actually - the magazive site is :
    http://moviefxmag.com/

It's still up.

David

17. TD5422

TD5422 Well-Known Member

When I first read this thread, I thought it was from a friend of mine.
    she had almost the exact same experience :eek

I can say as well avoid this guy. She has reams of emails she ended up sending to her CC company to ge the refund.

18. Lello999

Lello999 Well-Known Member

19. TK-4140

TK-4140 Well-Known Member

@Lello999,

sorry Domenik egal was Du gehört hast oder auch nicht, oder was in der GG wieder mal so alles über Guidon erzählt wird hast Du schon selber etwas von Ihm bekommen und warten müssen? Wenn nicht solltest Du besser kein Urteil darüber hier Posten. Es ist leider auch sehr viel heiße Luft dabei was so alles geposted wird und es gibt auch Leute die mit der Qualität und dem Lieferservice von Guidon zufrieden sind.

O.k. sorry to hijack that tread now but I also think it´s time to let you guys know some other points.
    There are also a lot of people in germany who get Stormtrooper suits or other parts from Movie-FX and liked what they got and also did not wait long for there parts. Also I think there are some problems that Guidon Messika had now that are based not on his foult. I could not tell all the points now only one point that I think is very important and that point goes to Mr. Jeremy A. Smith. This person gots a lot of Stormtrooper suits from Guidon and did not pay till now that Guidon gets very big money problems here in germany. This is not the only problem that Guidon has had with some of his customers but I think that´s also a point that has to be said why he get´s into some troubles.

I know Guidon for a long time and what I like to do now is try to help you all here and also Guidon in this situation.

All presons that still gets some parts from Guidon please contact me at GKo1040480@aol.com with complete adress and the parts you have to get from Guidon and I will see that all parts are get out in the next weeks as fast as I can do that. That´s only a help for you out there and also Guidon I would like to do.

Greetings Guido :)

20. darthinwah

darthinwah New Member

Guido,

sounds like you live in Germany so you do not have these problems.

Give me a break about Guidon's problems. He is a jerk. Waiting over a year for something is a joke especially if he emails back saying he has sent it. He even sent me a fake tracking number. You know I still haven't received anything. I have been waiting since March of 2004.

If anybody wants proof of this, PM me. I have saved all of the emails that he sent. A year of email replies stating he sent something he hasn't can get old....Fast.

Bottom line - Don't buy from Guidon or Movie/FX unless you like pain and suffering. Don't do it.

21. TK-4140

@darthinwah,

I don´t say that Guidon did everything right or did not have problems or anything like that.
    And yes your absolutly right it´s an absolutly unpossible thing to let peoples wait over one year to get there parts I must give you 100% on that statement.

I only try here to let you all know that also other people pulled him into problem that he did not make on himself. If you would produce over 10 complete suits and send them away and did not get you money for them you also would have problems. Than if you could not get the money you also could not get material to produce more parts I think that logical or not? (Sorry for my bad english)

What I try now is only to help people that still have to get parts from Guidon and try to coordinate that for Guidon that both sides come to an end.

Guido

22. darthinwah

darthinwah New Member

Guido,

you sound like a good guy, unlike Guidon. Good luck with what you are trying to do....Prepare to wait.......perhaps for nothing........

23. TK-4140

send you a PM darthinwah....

Guido

24. TK-4140

Hey again,

so only one person contacted me till now but lots of peoples trown out the dirtbag over Guidon. No one more that still gets some parts or suits from Guidon??? I still wait to get information because only than I could try to help you to get your parts.

Greetings Guido

Oh and BTW I´m not Guidon myself like some other people thaught till now.
    My name is Guido and I´m also a member of the 501st. German-Garrison.

25. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

I just tried the site. Got in one minute, and then a minute later the site was trying to redirect me to www.discothekenbau.de, and wouldn't come up. The site is still "up".

Did anyone notice his contact information shows his phone #s and directions to his place? Maybe someone should go a'knockin on his front door?

:love

:EDIT:

Got it to come up again...

Contact info:

[attachmentid=5746]

26. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

....do yourself a favour and avoid this guy altogether....when there is this much bad news floating around about a vendor, I wouldn't even bother....

27. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Ignoring a problem won't make it go away. Apathy is not a solution for the world's woes.

28. TK-4140

O.K.

what should I say sorry that I tryed to help people from the RFF to get there parts there bought.
    If there is no more person that still get something from Movie-FX or don´t like help O.k. fine so I have safed time.

Guido

29. darthinwah

darthinwah New Member

so TK-4140,

did you find the scam artist?

30. TK709

TK709 New Member

I have been back and forth with this guy. I have saved e-mails from him stating that he sent my order. That was months ago. In his latest e-mail he said he had sent my order thru DHL, that was almost 3 weeks ago. It has been a year and a half. I am not giving up though. I will get my helmet......oh yes I will get it.

Charlie C TK/TS709

31. OdiWan72

32. TK-4140

Hey Markus,

wir sind mit 2 Personen an der gleichen Sache bschäftigt aber ich habe innerhalb der letzten Wochen exact 2 Emails erhalten. Finde es schon etwas seltsam das erst ein riesen Aufstand gefahren wird und dann kommt fast gar nichts.

@darthinwa,

yes I contacted Guidon and I await your ROTJ armor at my door in the next week. As I told you I would check it complete before I could send it out to you and I still wait for your complete name and adress.

Greetings Guido

33. ti4477

ti4477 New Member

Na dann sind wir ja schon zu dritt. Jedoch verspricht Guidon einem das Blaue vom Himmel und die Leute warten immer noch auf ihr Zeugs. Ich kann ihm ja schließlich nicht die Teile aus den Händen reissen. Ich finde die Sachen, die Guidon herstellt wirklich genial, jedoch ist seine Zuverlässigkeit unter aller Kanone.
    Gruss,
    Thorsten, TK-4477

34. r2d2org

r2d2org New Member

sorry to high jack this theard but Guidon you still owe my my 3po after way over 2 years

I WANT IT BACK

Jeff

35. OdiWan72

o.k...waited for two shipping labels, which should be send to me by Guidon to proove delivery. Nada.

I just sent him a message, stating that I intend to pick up things myself, INCLUDING some cash for s&h.
    I´m from Cologne....anyone closer to him than me?

I also asked for power of attourney from the people I try to get their stuff for.
    I´m willing and planning to group-file against him in the near future.

It would be helpful to merge my and this thread together and create a full list of people, who Guidon owes stuff to, right? Let´s focus and concentrate the efforts.

MODS:
    Either merge THIS thread to mine or vice-verse, THANKS.

Markus

36. StudioCreations

StudioCreations Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Guidon's poor communication with his clients blatantly shows his lack of respect to the people who buy his product. If he was sincere about 'making good' with the people he owes product to, he would keep regular communication with them. Instead he hides, avoiding as much communication with his buyers as possible.

If Guidon wants to save face, he needs to start communicating on a regular basis. This would help avoid public discussions of his bad business practices.

Guidon, I hope you are reading this thread and will learn from it. There is a right way and a wrong way in dealing with fandom buyers.

37. Darth_Solus

Darth_Solus New Member

I´ve a close friend who also bought a snowtrooper armor 5 months ago,and of course, he don´t know nothing more about Guido and his armor for 4 months and a half. :angry :angry :angry
    We are from Spain, maybe we should give a trip to Germany to have a meeting with our "friend" Guido.... :love :love

-Darth Solus

38. damon5973

damon5973 Well-Known Member

I am also out a helmet kit. I contacted guido and Odi. Both have tried. I will whoever need power of attorney to get me my helmet. I have been waiting for 14 months also for a snowtrooper helmet kit taht I paid 150.00 back Nov 2004.

He gave a whole list of excuses. he just rips people off and especially people outside of germany.

even if I get my kit.....which I highly doubt I will I am never going to have a positive thing to say about the man.

the only good thing is that there are several members here who are in Germany who have been trying to help.

I just want my kit. I will pay for the shipping back to here....if you can go to his place pick it up.

thsi is frustrating.

is there anything we can do..this is fraud.

39. TK709

TK709 New Member

Also the fact that he will tell you he sent the the item, and you end up waiting for an item that never arrives. I have 2 e-mails from several months ago stating the item was sent. Unless he sent it by rowboat, it should have arrived by now. My favorite though: The fake tracking number. End of rant.

