Movie accurate Slime

BuGz

Hi guys,

I was hoping to get some information from all you experienced monster makers!

I am in need of some help with slime..

Does anyone know what they used to make the slime for the Alien and predator costumes? I'm about to use my Alien Warrior suit for a film within the next few weeks so was hoping someone could stear me in the right direction.

Any help or information would be superb!

Cheers

Bri

very cheap water based hair gel ...its what we use on aliens for film and what everybody out here in Hollywoodland uses too. Ha ..you'd be surprised at all the strange household stuff that is used on an actual film set

I was under the impression that they used k-y jelly "lubricant" as slime for the aliens, in the alien franchise at least.

it was until recently ...now waterbased colored hair gel can be bought much cheaper in bulk and has the same properties as KY .... now if you need it to last a bit longer for takes, you can buy Glycerin by the gallon ..mix a bit with water and spray it on with a spray bottle ...its what we use to simulate sweat ..in a less watered down form it will work as slime ...but trust me ..use the hair gel

Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick responses! I was going to go down the KY Jelly idea! Does KY give you that stretch look like the slime used in Aliens at all?

I really want the Warrior suit to look **** hot!

Thanks again

Bri

The original ALIEN used KY.

I can't speak for the others, although ptgreek's idea seems really sound.

When I did my fanfilm, I used anti-bacterial handsoap. You can buy it by the gallon pretty cheaply.

ive been told water and green/yellow highlighter ink,look it up on utube..could be fake though,one guy said it is,but he gives a tutorial on it.....so yh im not responsible if it goes wrong!

Spawn, in the making of documentry for one of the films (can't remember which one) they use a glow stick and KY jelly (activate it, break it and mix it with the KY Jelly) BE CAREFUL as a potential by-product of the glowstick contains a phenol group, so avoid contact with skin, eyes etc as it isn't very nice stuff.

Spawn, in the making of documentry for one of the films (can't remember which one) they use a glow stick and KY jelly (activate it, break it and mix it with the KY Jelly) BE CAREFUL as a potential by-product of the glowstick contains a phenol group, so avoid contact with skin, eyes etc as it isn't very nice stuff.
BTW sir.. where can i get that "KY jelly" thing?...

BTW sir.. where can i get that "KY jelly" thing?...

ky shoudl be easly had at yoru local walmart, cvs, walgreens etc, for the glowing i was also going to recommend adding the glow stick fluid. I wouldn't eat it but it shouldn't be a problem if you get it on yoru skin. i guess depends o what brand, etc you get.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back