Movie Deadpool costume!!

an chance you cold provide infor on the fabric?
thanks looks great

This is not an "off the rack" fabric that you can go and buy, I am making the texture on different types of spandex,nylon and lycras and still nailing down my top choice. I went and got several swatches of red and trying out dyeing and texturing to get the desired effect.

I've been working on finding fabric and as soon as I can sit down and order some samples I'll pass on what I've found. I also ordered a sample of some window cling see through vinyl and I'll be posting about that here in a bit as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I really wanna say something about the Deadpool suit but like Lunaman, I have signed NDA forms. Everything he mentioned is true though. Look for stretch. With screen printing these days, it's easier to use stretch fabric while at the same time disguising it to look like other fabric.

Examples:

Star-Lord's jacket was cotton drill material, umbre-dyed, and waxed, and not leather.

Captain America's Winter Soldier uniform is stretch spandex with tiny bits of shapes printed all around the suit to look like kevlar.

Flash's suit has printed "lightning bolt" patterns around it to look fire resistant.

With Deadpool, I advise you to look at the EW cover scans and really focus on the shape.
So the question I have is at what point will your NDA expire? If that's a thing. And how exactly did you happen across the information that required you to sign an NDA?

[UPDATE] Ok so, this is where I'm at with the mask, So I as i said I ordered the window cling vinyl and... eh, is kinda how i feel. Not sure what other options I have with these white lenses thing, Seems everyone is swearing by white nylon stockings so I guess I'll have to give that a shot. Regardless, back to my findings. So it looks pretty decent I'd say but not quite perfect. the sample I got had an image printed on it which is why the coloring looks off in the pic. Visibility through the vinyl wasn't near as bad as it looks in the pictures. could't really get the camera to focus like i wanted. anyways, First pic is of the expanded metal mesh, second is of the vinyl and the visibility through it (which is a lot better then it looks.)
Inside out 1.jpgInside out 2.jpgMask 5.jpgWindow Cling.jpg

I've been working on finding fabric and as soon as I can sit down and order some samples I'll pass on what I've found. I also ordered a sample of some window cling see through vinyl and I'll be posting about that here in a bit as well.

- - - Updated - - -

So the question I have is at what point will your NDA expire? If that's a thing. And how exactly did you happen across the information that required you to sign an NDA?

I can't recall when, I just remember when I started an internship for a certain DC movie, I had to sign a form. Shortly after, I was hired at a screen printing company that is often hired by other companies in creating these kinds of suits. So I guess my answer is, for as long as I work here.

imagejpeg

Hey bud I have been really following your costume build and I know the material part has been tough to figure out but I saw his material and if you notice that silver part of this suit looks like almost the material used on the Deadpool movie outfit. Just thought I share this.

Update it seems my photo didn't post, but take a look at the Hurley freedom 202 jacket. That's the picture I was trying to post.

Hey, don't know if anyone has given any tips on the holsters yet. They look very similar to Kydex pistol holsters, they do different ones for all guns. You can get them relatively cheaply, a lot of people use them for airsoft (that's where I know them from haha). Looks like you're pretty close with the drop leg platform though :)

Hey, don't know if anyone has given any tips on the holsters yet. They look very similar to Kydex pistol holsters, they do different ones for all guns. You can get them relatively cheaply, a lot of people use them for airsoft (that's where I know them from haha). Looks like you're pretty close with the drop leg platform though :)
I posted a link either here or on my build thread, to the guy who made the holsters for the movie. He has a shop on eBay and sells a pair for $180 I believe. They are Kydex, you are correct.

I haven't forgotten or abandoned this costume. I've been absent due to medical reasons and am trying to figure the best way to proceed. I've got a type of spandex that might work but its going to be a challenge to figure out how well. I'll post pictures when I get home. But I think I'm on the right track with the fabric. The next issue is going to be how I want to proceed and how I can. I'll update next chance I get.

I haven't forgotten or abandoned this costume. I've been absent due to medical reasons and am trying to figure the best way to proceed. I've got a type of spandex that might work but its going to be a challenge to figure out how well. I'll post pictures when I get home. But I think I'm on the right track with the fabric. The next issue is going to be how I want to proceed and how I can. I'll update next chance I get.
have you seen how illstra studios have done the fabrid they airbrushed the texture onto red lycra and it looks great :)

have you seen how illstra studios have done the fabrid they airbrushed the texture onto red lycra and it looks great :)

Yeah, I have a feeling I know where they might've gotten their "inspiration" from...lol...anyways. I've moved past that technique now, it was good for the prototype but now I'm ready to step up my game. Here's what I'm working with now and here's a hint: It's not cordura.

12345474_10153112731296114_3210348334964734291_n.jpg

Feel free to keep an eye on my thread for more developments and some cool updates around the corner. LAterz.

Yeah, I have a feeling I know where they might've gotten their "inspiration" from...lol...anyways. I've moved past that technique now, it was good for the prototype but now I'm ready to step up my game. Here's what I'm working with now and here's a hint: It's not cordura.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=b99692a7147c6321230df1607a0cceed&oe=571B85C7

Feel free to keep an eye on my thread for more developments and some cool updates around the corner. LAterz.

Lycra with a gel layer or something? :) Waffle texture..?

Hey Party People!!!

Been sneaking around here for a bit and gradually gathering research and resources. I am a member of the 501st Legion, so this is really my FIRST non-Star Wars build; however, I am thoroughly enjoying it! While there are some AWESOME pieces out there, I am enjoying fabricating some of my own. One I would like to share is the rigid holsters...

Holsters.jpg Holsters & others.jpg

I formed them with some Thermoform Plastic sheets with a Carbon Fiber design from DIY Gun Holsters. I used a heat gun, but an oven might have been more effective. Don't forget to mold them with the 15 degree forward tilt. Found them (plastic sheets) on AMAZON for $12 for a 2 pack. Obviously they aren't as awesome as the set made by the actual movie prop maker, but I am pleased. Also.....if I can do this, then you all can EASILY!!!

The belt was also on AMAZON and the face shell was on eBay. The face shell will be modded then covered with fabric. The belt, in my opinion, is good enough for me.

I'll be using the same type of plastic sheets to mold shoulder armor and shin guards, boot armor, etc. Shoulders will be covered with the leatherette material. I'll be using thermoform plastic pellets to mold some of the other weapons, so they can POSSIBLY be con-friendly.

Thank you all for being so AWESOME!!!

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=b99692a7147c6321230df1607a0cceed&oe=571B85C7

Hey Fett! So I never saw any other posts on this fabric. What exactly was it and where did you find it if you wouldn't mind? :) thanks!

i think you might be correct on the fabric since i looked up cordura as well its also a military fabric so its not that farfetched that the costume is made from it

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back