Charlie C TK/TS709

40. altername

altername Well-Known Member

Maybe this thread or yours should be sticky'd...

41. OdiWan72

Hi all...since I still haven´t received any reply from Guidon, I decided to group-file against him...

I´ll set up a document (power of attourney) with the help of a police officer within the next days and will provide it to anyone who Guidon owes stuff to.

PLEASE...everyone who is owed by Guidon, please post here along with your eMail adress. I´ll contact you within the next days with further instructions....

Stay tuned, Markus

42. CWR

CWR Active Member

Markus,

Guidon owes me an ANH suit from back in august of 04. If he does not come through with the goods, I will be asking for a refund. I have my Paypal receipts to show all money that was paid to movie FX. I will even go one step further and turn him in to LFL if this does not pan out. I am tired of people taking advantage of RPF members. "Don't sell what you can't deliver or you don't have".

My email address is

crundels@midway.com

Thanks Markus,

-CWR

43. OdiWan72

Thanks Craig...I already have your infos ;)

SOrry, that I wasn´t able to get your stuff regulary :(
    ManfromNaboo directed me to a thread from the german garrison and there are several others who are waiting for stuff from Guidon.

I´m sick of it.

Like I wrote before...a friend of mine will help me to create a document with all needed informations for power of attourney. Once I have it in hand, I´ll send it to you guys to be completed with your data and signed.

In addition to that, I´m trying to mange a visit at Guidon facility.
    Only prob I have is time....

Markus

44. geordietrooper

geordietrooper Well-Known Member

mr movie f/x has just posted at the rpb

45. OdiWan72

Here´s my statement to the BS Guidon is trying to tell people...

Hey Guidon...who are you trying to play your games with?

I contacted you without any bad intentions and just wanted to resolve some issues for a few guys over at the RPF and YOU.

You PROMISED me not to screw me and to give a regular feedback on the status of the different orders. ANd now???

I´m STILL waiting for the shipping-labels/ confirmations from you. Please understand, but I am done with you and from now on, I will support everyone in every imaginable way to get what they are owed.

I told you, that I´d be no @#$%., but you seem to treat me that way. Now I´m going to show you, what a @#$%. with guts and far better english skills than you is capable of.

Cheers, Markus

46. TK-4140

Hey,

only once again Mr. Movie-FX is Guidon Messika and not me Guido Kohlen. I know that my first name is very similar to Guidons but I´m not him and I only tryed to help other people like Markus also did. I phoned with Guidon on thuersday last time and on that phone call he told me that I will get the ROTJ suit for a member here in the next week. So I have to wait if it will come to me or not. For me it´s only important that all out here know that I´m not Mr. Messika.

Greetings Guido Kohlen

47. TK709

TK709 New Member

I for one, am glad to see that something is happening with this situation. I have had nothing but problems with Guidon. I have tried to be diplomatic. When that didn't work it turned to anger, fear and suffering(insert Yoda voice here). I tried Paypal, no luck (after 90 days forget it). I contacted someone in Germany who tried to help. I need this to be resolved. My advice to anyone who is remotely thinking of dealing with him, I vehemently say "NO". run away, don't look back.
    If you do....... God be with you, you're gonna need it. End of rant v2.0.

Charlie C TK/TS709

48. damon5973

damon5973 Well-Known Member

Well, I for one am ready to do what it takes to either get my money back or my snowtrooper helmet kit. I have waited over a year, 17 months to be exact and I want something to happen. Iwoudl be happy with my money back (150.00)plus fees ofcourse, and or my helmet and something else......maybe some other piece he can add on.

a HUGE thank you to the guys trying to help out.

I am owed at the very least one snowtroper helmet kit

thanks
    brad

49. CWR

CWR Active Member

I received this message from Guidon today. I am not sure what to make of it. I sent Guido a pm and have not heard back from him about this. Anyone recieve a similar message from Guidon recently?

50. OdiWan72

I´ll check this with Guido Kohlen today.

Guidon wrote that I´d get scans of the shipping-labels to proof it. Nothing as of yet.

Parallely, I already received the document, which can/will be used to file against GuidoN. Problem is that I have to translate it first and my business english isn´t that great :$

Markus