Movie car myths...

Gas can last a couple of years if in a proper container/gas tank. Even then you can usually still use it after that. You can smell it and tell if you shouldn’t.
So in an apocalypse you’d have dead batteries long before bad gas.

Gas can last a couple of years if in a proper container/gas tank. Even then you can usually still use it after that. You can smell it and tell if you shouldn’t.
So in an apocalypse you’d have dead batteries long before bad gas.

A couple of years, but in the timeline of The Walking Dead it's been more than a couple of years and cars are still running just fine somehow; long after its gas, battery, oil, and everything else should have long since died/gone bad.

I remember there was a chase scene in San Francisco in the 70's- two cars running down those famous rolling hill streets. the lead car was supposed to run against parked cars on both sides during the chase- they had to rebuild the LTD with iron beams in the corners because even a glancing collision crumpled the car's body around the front tires and stopped it.

Last edited:
FWIW , just pulled a motorbike out of the shed that last ran in 2005 and it still works ! Petrol still in it, battery looks a bit cloudy but keeps a charge for a little bit

Never actually been in a Delorean. Where is the horn?

Originally on the left hand indicator stalk.

Though some upgraded it to the centre of the steering wheel to stop them from accidentally triggering it. Especially at night in the UK where it is illegal to sound a horn for anything except dangerous situations.

"Turner directional lever"??? "Left Hand indicator stalk"??? Are you guys kidding me? I assume you mean the blinker?

I tend to forget US usage of english differs from ours here in the UK :). They are called indicators here in the UK.

Though depending on what make of car you drive, seems to either make them optional or non-existent on roundabouts :D

Last edited:
Never knew that. Fuckung bizarre...

It's common on old cars on this side of the atlantic. The old Mini also had it on the indicator stalk.

Mind you, to my mind it is bizzare having the driver's seat on the wrong side of the car like you guys ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back